Closed to new replies
July 29
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Trying to install OS on UEFI, not working

:iconss0011:
SS0011 Featured By Owner Edited Jul 29, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Cloudready was pre-installed. I don't like it, so I'm trying to switch to PrimeOS. I downloaded PrimeOS, changed the ISO to BIN in the file manager, then I used the chromebook recovery utility to make a bootable SD file, but now I'm confused on how to boot it and install it. I don't see an option on my HP computer to do anything in legacy mode. It's just UEFI and I took a pic of what it looks like. I selected EFI Embedded MMC Device at first and that didn't do anything. So, am I supposed to select Boot from EFI File? 

Images below

imgur.com/32kwlys

i.imgur.com/tcvxuat

Devious Comments

:icondogofas:
dogofas Featured By Owner Jul 31, 2020
Hi guys, on what sites do you buy various smart devices? I mean good quality items with warranty. I Find Necessary Hi-Tech Product Easy on many sites. One of them is 4Prototypes . It offers very competitive prices. I have bought a few items there. They provided full information on the product and very fast delivery. Please share what good sites you know.
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Jul 29, 2020  Professional Artist
You're trying to boot off an SD card? Or just from a file?

You'll have to see if that's a boot device by going into the BIOS and enabling it/setting it to a boot priority higher than the hard drive. You may also have boot options that you can enter which will let you pick what device to boot from. I'm not sure if the SD card will be supported though.
SS0011 Featured By Owner Jul 29, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Trying to boot from the SD card. I thought it would have been a device since the computer has an SD card slot. I'll have to see later on tonight.
It may not support booting from the SD card slot. You might have to make a bootable USB.
I know it seems like those things should be the same but on some computers they aren't
:iconkatforce:
Katforce Featured By Owner Jul 29, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
What about a SD-card USB adapter? Would it work?
As long as the SD card had the right formatting and was made bootable it should work. Might be slow - some of those adapters are trash.

SS0011 Featured By Owner Jul 29, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Alright, thanks
Add a Comment: