Link

Statistics

Replies: 81

Rate my Artwork. I will rate yours.

:icongbsartworks:
GBSartworks Featured By Owner Oct 10, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
1-10.. 10 being the highest.

XFIA- Original Character (Update) by GBSartworks

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icongewitter8:
Gewitter8 Featured By Owner Oct 21, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
7. There is a perspective problem with her head and right arm. The coloring is fine. The shadows lack variation and thus looks somewhat unnatural. Also some of the shadow colors should be more in the red area in my opinion.
The brightest Star of Hell by Gewitter8   Bad Coincidence by Gewitter8   Landscape practice 1 by Gewitter8   Alisa von Gratz by Gewitter8  
:icondark-fenrir:
Dark-Fenrir Featured By Owner Oct 18, 2018  Professional
Solid 8
Drax Umbra Character Illustration by Dark-Fenrir Goblin Fire Wizard by Dark-Fenrir Star Sorcerer Commission by Dark-Fenrir
:iconwholetthemonstersout:
wholetthemonstersout Featured By Owner Oct 18, 2018  Student Traditional Artist
I would give this an 8/10. It is very well made; the shading and the colors are all very nice and smooth, and the posing and anatomy are both very well done. It's a very nice and detailed drawing, and I liked it very much. :D

Here is mine:
Jumping Frog, Albuquerque by wholetthemonstersout
GBSartworks Featured By Owner Edited Oct 18, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
this is not bad as well. its mediocre... for me this is a 4.5 
:iconwholetthemonstersout:
wholetthemonstersout Featured By Owner Oct 18, 2018  Student Traditional Artist
Too? 
:iconmizuhu:
Mizuhu Featured By Owner Oct 16, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
I just can't give a 10 but it's as close as possible to a ten. so it's a solid 9/10.
amazing work. I can definitely see your hard-work on it. Maybe there is something off with the foreshortening but it's a dynamic pose and a difficult one.
The colors are nice and the amount of details is surprising.
there is mine: (don't be to harsh)
Marryanne Armor concept by Mizuhu    
GBSartworks Featured By Owner Oct 18, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
this one is not bad.its mediocre. for me this is a 5
:iconmizuhu:
Mizuhu Featured By Owner Oct 21, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
So if you would suggest anything for me to focus and try to improve, what would that be?
:iconalydreamer:
AlyDreamer Featured By Owner Oct 13, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
9/10 I think you did an incredible job on the shading. The colors look really nice and the drawing tells a really cool story. The only reason I rate it 9/10 instead of 10/10 is because it doesn't look as good in the thumbnail for some reason

Here is one of my drawings:
Shh by AlyDreamer
GBSartworks Featured By Owner Oct 16, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
thank you... but if you want an honest rating...this is a 3 for me..im sorry..everything just looks so flat
:iconalydreamer:
AlyDreamer Featured By Owner Oct 16, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
you're welcome and I appreciate your honesty Peridot thank you sprite No need to apologize for your opinion! Now I know I need to work ob depth on my drawings Karen Kujou Emote (Kiniro Mosaic) - Determined 
:iconzamdraws:
zamdraws Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2018  New Deviant Student General Artist
Shading and color make it very impressive. The character and the background blend together a bit. 9.5 :clap:
Roses by zamdraws  
Here's mine 
:iconmidnightgravedigger:
midnightgravedigger Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Well I'd probably rate this as a 7.5. 
The overall composition is not bad and there's a good use of color to; but the position of the left arm looks a little confused and hard to make out clearly. So I think that tends to throw the drawing off a bit; but honestly that's just my humble opinion. I like some of the other stuff in your gallery a lot more. 
:iconpatrirr:
patrirr Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2018  New Deviant
I rate yours: 5
The head looks very big and weird and the anatomy of the spine is also a bit off. The coloring is not that bad. I like the metal parts. Good job.
Garry by patrirr Its caarton style. I'm not that good because I'm beginner. Maybe I'm 3-4 in my opinion.
GBSartworks Featured By Owner Edited Oct 12, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
thanks but actually..your work looks more like some 5 year or 8 year old can do. for me this is a 2
patrirr Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2018  New Deviant
But I thought for 10 year old its maybe a 3. But I'm OK with that.
:iconbyuha:
Byuha Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2018
My rate for yours: 8
I'm not very good at rate and critique, it's look fine. Beautiful work, i see the dedication when you draw it.
And some people critique about your's background, well i agree with them. It's a bit difficult to distinguish between background and the character.

