For those who make YouTube videos, what software do you use?

As in camera, editing, and voice recording?

In terms of camera, I use Bandicam and Screencast O Matic but I’d like something better. Something that can have only the sound and no time limit.

In terms of editing, I’ve found that the default windows editor works the best for me.

And voice recording/editing, I was considering audacity or such but I don’t know.

Can I please have some help? As of now, I’m having to play games and record with Bandicam with no commentary. And it won’t let me pass the 10 minutes limit so some cutscenes have been kicked out. I do like it for it’s sound and easy things to record but I need something else.
Comments5
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Built in Video editor for Windows 10 for simple videos.

Movie Studio 14 for more serious videos.
I don't make YouTube videos, but my teenager son did, and I have a little understanding of making YouTube videos, as I've watched him using online video editing software.

However as a photographer and graphic designer, I tend to go for the Adobe software. I use Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, and Illustrator. Since I'm paying for the all apps package, I downloaded and installed Adobe Premiere Pro video editing application and encouraged my son to use it for video editing.

He found it to be much better than the basic online apps or the cheap limited free apps from other companies.

Well, Adobe Premiere Pro is very much a professional level kind of video editing, and most Hollywood studios use it. But just because it is more of a professional level video editor, it does not mean it is limited to the professionals, anyone can use it. But you would be paying a monthly subscription for it.

If I was making a YouTube video, that is what I would use.
For voice recording and editing, I use basic Audacity. I don't use cameras at all unless needed which is the one built on my old laptop. For screen videos, I use OBS. It has no limit and it allows facecam, screen recording, sound recording, and live streaming.