Laptop recommendation + feedback

So I have a desktop computer but no desk... If I want use it I have to sit on the floor which is very inconvenient and uncomfortable.. I could fix this by buying a desk but the only place I can put it is in my room which is too small and doesn't have space for a desk ;;;;

So I'm looking for a cheap laptop but need recommendations. Even if it's a used or refurbished recommendation. Preferably no more than $300 if it's a single payment ;;;; but any price if the place offers payment plans...

Will mainly be used for art, youtube and web surfing. Something that can handle paint tool said and clip studio paint too.

Also wondering computer savvy people's thoughts on this laptop? Since I could make payment plans on it. It seems like it'd be a good laptop but I'm not %100 sure and don't want to drop $700 in the end for this when could have gotten something better for same price... ;;;; www.qvc.com/HP-Pavilion-15"-Touch-Laptop-AMD-8GB-RAM-1TB-HDD-with-Voucher.product.E232238.html?orderId=729903436&itemId=224410669&sc=CRT&TZ=EST
Comments6
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Well first thing first... desk idea: www.localcolorxc.com/diy-blog/… Another desk idea: www.walmart.com/ip/DHP-X-Twin-…

Not having a desk is probably not the best reason I've heard to justify the added expense of a laptop :lol:. Think about it.

If you absolutely want a laptop, this would be a good choice: www.amazon.com/Dell-XPS-9360-L…

I realise it might not be the best way to justify when I have a desktop computer and just need a desk but it really is just the situation I'm in. I rent a single room in the basement of my dad and stepmom's house. It really is too small for a desk. I literally keep my clothes in a suite case because I can't fit a dresser or shelves in here.
On top of that my stepmom isn't the nicest person so some things she gets really upset about and very easily. So even trying to put a desk anywhere else than my room is out of the question. So it's just something I can't do.
I could also continue to sit on the floor and use my desktop but it really hurts my back and legs so it's difficult to sit for even 30mins.

Thank you for your suggestions though!
Hmm, I see. There might be another possibility- one of these wireless keyboard touchpad things: heavy.com/tech/2017/02/top-bes… - then you'll need to mount your monitor in some way - maybe hang it on a wall www.racksolutions.com/monitor-… ?
Google your local retailers.  Compare prices and if you can go out to town and have a look around.  Window shop for one, especially if you have a budget of $300 in mind.  Then do the same online too.  You could get special deals as well.  Be aware that sales and seasonal holidays do influence if retailers drop or raise prices for PCs.  The cheapest time to get them is if there's a public holiday or celebration around at that time like Valentines, or Christmas.  PCs are more expensive outside of those kinds of holidays to buy.
HP and Dell are usually good brands to go with, smaller and lighter as far as weight/size if you want it portable. It would be worth it if you want something long-lasting and reliable.