This is mine:
Z98 Zeeyafa by Byuha  
ahhh alas,...some kind of art im looking for. for me this is a solid 7.5 or probably almost 8. i love the pose, the chibis and the dragon BG. the coloring is nice as well specially the transition of color gradients.. the only problem i had was a bit on the face. its not bad but its mediocre. but overall i like this one.
watching you now.. hoping to see more improvement from you
Byuha Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2018
Marry Kozakura (Embarrassed blush) [V9] Thank you very much, i am satisfied with your rate.
Looking forward for it
GBSartworks Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
if i would redraw the face and hair it would somehow look like these. add a bit more of hair strand and more flow on the hair. and somehow edit the face a bit and add more eyelashes.. but still you did a good job.

Try 2 by GBSartworks
Byuha Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2018
Marry Kozakura (Embarrassed blush) [V9] i dowloaded it, thanks.
:iconangelkite:
AngelKite Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I prefer your version of the face more, it’s a subjective thing! Has a softer and more RPG feel imo
really nice piece ^^
Byuha Featured By Owner Oct 13, 2018
Kaori Fujimiya (Total Blush) [V1]  aaa-aa--aaanu, sshankyu very much,
I don't know what have to say, when I read the kind comments from Senpai like these.
I know you said subjective thing, cause related with style. GBSartworks has good technique for redraw it with his style too.
well I said thank you again.
:iconangelkite:
AngelKite Featured By Owner Oct 13, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
no problem ^^ 
GBSartworks Featured By Owner Oct 13, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
yup you have a point as well, her version looks more younger and more innocent looking, mine looks more a bit of an adult 
:iconthecynicalviet:
TheCynicalViet Featured By Owner Edited Oct 11, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
EDIT: Don't fucking tell me that the head is supposed to be bigger because I already know. Her head is closer to the camera and her lower body is farther. Closer=bigger, farther= smaller. That's obvious. I still stand by my suggestion. 

EDIT 2: No, I do not and I will never do commissions. I am not interested in commercial art. 

8/10. Coloring is quite nice. Great choice in color palette. The anatomy and pose isn't actually too bad, but I would suggest trying to resize the head a bit smaller. It's just a WEE bit to big for the body. Literally, scale it down a few millimeters and you may see a big difference. Other than that, there really isn't much to say about her. But advice for the artist, do not ever think that you putting hard work into this piece protects you from harsh criticism. How much effort you put is unnecessary information in the end. Still, solid piece. Good job. 

Personally I like this picture of yours MUCH better but that's just a side note: Lycan wolf by GBSartworks

Anyways, please critique my artwork in return:  Aeon, The Awaking Jailer by TheCynicalViet  (Note, DO NOT TELL ME ABOUT THE POSITIVES OF THIS DRAWING, I JUST WANT TO SEE CRITICISM. Nothing else.)
what in the fuckk...where are you even getting at. you just popped out of nowhere.

anyway regarding your drawing, the concept is good its like an abstract creature, some kind of monsters you see on berserk guts anime,

but the shading is horrible.theres no depth. everything looks flat. its like there is no light source. shading all over the place.. but the concept is good. this is a 5 for me.
:iconthecynicalviet:
TheCynicalViet Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I noticed you were defensive about the criticisms below my post. So I had to that out of the way. Your anatomy and pose is fine, maybe try making the head a little bit smaller. That's it.

Anyways, thank you, I finally got some good criticism. Right now, I'm doing drills by shading basic 3-d shapes in different angles with different positioned lightsources. Maybe I'll apply the drills into more complex organic shapes to help.

But I do want to note something: Fuck the concept. If the drawing didn't come out right, then the concept doesn't matter. If you're an architect and you make a novel blueprint of a house, unless you have a model to prove your plans, who gives a shit about the concept?

So, can you rate my drawing again but without the pity points? 
:iconmonseo:
Monseo Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2018   General Artist

Zeeka the Boneless by Monseo   Marty the Goldfish by Monseo
:iconvex27:
Vex27 Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
10 out of 10

Now here's my artwork :p
Look who I drew uwu in anime style by Vex27   Punk Princess of Pride by Vex27   Wendy (Request for My Sis Nonirosuu) by Vex27   Sketch Commission For DeVere u//w//u by Vex27  
:iconranger-of-the-wastes:
Ranger-Of-The-Wastes Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'd give you a 9 or 10. I don't have much to say about it, but I have to say that you're a very skilled artist and your artwork looks amazing.

