Let's share some recent stuff! ( Part 5 )

Hello! Back at it again with another thread for us to share our work and get inspired by each other :)!

- Post up to five recent works you have done.

- Feel free to post a little something along with your art. Whether it be your goals, inspirations or whatever. This isn't necessary, so do not feel pressured to do so.

- My intention is to post these threads weekly, so let's try and avoid repeat posts within the same thread. I will likely not respond if there are multiple posts from the same person (on the extra posts that is), so please don't be offended if that happens : P.

Drawing has been a hobby of mine for a long time and I used to be quite serious with it, but never beyond just getting better. Now, I am looking more towards growing in general--not just artistically. My hopes is to one day grow enough to maybe earn some money through commission work doing what I love. If it all doesn't pan out, then I can at least say I tried :P (Lick).
Comments132
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Alrighty, guys. This thread has run its weekly course--going to close it. Thank you to everyone for participating and I should start a new one some time tomorrow :D! Take it easy ;).
Ahhh thank you so much for doing thissss <33
DTIYS by banapye   NEZUKO FANART - artist support (desc) by banapye   [OPEN ADOPT] AUCTION ADOPT #4 by banapye   DTIYS - Ahkiren by banapye   NEZUKO FANART by banapye
Not a problem and thank you for sharing :D! Your art is super cute--especially your adoptables, but my favorite is your first picture and the shadows really make this one stand out. The softness of the colors paired with the shadows give this piece a real nice warmth to it. Great work :)!
Thanks for sharing :D! I am especially lovin' the "Smoke Break" piece! The shadows are strong, but the colors are blended softly, which give the scene a nice warmth. The hair is fantastic and especially on the left character. Great job :D!
Awww--super cute art :). The very soft shading technique adds to their FLUFFINESS and I love it. Thanks for sharing :D!
Your works are very nice!!

Here are some of mine....these are all arts I did since staying at home. I've been trying to go back for more traditional arts - also new to markers so there's a lot for me to learn.

The dinosaur one was done in colored pencils, Ariel the little mermaid was done by markers+ colored pencils, and the Edelgard chibi was done by markers only.
Finally the flowers in a vase is a still life painting based on a photo, I have lost touch with painting still life for a long time and it's nice to get back doing it, even though it took a long time to complete  (10+ hours)

Flowers in a Vase [Ref Painting] by TheKissingHand   FE3H Edelgard von Hresvelg Chibi by TheKissingHand   The Little Mermaid Ariel (anime) by TheKissingHand   Sailor Moon - DAiC HaruMichi parted ways by TheKissingHand   Corythosaurus Casuarius [Ref Drawing] by TheKissingHand  
Thanks, glad you like my art :D!

Loving all the different mediums you use for your art and it is great to see that painting is getting back in touch for you because the flowers is bonkers-awesome :)! Everything about it is great, but the lighting is especially fantastic. Great work and thanks for sharing :D!
Leather Skullcap for PRIDE! by LeatherHead72    2016 Ram's Horn Leather Mask 4 by LeatherHead72   Troll and I at Yosemite by LeatherHead72   Slothiee Thoughts 2 by LeatherHead72   KooloutKufi3 by LeatherHead72    Dr. Aphra Cosplay w/ my Leather Hat! by LeatherHead72   Leather Cat-Ear Aviator Hat in Blue/ Black/ Gray by LeatherHead72   Studded leather Executioner Half Hood/ Mask by LeatherHead72   Custom Leather Celtic Triskellion Kufi Hat! by LeatherHead72   White/ Gray Leather Aviator Hat by LeatherHead72          
Thanks for sharing :D!
Always great to see your art! Dermot is awesomely dynamic in the first picture and the outfit in-general is awesome. Thanks for sharing :D!
Well, the Asian vibe is totally working for me--your art is awesome :D! I especially love the Yan Da Fu portrait study. You really captured that feminine beauty he has and did a great job on his likeness. Great job and thanks for sharing :D!
Honestly, I think you're already at a point where you could slowly start cultivating a following and earning some money with commissions. :D

The Sorcerers New Clothes by Cliotna 1st Thesis Image: Ordovician laboratoy by Cliotna 2nd Thesis Image: Silurian corals by Cliotna 3rd Thesis Image: Devonian seabottom by Cliotna 4th Thesis Image: Devonian Coast by Cliotna
As for me...the first one is a quick redesign of my DnD character, in celebration of him soon hitting lvl 5.
The rest are part of my thesis for graduating art college. I wrote my thesis on palaeoart and made the "practical" portion of it a series of palaeontological illustrations set in Estonia...with the presence of timetraveling research groups adding a new layer.
Thanks--hopefully things grow enough to that point :)!

Your art is awesome and I especially like your 1st and 3rd thesis images. In general, your art has a lot of great depth and I think these two really showcase it best. Lots of great color usage with that unsaturated blue that affects objects within bodies of water--then the colors outside of the water have a nice and vivid color palette. Both of these paired together really help divide the two "worlds" apart and it looks great :)! Also, the concept of researchers traveling through time is awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing :D!
Thanks for sharing :D! I especially like the "Opposite Inks" one--lots of great detail and some potential interesting symbolism to be extracted. Could be like the lower inks represent the Earth and all of the corruption we humans bring. The flames, the skulls, the ghosts, the spade for gambling and the upside-down cross all kinda' drive the point. The top part is very natural and could represent going back to our roots in order to find some sort of enlightenment. The area being more in "space" could make it feel like an unreachable goal to most of us living on Earth--the roots of the tree being firmly planted into the Earth offering some shred of hope. I tend to read far too into things though, but I find it enjoyable XD. Great job :)!