paint tool sai alternatives for Mac??

Hi,I got a MacBook Pro for uni and to my disappointment, I have discovered I can't use saw, are there any GOOD alternatives (paid options that aren't crazy expensive like photoshop)?? I'd love to know bc I'm really sad about this. most of the free options like krita, fire alpaca and gimp are just horrendous on Mac and gimps new versions just doesn't want to acknowledge the pen pressure no matter what I do (even going on preferences and doing all those steps)
Comments10
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I use Krita, which is free and open-source and is available on OSX, Windows, Linux and (I believe) soon-to-be Android? Krita is good for painting and drawing, if you want a photo manipulation program, try GIMP, it is also free and open-source and supported by the same 3 operating systems. I use both programs to do digital image works. :)
The education-discount versions of Photoshop are supposedly not that expensive.
I don't really use it for drawing, but Pixelmator is a pretty affordable Photoshop alternative. I say Photoshop because it seems to support a lot of brushes, and has lot of other photoshopping and vector art features, but may not be as good as a dedicated drawing or painting app. I don't know for sure because I haven't really branched out lately. There is also a Pro version now, which I haven't touched at all, but even that version still looks rather affordable.
if youre desperate to run sai on mac, try using wine! i use wine on linux, linux and mac are somewhat similar (both unix based) so i think it should be able to run something like winebottler.
i think krita is a good alternative to sai though but i'm not sure how it runs on mac since i don't have one.
what is this wine thing, I've seen the word float around in my search ;-;
I literally had this exact problem when I got my macbook lol. I switched over to Clip Studio Paint after some fiddling around. You won't get the great blending/coloring that PTS offers, but this is the closest I can get without using Photoshop. Unfortunately, you just missed Clip Studio's sale so I think it's back up to maybe 40-50 usd. And CSP does support pen pressure on mac! 

Hope that helps! 
im so sad cuz the colouring and blending is what I love most T.T, thanks so much anyway though, ill check it out!
I feel ya. Good luck!