Here's mine:
5e92debf9cb06ba by Ranger-Of-The-Wastes   2eba4ae0-d5bc-4153-a1c2-63c042156a48 by Ranger-Of-The-Wastes  
:iconnra1447:
NRA1447 Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2018  Student Digital Artist
I would say somewhere around 7-8, you got the pose and the anatomy right, I love the perspective and the dynamic angles. for me personally, it lacks a focal point, the center of attention because I don't where I should look at the most (her face ? her upper body ?) also there's a lack of local colors, and there should be a lot of reflective light and those light should interact with the surrounding area (for example the red light should reflect to her arm, so there be a warm red on her arm) having local colors will make your artwork more perspective and realistic. also, there's an inconsistency in the rendering and shading, the main character, you've done a great job but the background (the metal chair thing, the wires) lacks the same level of shading and rendering. Those are the main points that I hope it will be useful for your future artworks :)
Anyway, here's mine =D
Bright by NRA1447
i think people are confused on the anatomy and the angle shot because most are so used on seeing simple and basic pose. like standing front, slightly titled left and right. and side view.
:iconcolorfullymonotone:
ColorfullyMonotone Featured By Owner Oct 10, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
No, even at that angle, the anatomy is still off. You shouldn't see that much skin between her boobs at that angle. Her neck is too long at the bird-eye view of her body, it's what's making her head look too big. Also, the foreshortening of the arm farther away is off. 
GBSartworks Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
this is the isolated pose. pls enlighten me more  26 by GBSartworks
GBSartworks Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
i really disagree,"you shouldnt see that much skin on the chest? the view is slightly looking down, face and chest will most likely be the most view you will be seeing on that angle and having a smaller view down through. I honestly think you are wrong if basing on the anatomical correctives of the pose, saying that the anatomy is off. The only way you may convince me that the pose is wrong is for you to upload a sketch and make the pose correct so that i can review if the "still off" comment you are saying can convince me. if not then you cannot convince me. you may want to check your human proportion  and angled view proportions instead. 
ColorfullyMonotone Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Here
What I fixed in the redline was the neck, spine, arm, and boobs.
Redl by ColorfullyMonotone
using references from both of these:
Bird's Eye Attack - Pose Reference for Drawing by SenshiStock Sailor Angel Perspective 1 by SenshiStock

I should've worded some of my parts better but I was half asleep that time
By skin on the chest, I mean the middle strip of skin in between the boobs, it shouldn't be shallower towards the middle than it is towards the top because you're looking top down, so it should be shaded over, or at the very least the top of the boobs should lighter. The only way that you could see that part of the skin clearly is if she was doing like a limbo pose lol. I mean, then again she could've been, looking at the spine. I coulda also fixed the composition a bit but too lazy we're talking about anatomy here :P
GBSartworks Featured By Owner Edited Oct 11, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
seriously...its the same. you just made the chest smaller. and the waist wider and not curvy, . literally speaking, you just made it look like a real figure of a person, not a stylized way of doing human figure just like when doing anime art. the figure you drew was definitely flat and boring. its like looking on a car out of the box vs a car fully customized. And by the way, not every person in the world has the same anatomy as  the one you drew. some has bigger chest, curvier waist, farther distance of each boob to each other and such. so for you to say the anatomy was wrong and by the drawing you showed was just made it just a bit simplified does not justify that the anatomy i drew was wrong. the way you draw typically shows on all your gallery. thats how you would draw a boring figure

its basically just like this lol. 

Artttt by GBSartworks

also some reference for you to review between the difference 
Figma 1 by GBSartworks  Figma 2 by GBSartworks 

see the difference, the left was based on a real human anatomy but on the right was purely anime based. hope this both shed some light between you two.
ColorfullyMonotone Featured By Owner Edited Oct 11, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
I mean, even on the anime figurine, you can see the ribs end lower than your character's on the drawing, hence, why I say the spine is broken. I don't know if you use that figurine for reference, but I'm guessing that the chest part is the bendable part for the torso, which is weird even though you can tell from the moulding where the ribs are. Found this one which is better, it actually bends at the ribs, has anime proportions.

