★Artist feature of February 2018★

:bulletred:READ BEFORE POSTING:bulletred:

In 2018 I want to make good on my promise of being more active here on DeviantArt, so I want to plan a monthly artist feature where you can get the chance to be featured in my Deviantart journals, in a YouTube video and in a Tumblr post!

I’ll feature 3 DeviantArt users from this thread, with constructive critique of their page and art and upload this to my Deviantart journals and YouTube :D

I’ll also give a shout out to other Deviantart users that didn't quite make it to my personal top three :)

:bulletred:RULES:bulletred:

:bulletblue:Only post your own art!

:bulletblue:When posting here you’ll give me permission to use your art and your (user)name in the beforementioned medias, with links to your user.

:bulletblue:Your entry has to contain at least one image that resembles the theme of the month.

:bulletblue:Write something about yourself and your art! I want something to feature, not just spam!

:bulletblue:It’s not a competition with cool prizes. It’s a chance to be featured.

:bulletred:ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:bulletred:

:bulletblue:The artist features will be ready at the beginning of the next month.

:bulletblue:I do this both to promote other artists but also artist positivity. I’ll gain nothing from this other than hopefully the kindness of others.

:bulletblue:If you have any questions be sure to write a note to me!

:bulletred:THEME:bulletred:

The theme of February will be "Winter Florals".

So if you have at least one image fitting the theme, please feel free to post here!

:bulletred:I’ll close the thread the 20th., and then I’ll start working on the features so please be patient! :bulletred:

Comments35
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hi there! sorry, I don't have anything related to the theme.
I do have these though
UFO Run by CalebPerkins   Cowboy by CalebPerkins   The Ninja by CalebPerkins   Dinner's Nearly Ready by CalebPerkins   Boy: Quick-Paint by CalebPerkins  
After 2 months I adapted my style and was inspired by a few deviants (you can see them in my friends list on my profile page)
Boy and a Bird by CalebPerkins  This is the only thing I have close to the theme actually 
:) -- I lied, I realized I do have a "Winter Floral" kinda theme pic 

I am also still learning as an artist -- I am only 14. And I would really appreciate some honest feedback on my work.

Thanks and have a great day
-CP
"Winter Florals...."

Aw man...I don't have anything related to that theme you picked....CURSE YOU! CURSE YOU! CURSE YOU! 
oh well may I try despite it may be unrelated for now then? :juggle:
League of Legends - Harmonic Calmness by sphelon8565
Here's a Fan Art I've made for League of Legends....
To be honest, the character, her Staff is made of unknown components that resembles an ice some sort but she's more of a windy seasonal themed girl.

and here I have related to the one above it's a crossover fanart.
Battle Rehime| To the Skies of Horizon by sphelon8565

and something I don't know if it could fit on your theme's month but sorry! I'd really hope I have more in my sleeves ^^;
Seoul Longboarding Girl | Ko HyoJoo Tribute by sphelon8565   Battle Rehime | Siegfried Schtauffen by sphelon8565   Original Character: AS 0004 by sphelon8565   League of Legends|Tranquil Affections|Janna X Lux by sphelon8565
---------------------------------------------------------------
As for myself, well I'm a multi-directional artists whose fields work from the likes of Animation, filming, digital art, illustrations and right now I'm doing a comics that I hope I could finished this early year.

other than that I'll post my website for you if you like to look something that I haven't wrote here:
sphelon8565.wixsite.com/home/a…

Well if you want to critique my art, well I don't mind especially the one's at my best. or you can do give a feedback if ever.
it's the 20th... hope to be not too much late...

btw... im working at two webcomic.
one webcomic it's "GRUNK" and it is already over the 50 pages (just because i started it in the 2015). last page it was this one:
GRUNK (vol 4 - page 03) by mg78

the other webcomic im working at it's "TEAM 541" started online yestarday with the first 2 pages:
Team 541 - page 01 by mg78 + Team 541 - page 02 by mg78

while webcomic "Grunk" started "for fun" and evolved in its own webcomic (the "page zero" was just a page for itself... like a no-sense story) webcomic "Team 541" started like 3 years ago with its own story, the concepts about chara, places, mecha and so on...
and, uhm... well, that's it i suppouse...
Your comic looks very cool and interesting! :D
I'm currently working on a comic myself, so it's always great fun to meet fellow webcomic artists :)
Out of curiosity: how do you add your halftones to your pages? It looks really clean and I have always had trouble with halftones.

