Internet troubles

Im living in shared housing these days, and recently the place has been taken over by a new charity. When that happened they put in a new wifi.

Suddenly certain pages dont work anymore. I get errors usually saying they cant find the site. Including DA, archiveofourown, openload etc. Its gotta be this wifi cuz they work on others ive tried. Its not personal either its for at least 3 buildings like the previous so i cant just go reset the modem if thats the case

When i use a VPN app on my phone the sites work, but these don't work on my laptop and dont seem free.

How can i fix the problem? Its a real nuisance
Comments7
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Opera web browser has a built in vpn, might be worth a lookie :)
Try a free proxy like www.hidemyass.com or similar
What kind of charity? Sounds like a net filter a business/school would use.

Get a VPN.
Housing charity for people with disabilities and mental health issues(in my case Aspergers Syndrome). And yeah seems to, I was living somehwree else for two months, moved this new place Friday, they ahve the same wi fi service. But they were changing hands with another organization, thus this sudden error. When the internet finally came back after a weeks wait ertain sites like this I could no longer acess

Are there any vpns you cna get for free? I dont see one why I should have to pay when it worked fine before without it, and another Im now paying eletric bills and other commodities(Im not sure how thats gonna work out yet). At the mo my budgets really stretched though I should be getting some benifits back soon at least. Still you know I dont wanna waste money
There are free VPNs but quality varies. Most will limit you to no torrenting or video streaming and they're slow.

You'll have to pay if you want it to work really well... but you can test out the free version to see if it's something that works for you and unblocks the sites you're trying to get to.
Could be a number of things.   

- Your WAC/WIC address could be blocked from accessing the wifi.  That's the wireless interface card address in your PC.
- The wifi could be overloaded with traffic.  Bandwidth being chewed up by loads of peeps trying to use it at once.  Thus the sites not working.
- Access to the wifi could also be disabled if you can't connect at all to anyone not on the charity's network.
- Could be interference from the normal wifi and their's.  Your PC could try to connect to the nearest available and not be able too.
- The wifi could have certain sites set up as not being accessible, or on a block list.  Which would also count for the lack of access.
- Could be your antivirus or firewall settings too.