Shop Forum More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
July 11
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Wacom Intuos Creative (Pen pressure not working)

:iconpuzzled-socks:
Puzzled-Socks Featured By Owner Jul 11, 2018  Student General Artist
Hey, I was wondering if anyone can help me sort this little problem out? The pen works fine but doesn't seem to have any pressure to the pen what so ever. I was thinking that I might have installed the wrong driver but I can't seem to find the correct one for the Creative. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks c: 

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkoushoku-jin:
Koushoku-jin Featured By Owner Jul 12, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
:reading:  Not sure if this could help you -- it's in regards to updates in Windows that may have issues with drawing tablets; searched around the Wacom Forums, and found this thread topic ( source: forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?t… )

You may have to initiate a manual registry tweak for this ( make sure to make a system restore and backup )

Alternatively, at the AskWoody tech blog, they also mention of the new update for Win10 that seems to be making issues with Wacom tablets ( source: www.askwoody.com/2018/reports-… )
Puzzled-Socks Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2018  Student General Artist
This morning I loaded Photo editor and the pressure works fine but when I try to draw with Gimp 2, there's no pressure. It's possible that Gimp 2 is the problem but I don't know my way round that as I only used Paint tool SAI a few years ago. Sadly, I don't have Paint tool SAI anymore. :c

Koushoku-jin Featured By Owner Jul 15, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
I checked with the GIMP forums; the current new update -- v2.10.4 should be able to answer the issues made from the previous v2.10.2 ( where scanners didn't seem to work, and some icons were missing/misplaced ) -- a portable version for Windows should be either available from the main site or on PortablleApps

BTW, don't go to the old Forum ( at gimpforums.com/ ), but instead at www.gimp-forum.net/ -- don't know why someone decided to spam that place years back, but the GIMP Team decided it's best to secure a better forum area for members :nod:
Puzzled-Socks Featured By Owner Jul 17, 2018  Student General Artist
The pressure still doesn't work even on the new GIMP :c
Koushoku-jin Featured By Owner Jul 22, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
:reading:   If you still have the earlier version of GIMP, I guess it would be safe to say to use that til the issue is being addressed; I couldn't find a proper answer either in the GIMP Forums -- the issue arose when v2.10 came.

I still have the old v2.8.22 on my work station ( which I've been using ); so sorry to say I have no tablet to verify any issues with the new v2.10 ( :forgiveme: Mouse user here... )

Any old installers of GIMP can be found at the repositories of GIMP's download section, or you can try FileHippo ( make sure to check the Hash, and scan it before installing )
Puzzled-Socks Featured By Owner Jul 25, 2018  Student General Artist
No GIMP works with it.. I downloaded the trail of Paint tool SAI and that works fine. I don't know whats happening with GIMP lol
Thanks for your advice :) :heart:

Btw, your really talented with the mouse ;)
Koushoku-jin Featured By Owner Jul 25, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
:manhug:
:iconlollbacked:
LOLLBACKED Featured By Owner Jul 12, 2018  Student Digital Artist
the driver you get off the site should work for all of their tablets (i think)
maybe reinstall the driver if you haven't already 
or the pen pressure part of the tablet might be faulty
Puzzled-Socks Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2018  Student General Artist
I found out today that it works on the Photo editor but not on Gimp 2. :confused 
Add a Comment: