Odd volume controls on my android?

So, my friend gave me an android bionic phone for my birthday, and I've an odd problem. I'm pretty sure there's a way to make my volume button control the volume for apps and whatnot instead of the friggin ringtone volume (which is pointless since I don't have service anyhow), but I can't figure out how :/ This is frustrating, as I'm almost positive that the volume buttons controlled app volume to begin with, and I just can't seen to get it back to that setting. How can I fix this? :?
Comments4
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
go to the app and use the volume buttons. on the home screen or anywhere that doesn't use media sound, the volume buttons will adjust the ringer. If that's what you're asking. and that is for me, i don't have the bionic. I have the droid 4
It's just, isn't it incredibly inconvenient to have to already be in the app to be able to control its volume? What about the voice clip widgets I have on my home tab? I can't control the volume to make them where they don't play too loudly or softly, and so I have to actually go into an app, and then go all the way back, just to play them, and even then the volume might not be right. I think there should be an option of which volume you want your buttons to control :/
well then the other becomes inconvenient to change. it's the hipster paradox. and there probably is a way to do so but screw owner manuals