Mj13 by ColorfullyMonotone
ColorfullyMonotone Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Hmm you do have a point here...so that's why I've made some adjustments! ;D Bigger hips, farther apart boobs, I even adjusted her head angle! This time I made sure to line them up ;) I even adjusted it in the painting. Now you can see her spine is broken, her boobs are balls (and at the wrong angle), and her arm is still weirdly foreshortened! I also adjusted the painting a bit too, to try to keep with the boob distance. Also, stop ignoring my input on the arm! You can't excuse that with anime style! 
Redl by ColorfullyMonotone

But then again, maybe you prefer things your way, you know, 'cause it's "your style". Honestly, that's perfectly fine, but also, don't assume that just because people thought that the anatomy of your piece needed work, it's because they're "only used to simple angles". Seriously, even if a person can't draw, chances are they will notice when anatomy is off. We see humans at different angles everyday, a simple top down perspective isn't going to make us question our knowledge of what a human looks like, and I wasn't the only one who had issue with your anatomy. You can ignore my crits if you want, halfway through the redlines just became good fun for me. But maybe next time think of better reasons for crits you don't agree with, instead of "people just can't see the greatness of the top view angle!" ;)
dont misunderstood my comment. i listen to critics thats why as you can see here
Comparison by GBSartworks
i made a lot of editing because most of the suggestion on the first one was there is really a problem on the anatomy and angle as well as the shading

i see some point on your suggestion. maybe ill look into this artwork sometime after some of my pending artworks and if i had a free time from my real work. thanks anyway. kudos. i hope i didnt offend you on how the way I execute my opinion, its just how the way I rebut.
ColorfullyMonotone Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
There is improved parts of the edit, nice. Also my comments might be coming off like I think the anatomy is worse than it is. The anatomy in that piece is still decent, it's just that I thought there were some parts that needed to be improved, and I thought your reasoning on the first comment about why you disagreed with comments of the anatomy was kind of unreasonable, so I thought that I would elaborate why I thought that way, since in my original comment I didn't explain why I thought you should work on anatomy. And I tend to get blunt a lot of times when I write longer critiques. Anyways, good day to you, it was legitimately fun making those redlines.
:iconkagura-yuukii:
kagura-yuukii Featured By Owner Oct 10, 2018  Student Digital Artist
I would say around 6 for this one. It's not bad but there's quite a bit of work needed. The perspective is a little off around the head but the rest of the body is great. Overall anatomy could use some studying, but you have skill drawing each part individually. Your shading technique is fine, but lack attention to proper value in most places. Composition is fine just background is unclear. Where does the background end? Where does the character start? What is the background? There's nothing separating the character from the background so everything is just blurred together. The whole picture from a little distance from a thumbnail just looks like a blurb of pink, black and white. The light source if unclear as well. It appears to mostly be from the top left corner but there are many mistakes with that being the light source since in some areas that isnt the case. I can tell you put a ton of effort in this based on the amount of tiny details, but lets be honest 99% of people admire art from a far (the whole drawing together), not analyzing every little thing. So would work on making the piece as a whole more appealing (which is why the rating low, the piece isnt very appealing). I hope i didnt sound rude or anything but i wanted to let you know why i gave it a 6 and i wasnt just hating on your art or anything.
Krul Tepes by Faelan1     
patrirr Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2018  New Deviant
This looks very nice a 7 for me. These effects are awesome also her pose.
GBSartworks Featured By Owner Edited Oct 10, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
yours is 5. to be honest. the thumbnail looks good but once closed up you can see most of the flaws. the angle of the drawing is too simple and basic. the lighting is definitely not good. if the moon is on the back, there shouldnt be light coming from the left cheek unless theres a different light source coming from the left side or front left.
theres also a confusing tone based on the depth of shadow like on the skirt on which the shadow should be really dark on the skin tone since again light source coming from back and some other part which should be light and dark gradient but the stroke and shadow is very sharp which doesnt look good specially on the legs with the sharp shadows and light reflection, it makes the legs looks not like a skin finish, most likely a metallic finish surface or a very polished ceramic . most of the shadowing have a sharp edge which shoould be blurred or gradient on most of the part. On the face, i really think theres something off on the face itself. the nose is definitely too high, its almost on the level of the bottom eyelid which really doesnt look good making the distance from the nose to the lip too high. its not too obvious from the thumbnail but when you close up doesnt look good.

these are just my opinion though.thank you.

regarding to answer some of your comments, the lighting is coming from above from which she opens the latch thus making her front part light, since the cockpit is gloss and shine finished, the light will refract to it bouncing to its back giving a soft tone of light on her back but still most of the part will be dark since there is a heavy light coming in front.as you can also see, theres a light source coming from the wires and her shoulder and legs thus adding some gradient lighting on her back side.

regarding the anatomy on the head. i beg to disagree that its off, since the shot is coming slightly from above going down, the head should be slightly big. the head is also slightly tilted below to here right side thus making the face anatomy as such.