Btw, I was wondering how your entry is related to the theme of the month: winter florals, just for clarification :D
the halftone re done in PS (filter -> pixelate -> color halftone)
there re some guides on DA too (www.deviantart.com/tag/halfton…) pretty usefull ^^
a note aside, tones look like are not too much liked in the webcomic world... so i was thinking to do some color version and see how they get receive... <_<"

I sadly don't have something extremly fitting for Winter Florals, but there is one berry and leaves... Hope I'll have more fitting things the next time.

Whisper by Shiyatsu Dear God [Greyscale] by Shiyatsu Neiphe (Cold Colors) [Ferescia] by Shiyatsu Aeleth [Ferescia] by Shiyatsu Magical Girl [Magical 30 Min Challenge] by Shiyatsu

I'm a digital artist since 2015 but before that I was drawing traditional for my entire life.
The last 4 years of traditional I used color pencils and now I bought Gouache and I'm currently experimenting with it. But as I said, I am a digital artist, so I don't draw traditional as often.

My art is usually pretty dark, but sometimes it can be a bit more bright.

I would love to receive some criticism, since I love growing and learning more, as well as improving with my art.
Thank you for giving this opportunity to people to get featured, as well as receiving critique.

Hello there, and thank you very much for your post in this thread! :D
It's quite fun to hear other artists' experiments with different media! 

I can't promise a feature just yet, as the thread is open until the 20th, but I'm really glad you shared your art here :)
Yes I think so too!

That's no problem, I understand :)
Hello!! This is my latest piece -- I haven't drawn in nearly half a year and it feels so good to get back into it ^_^ 
Hope you like it ♥

LOVE YOURSELF: Shot in the heart by rainbownote
The White Witch of Narnia (Coloured Version) by artiste-reveur  
I think this is the only thing I have that fits this month's theme. 

About me: I have been drawing my entire life and especially enjoy using watercolours. My art is greatly influenced by the art nouveau movement and comic book styled illustration.

About the art: This piece was created for an Art Nouveau group on deviantART during their winter contest. This is inspired by C.S. Lewis' "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe". The witch is pictured in the center panel, her henchman and reindeer on the right, and one of her victims, Mr. Tumnus, turned to stone on the left. 
Oh wow, that's really nice to see some art nouveau inspired art! 
I really love Mucha's artwork, and I think this piece you have here really captures what I love about him, and the artstyle in general, whilst being really whimsical and fun with the watercolors! (I don't know if Mucha is an inspiration to you, but a lot of the elements you use are also in his works :)

Thank you very much for your conttribution to the thread :) 
Thank you! I do get a lot of inspiration from Mucha's works, so I'm not surprised that you found similar elements. Thank you so much for the kind words!
You're very welcome! :D
Sad Swan II by NicoleDaney  
This probably is my only piece that somewhat fits the theme.

If I'm honest, I'm more interested in the shout out than the actual critique, I'm not your typical artist that strives to improve all the time, I just do it for fun and I'm actually pretty happy with the level I am right now.
Hi, the theme is hard... I have something, not exactly fitting, but I hope to geta little bit of exposure at least... I tried =D pleasedon't hate me

So, I recently made a series of 4 portraits each matching a season (so there's a winter) and having plant elements in them (winter had berries though)
Liliane by LualaDy Summer by LualaDy Autumn by LualaDy Winter by LualaDy

Hopefully I can get something better fitting next time ^^
I'm a traditional artist and I use mainly watercolours, markers and coloured pencils.
I love fantasy and fairy tales themes and I actively creating both art and feature journals for the community ^^
Hi, i would like to show you something from my gallery.
Messenger by Qbaska   Hands by Qbaska   Gentleman by Qbaska   Butterfly by Qbaska   Tentacle by Qbaska   Inkwell by Qbaska   Cooking by Qbaska
Only one contains flower, not really winter-like but maybe you will like it.

About me, begginer freelancer in graphic bussines. For some time was running my t-shirt business with octopus-themed mascot, but it didn't go too well (horrible to be honest) so i decided to switch subjects of my design and now im in to realistic/semi-realistic illustrations (left one is my first big illustration, new one on the way). Feel free to give some criticism if you like. Thx for opportunity to get featured and appreciated that you give your time for community.
It sure looks really interesting! :D
It's always great to hear an artists story even if it isn't all glitter and rainbows! 
I can't promise a feature just yet as the thread is still open a few days, but I defiantly think your art is really fun and awesome :D
Thanks! Even if it don't get a place in your featured collection it is worth a try. Have a great day!
You're welcome and thank you very much! :D
sounds fun! winter florals huh.....
um i guess i have these? 
spring day by K3NMA   HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIN YOONGI [SUGA!!!!] by K3NMA i dont wanna feel blue by K3NMA some chill iitodo by K3NMA   antarcticite by K3NMA