Photoshop Elements 10 not recognising stylus pressure sensitivity - HP Envy x360

Issue listed in title!

It recognises the pen, but doesn't pick up pressure sensitivity. Other apps, like the pre-installed Autodesk Sketchbook do recognise pressure sensitivity.

Also can't make the brush tool work without holding down the pen button - don't know if this issue is connected?

Help please!

Comments5
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
OK guys, thanks. I tried the free trial of Photoshop CC 19 and it works perfectly. Will just continue subscribing as it's pretty nice to have the up to date software - cheers!
Try downloading the trial of the newest version, to see if it works. There's a chance that your version of Photosohp Element simply doesn't support your pen.
If it's a stylus specific to the envy then I'm not surprised. Elements 10 is a pretty old piece of software. I use it myself, but short of some standard wacom tablet drivers it doesn't like newer pens at all.
Yeah, I have that same problem with the surface book and photoshop elements 11. It did the same when I used my wacom bamboo tablet. I think it's just because the program is so old.