Closed to new replies
May 16
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Good programs for lineart

:iconmistaken-hero:
Mistaken-Hero Featured By Owner May 16, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm looking for a new program that's easy to use and is great at making lineart. I use photoshop for mostly everything, but it has a bit of a problem making my lines a tad sloppy, no matter how low I put the spacing. Not a requirement but, if the program is free then it would help tremendously.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpyreite:
Pyreite Featured By Owner May 17, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
It's not really the program, anything will work.  It's how you make the lineart by drawing or using the tools in that program.  If you're going by hand and using a tablet, the lineart will be formed by the steadiness of your hand, the size of the canvas, whether you use the paintbrush/pencil/pen tools, and the stabiliser inbuilt into the art program.  If you don't have a steady hand your lineart will look like squiggly lines no matter if you use a stabiliser or not.  It takes practice, so I'd suggest trying a program and messing with it to see if you like using it or not.

I use GIMP mostly, as I tried SAI, Medibang, etc and hated their limitations - especially when working with layers.  Which I use alot in my lineart work.  GIMP is clunky, but it's the best equivalent I found to Photoshop, which I love but refuse to pay through the nose for.  So GIMP it is.
:iconmattchee:
mattchee Featured By Owner May 17, 2018  Professional General Artist
If you want to pay, the best is Clip Studio Paint IMO. If you are looking for free, I like MediBang the best out of the free options. Krita is also a good free program, but I think for what you are talking about (line art specifically) MediBang is good.
:iconmistaken-hero:
Mistaken-Hero Featured By Owner May 17, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hm, both sound really interesting. I'll try them out and see what works better for me. Thanks! :D
:iconrachburns:
RachBurns Featured By Owner Edited May 16, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Add a Comment: