shows us something you planted yourself^^

being in the garden, or in a pot,
just show us what you've got!

P.S. If I could only edit that typo :faint::D "show us something you planted yourself" :flirty:
Comments47
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'm sort of responsible for all the plants in our garden, aside from the row of hedges that is sort of the edge of our front yard. 

Mid-April, the front yard was a feast for the years due to all the different tulips (and some earlier daffodills) that bloomed at the same time :dance: I'm currently waiting for the Irises to bloom, and then the poppies :heart: We got a huge bunch of different ones of those and M just adores poppies so we're hoping to see a lot of different ones bloom :la:

Here are some photos of my tulips, frittilaria and other flowers that I took with my phone, alas when it was perhaps a bit too sunny:
Img 20190417 192955342 by Mouselemur   Img 20190417 192944051 by Mouselemur   Img 20190417 192921018 by Mouselemur   Img 20190417 192904169 by Mouselemur  
Wow the legendary dutch tulips... :heart: I have so beautiful memories with flowers in Holland :iconflyingheartsplz: The black ones are so interesting! I think I have hundreds of photos with flowers from your country :D It felt so familiar to see these photos!
What is the yellow flower on the right?
And I hope we also get some poppies in our garden :giggle:

Yes! We recently went to a place that's in the west that has a great zoo, and AMAZING fields of tulips. Just out in the wild, so to speak, by the side of road. M went out and took some lovely shots that I hope we get to share soon :la:

I planted a lot of different kinds of tulips and had no idea which bulbs would make it... So I was very happy to see some news ones since last year, including the black ones!

The yellow one, in the last photo, is a Frittilaria or Kaiser's Crown. I was supposed to have them in 3 colors (yellow, orange and red) but the red never came up. They get very heavy and actually tumbled over ^^; They have a very distinct smell though - as a bulb and as a flower. Kind of like a mix of unions and marijuana :O 
Looking forward to seeing them :la:

onions and marijuana? :rofl:
hmmmm, let me think what one could do with this...
I kept the bulbs in the shed until it was time to plant them. The smell was... pretty overwhelming to say the least :rofl: Really happy to have them in the ground, that's for sure!
Hot Pink Flowers by SavageFrog I got flowers! :dummy:
Oooh~ sounds cool!

Well, I donated to have 3 trees planted via the Nature Conservancy www.nature.org/en-us/ & I'm gonna be planting a few more locally by the end of the month :la:
This is wonderful!!!! :iconflyingheartsplz: Thank you sooo much!! :glomp: Would you like to be included in the journal?
You're welcome & sure! :hug:
View all replies
These are several years old but I planted these!

Echinacea Full Bloom by Blueoriontiger Okra - 2009 by Blueoriontiger Jalapeno Pepper by Blueoriontiger
My Flower Photos
The pix are not hosted on dA, so I've had to put them into a Journal. Enjoy.
Pink n Red 1 by Eric-S-Huffman
Out in from of my place.
Not sure what I would be joining or if maybe I already am a member as it were. I have quite a few plants I care for along with my garden too for veggies and herbs.
if you feel like sharing, maybe more people would love to plant something :flirty: just add #plantsomethingforyouandme or #plantatreeforyouandme