Need help on this tablet

Hey all,
 I've always been interested in drawing and digital art/painting and recently looked into getting a tablet to finally kick start this hobby, and I have a question regarding a tablet I found.

I can't really afford a Intuos, but found this one ( www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G… ) it's cheaper, has lots of pressure levels and also has larger active area, but I can't tell if it'll pickup my hand if placed on the active area and mess up the painting? (Does that even happen with modern tablets to begin with?)
Also, has anyone used it before or use it now, or should I 100% go with a Intuos? I turn 18 in May and might beable to get money from that to grab a pro, and I'm also looking for a job so that might help.
Comments5
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hey Lutavian! 

I think what you're thinking about are touch tablets, which is different from the tablet you're looking at. I'm not familiar with this particular Huion model, but I'm assuming that it behaves like the Wacom Intuos series: it will only pick up signals from the pen - I don't think your hand or anything else will create input. You will need to plug this tablet into a computer and have a separate viewing monitor. Basically, it acts like a mouse - you're drawing in one place while looking at another place XD

What you're thinking about are touch tablets - screens that you view and draw on directly. But even those come with "touch" and "non-touch" functions ^^ For example, if you look up "Wacom Cintiq" or "Wacom Companion" you'll see that they are drawing surfaces but also have a viewable screen area. With these, you draw AND look at the same place :D

With this said, I've heard good things about Huion. I would read reviews before purchasing, of course. For me personally though, I prefer Wacom because I can reach an English-speaking customer service. My experience is a few years old but it was REALLY annoying for me to deal with customer service and tech support overseas. The other negative experience I've had is buggy Chinese software, but then again, Wacom software isn't all that better all the time so :P 

Good luck! 
Actually, sorry - I have to make a correction. Apparently there ARE touch-enabled Intuos tablets, which I didn't realize when I made my first post. BUT! You can always disable that feature, and often times the palm rejection is pretty good at making the distinction. However, tablets with touch features are generally more expensive, so unless you specifically WANT the touch feature there's no need to pay for it. 

I looked at the specs for the Huion tablet, looks like it doesn't have a touch feature so you should be fine! 
Thank you so much! I was referring to the 'Palm-rejection' I just didn't know the name of that feature, just wanted to make sure that it had that.
 Again, thank you for your response!
Yeah, so sorry for the misunderstanding. You should be fine :D