no you are not rude, its being honest and i agree on some parts you said and i appreciate this kind of comments.
:iconkagura-yuukii:
kagura-yuukii Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2018  Student Digital Artist
Okay, I totally agree with you on every point except the lighting being horrible and having the perspective being too simple and basic. I like to add a thin white outline at the edges of the skin so it really had nothing to do with lighting, but there is something called reflective light. If you put your hand on the table and only have one light source you'll notice there's light at the bottom of your head even though the light doesn't hit there. I definitely have mistakes since im still learning, but i dont think my lighting is that horrible. Sometimes more simple poses perspective work the best. Adding a heavier top/bottom perspective would give off a totally different feel so thats why i didnt do it. I sketched out a bunch of poses and angles and liked this one the best so i went with it. I mean if you can make angle better please show me since i think i'll be able to learn from that. But thank you for the other critic! It's been a while since someone my art tips other than very small anatomy fixes (hands being small or smt)  

About the anatomy thing, I didn't think the anatomy of the head was wrong. I think it was spot on. I meant the areas around the head especially (upper body). I also think you mis understood about the lighting thing lol. What you mentioned above wasnt what i had in mind. Just that some areas had too much light from where i was assuming that was coming from and some where too hard. I corrected your anatomy a little (red is your drawing black is mine) and circled a few spots that have a few lighting problems. (the pose is probably slightly off since i did it very quickly)

New Canvas by Faelan1       New Canvas1 by Faelan1  

my response will be the same as to ColorfullyMonotone 

"seriously...its the same. you just made the chest smaller. and the waist wider and not curvy, . literally speaking, you just made it look like a real figure of a person, not a stylized way of doing human figure just like when doing anime art. the figure you drew was definitely flat and boring. its like looking on a car out of the box vs a car fully customized. And by the way, not every person in the world has the same anatomy as  the one you drew. some has bigger chest, curvier waist, farther distance of each boob to each other and such. so for you to say the anatomy was wrong and by the drawing you showed was just made it just a bit simplified does not justify that the anatomy i drew was wrong
its basically just like this lol."

Artttt by GBSartworks

the way you drew the head was absolutely wrong based on my intention of the position. the head was slightly titled upward left as i mentioned before.

and the hair you were saying was too bright..the light was casting on the fron position coming from upward, do you expect a part of that hair to be dark or mid dark if it was directly hit by a light?ofcourse no.

the comment you were  saying was too dark was because a portion of the latch was covering it therefore it will be dark. on the left ar,m. the part  you were saying again was too dark because a there is a light as i was saing was bright casting on the front part of the character creating an ambient occlusion(search for this). therefore also creating a shadow at the back of the arm. on the chest same answer. outside light coming in, inside the latch.
the part on her belly button has light, because again there is a light coming inside, the portion in between her belly button and chest was dark because ofcourse... there is a portion of that area was covered by the boobs. therefore creating a dark cast shadow. the light doest specifically cast inside the latch where it focuses on one point like a laser. it casts all over the place thats why you can see some portions brighter and dark.

try to imagine to tilt the camera based on your view more upward down, and you will realize that the waist will be shorter on the right pat because will create an scalene angle which will result on the chest to pop out more.

the way you are drawing the position of the figure is the camera is taking a view on mid part. not on the top part thats why the legs and bottom figure has the same scale on the top part which is not entirely what i wanted to happen
the difference between ColorfullyMonotone  response and you Faelan1 was that he drew the figure correct based on the angle of the shot but the figure was drawn flat and boring like a real human figure and you was you somehow made it an anime figure but drew on a wrong angle. try to draw from an overlayed human figure and an anime, you will be mind blown how stylized and exaggerated the anime figure is and how boring the real human figure is.

also some reference for you to review between the difference 
Figma 1 by GBSartworks Figma 2 by GBSartworks

this if for you too ColorfullyMonotone 

see the difference, the left was based on a real human anatomy but on the right was purely anime based. hope this both shed some light between you two.
:icondreamynaria:
DreamyNaria Featured By Owner Oct 10, 2018  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
9 for perspective and the way of coloring, they are very good and difficult! 
the anatomy is good but you can improve so 8
8,5 overall

Briar Rose by DreamyNaria Mermay 2018 by DreamyNaria Francesco by DreamyNaria Venetian mask by DreamyNaria
yours is 4, im sorry i just want to be honest. this is if you will market the art on gaming industry, anime and such. But if the audience target are young kids who are into old fairy tale arts, fables, story books and such, it would be 5
Add a Comment: