Tablet drivers

Hi, I'm not sure anyone uses this forum but I'll give it a go...

So I recently bought an XP Pen Artist and I had to uninstall my Intuos wacom tablet. But the problem is I need both since I'm using the Intuos in school and I don't have any other computer to use at home with my XP penF2U Kaomoji | Lying Down _(:3J L)_ | iikao #1 

Can I have two different drivers on the same computer?
Comments9
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
You will have to just try and hope they don't conflict.  There is no way to tell, even the manufacturers wouldn't be able to tell you.  My guess is that it should work fine, but that's not really based on any facts.  I have seen some youtube videos of people reviewing an XP pen tablet and in the background you can see a Wacom tablet on the desk, so that would lead me to believe that they have not run into any issues.

If you do run into issues, you can try disabling one of the drivers from starting up with windows. Then just enabling it when you need it, then disabling it when you done.  It'll be better then constantly uninstalling/reinstalling the driver.

If your running windows 10 both of these actions can be done in the task manager.  Startup tab to stop the driver from loading with windows startup(once set you don't have to do it again). Process tab to start and stop the driver when needed(you'll have to do this every time you need to switch).  

Good luck. Tablet drivers can be very finicky.
Thanks for the reply!
I guess I'll just have to try and see what happens then. I have a mac though, can you still disable the drivers?
I'm sure you can do the same thing on a Mac, but have no idea on how that's done.
I couldn't find anything :/ Haha, this is why I don't like macs XD
I'm really not a technical nerd, so my suggestions might be wrong, but I think you should just go ahead and try. The worst case scenario is that you have to uninstall both drivers and install one of them again, but that takes nearly no time.

I myself own two Wacom tablets, and when I bought my Cintiq, I did hear of some people having driver issues, if they had two wacom drivers installed. However, it works completely fine for me to have both the intous and cintiq driver installed, and my guess is that it will be even less of a problem, since your tablets are from different brands. But as I said previously: just go ahead and try :-)
Yeah I guess ^^ 
I just don't like to fight with computers cuz they easily create problems which can take hours to solve XD And I have a stupid Mac too I think I've fainted.  But I guess it's worth a try... If it doesn't work then I'll have to get another computer for the XP Pen... How troublesome T_T 
Yeah, I get your point :drop:  Sometimes computers can be a huge mystery to those,
who doesn't know the insides of it :D
And Mac ofc is seemingly harder to use than any other type of computer - I know, because I have one too :)
Anyways, it would be a lot nicer for you, if you won't have to buy another computer :-)
They speak another language haha, it's not easy to understand what they want or what they're doing sometimes XD