Details

June 29
Link

Statistics

Replies: 12

Opinions on Hunion Tablets?

:iconaliura:
Aliura Featured By Owner Jun 29, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I've been using a wacom bamboo for years and it's the only tablet I have ever used. Sadly, it's been disconnecting very frequently so I fear that my tablet may not last for that long. I've been doing some research into what tablet I want to get next. I have been thinking of getting a Huion tablet since they're more affordable and I did find one that I really liked, however I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about them. I just wanted some more opinions on the tablet and if anyone has any specific experiences with the tablet brand that they liked or disliked.

Some stuff I have heard about the tablet already is that the surfaces scratch very easily and it has a lot of driver issues.

Devious Comments (Add yours)

Aliura Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Edit/update of 7/8 Hey guys! I've read through everyone's comments and I just wanted to say than you so much for sharing your opinions on Huion tablets! They were really helpful and I appreciated each one of them <3 
:iconkarindou-art:
karindou-art Featured By Owner Edited 5 days ago
I think Huion uses the same hardware as a some other generic tablet brands, I have a Monoprice drawing monitor that is the same as one of the GT models. If you find them too pricey because of the name alone look for lower priced listings of similar models on other sites and install the Huion drivers for it, it works all the same.
:iconge-grafx:
GE-GRAFX Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Student Digital Artist
I have the Huion Kamvas GT-191, which I bought brand new, maybe, a year and a half to a couple of years ago, I think (I would have to do some digging to get an exact date of purchase) and I've had pretty much no problems with it.

It's worth mentioning, that the tablet I bought was different to the tablets I'd seen in reviews and review videos. It was the same model, but they must have released an updated version, with different specs, which is what I ended up buying. I was a bit hesitant to invest in a Huion, because the reviewers had some complaints, but it appears that they have fixed those technical issues with the updated version. For instance, you no longer have to charge the pen, and the glitches I'd heard about, I haven't encountered any of them.

It isn't perfect, the colours aren't an exact mirror of the colours on your desktop, although, they're close enough with the right adjustments. It is a bit awkward when it comes to selecting specific shapes etc while working, you do have to zoom in pretty close, otherwise you just have to use a mouse/trackpad. Still, for me these are minor complaints and I have really nothing bad to say about my tablet. I've never used a Wacom or iPad, or anything other than my Huion for comparison, but I'm thrilled thus far with my Huion, I would totally recommend it.
:iconphlowir:
phlowir Featured By Owner Jun 30, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I've used both the GT-191 and then moved on to a Kamvas Pro 13. The GY-191 was much larger and I had an extremely good experience with it. I used it for a good... 2 years I want to say. I never had any driver or technical issues. The only annoying trait I found on the GT-191 was the calibration of the pen (I'd have to recalibrate it every time I turned my computer on or else it would be just sliiiightly off center) but it wasn't that high of an inconvenience, it turned into habit.

I sold my GT-191 to another artist because I wanted a newer and smaller tablet - I wanted something with less bulk for my laptop (I wanted portability). I still have my Kamvas and I love it a lot. It's slightly more annoying on the calibration issue but seriously after using it for a little bit you adapt super easy. The BEST part about the Kamvas is the fact that it has a 3-in-1 cable!! Way less hassle with the wires!

Plus, the pen doesnt need to be charged on the Kamvas, unlike the GT-191...

I use an iPad Pro lately simply for portability sake. Overall I'd reccomend trying out a Huion tablet, especially if you're interested in moving to a screen. They have a lot of affordable options! I can't compare it to a Wacom because the last Wacom I used was in 2017 (I still have it in case I have nothing else) but I'm sure if you put their quality level side by side Wacom would come out on top, but just barely. Huion is catching up fast and getting better with each model :)

Good luck with the new tablet!! I hope this was helpful~
Aliura Featured By Owner Jun 30, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The GT 191 seems to be pretty popular and I have heard some good things about it. Oh I may take a look at the Kanvas tablets, it sounds like a hassle to have to charge the pen.
I have thought of getting an iPad, but I haven't done much research on it really.
Anyway, thank you so much for your insight!
:iconrachburns:
RachBurns Featured By Owner Jun 29, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Links to the tablets just so you don't have to search all over to see what I'm talking about.

I'm using a Huion 610pro (the old style) and I have for a little while. It's bigger than both the other tablets I used to own and it was a lot easier to install its driver than the Monoprice I had before it. Before the Monoprice, I had a Wacom Pen only. Wacom Pen only didn't have any pen pressure as best I could tell but it was my very first tablet. (So I could have caused said issue) The Monoprice, I had to erase every single tablet driver before the correct one would behave. After that, the Monoprice behaved excellently. (I can't find the version that I used but this is the current version.)

Both the Huion and Monoprice work just fine, but I like the Huion because it's bigger. XD

I've used the 610pro for at least 3 or 4 years and the surface hasn't scratched at all. Maybe the ones that scratched have a habit of pressing the pen down harder? I admit to not having a real clue though!
oh thank you so much for linking the tablets and your insight on huion tablets! I actually never head of Monoprice before!
:iconrachburns:
RachBurns Featured By Owner Jun 30, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
In my experience, the Monoprice I bought was very useable once I learned I needed to remove other tablet drivers. My Huion is only "better" because it's bigger and wasn't that much more expensive than the Monoprice one.
I'd go ahead and recommend the Huion tablets though; just because they're better known by people? But, as I said before, Monoprice is a fine tablet. You just have to search a little harder to find fixes for any problems.
Both tablets have great customer service/technical service behind them in my experience, too.
:iconlumivern:
Lumivern Featured By Owner Jun 29, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I have a Huion as my second tablet ever and it works fairly good for me too but somehow in my years of owning it, parts of the surface layer of the tablet like,, burned off?? Still functional but the screen is real sensitive ;;
Aliura Featured By Owner Jun 29, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Oh yikes! It burned off?! may I ask what huion tablet you use?
:iconlumivern:
Lumivern Featured By Owner Jun 29, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I have no clue how it happened?
I'm not sure what type as I got it as a gift a long time ago, sorry :(
Ahh that's alright! Thank you for sharing your experience and insight :)
Add a Comment: