Share art that your proud of working on because you improved from it.

This could be your best or just something less that helped you grow as an artist.
Doesn't matter what medium I'd be happy to see the process and I'll comment on what I like about your work. :)

:bulletred: As an example: here is one I was happy to work on.

Muffet by kongless34

The process of working on this helped me learn more about shading and adding complementary background elements that help make the piece more visually interesting on any medium that I would work on.

:bulletblue: It doesn't have to be detailed just feel free to share and encourage others to be open with this.

:bulletgreen: Have fun and explore others work at your leisure too. ^^ 
Comments44
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
After the Storm by Ky-th   dryad by Ky-th  

probably these, I've always been more of a portrait person, so for me to push through and paint a full background was a pretty awesome improvement! both in attitude since I'm starting to be less afraid of them, and in skill 
thank you for the thread!
f r i e n d ? by clementinekid
This was interesting to draw because I'm so used to drawing people all the time, and drawing something mechanical kinda showed me more possibilities for my art
demon by clementinekid
I always try to draw people so they look really beautiful or attractive and this was kinda a change
skull mask by clementinekid
This one is the first mask I've ever made and creating it made me realize that I can make really cool 3D art if I wanted to
howdy by clementinekid
And this one is special because I never use pen to doodle with because I'm too afraid of making a mistake and not being able to erase it, but I don't think it looks half bad
Risen by the moonlight (contest entry) by LacrimareObscura   Splitted Inside (for akrival) by LacrimareObscura   The Spiders Nest (Contest Entry) by LacrimareObscura   Darkest Koi by LacrimareObscura

Although improvement goes step by step, this are the pieces I´ve learned most while working at them.
I have some of my rpoudest works I improved so much:
Adorable Meeting by GabrielLoboDX   Lisabella Damon by GabrielLoboDX   Kate As A Badass (or not) Character by GabrielLoboDX   Owl by GabrielLoboDX   Tiger by GabrielLoboDX   Dog Pratice by GabrielLoboDX  
Erica Hartmann 3 by shigeru-chan I had fun when draw her, i did fun experiment with the coloring especially
Redraw: A Change within the wind  by ASinglePetal  
This is a redraw I did the old drawing is from five years ago
egg contest by evilstrawberrycookie
I am pretty proud of this, because I think I improved skin.
Skincolor is so difficult to draw. Also, I now use other brushes in photoshop,
and I really like this pantry feel and the edges it creates.
I was a soft brush, round brush artist.
Anna: The Makings of a Queen (preview) by DeeFlow21  
This one is a work in progress, but looking good so far! :D (Big Grin)  
Spice of Life by Ficcoon

I learned so much about shading from this guy...wow. I also learned more patience, as this is the longest-taking piece I've ever made.
May Flowers by Yseulta  

I feel like my roses and my faces have improved from this one. This was the first of a series of more "serious" portraits (ie, not fanart, not anime, better shading/use of colour, etc), so I really tried hard to improve how I handle faces - especially eyes. I think I hit a good level with these, not too big, but still bigger and shinier than real life =p 

As for the roses, I just hate painting flowers, but I managed to come up with enough patience to get through them for this one :ohnoes:
Well, this is the most patient I've ever been with background and lineart:
Turbulance by Aridax
Now to work on patience while coloring haha;;
This one helped me to get reaaaalllyyy familiar with Prismacolor pencils.

Balance by RiverHound
Took me like 6 hours with this but I finally learned to use the brush that is now my favourite way to draw cats, also one of my first drawings in 4000x4000 pixel size =)
World of Cats by CatSpaceDesign
I liked working on this one because the anatomy came out better than I usually do and I made several different versions of this one.

Kiyari 1 by BlueHoodMidnight
Hi, I do lots of battle scene fanarts lately, mainy to improve my own skills to start my own comic called "Undead Tournament" in the near future. I mainly try to improve the posing of my characters :)
Water Temple - Zelda vs Shadow Zelda by Isural   Kayn - League of Legends by Isural  
Doing traditional painting always makes me evolve or at least think carefully about what I'm doing. Painting from real life often surprises me, I think to myself: "Wow, so that is how things look. I've never noticed!"
Apple and some Branches by Fezte   White Rose by Fezte   Black Rowan by Fezte   Veggies by Fezte
Opening page of my re-boot of a manga I'm creating. A slice-of-life, girls (sports) manga. I feel it's the best piece I've drawn so far, I'm pretty satisfied about it. :)  

{Original Manga} Blitz Road 1 {Re-DONE!} by BlueBird1789
I think i am improving Llama Emoji-24 (Blinking) [V1] not quite sure...

Nami Moonstone by KikiNeko3   Star Guardian Soraka Lingerie by KikiNeko3
April 29                                                              August 14
I improved a lot through texture cube studies over the summer (here are a few):
Ice Cube by Courtzart   Lava Cube by Courtzart   Cardboard Box Cube by Courtzart   Amber Cube by Courtzart   Green Slime Cube by Courtzart  
In This World Only We Exist by Tears-of-Xion I figured out a lot about anatomy from this one.

Saturday Quiet Time Together by Tears-of-Xion Figured how to do basic background perspective, as well as practicing drawing a cute couple bonding.
Abandoned Lighthouse by da-hazard  It would have to be this piece honestly, took me so long to have the courage to show my improvement in digital art, i tend to pour some emotion into my art as well, mostly what i felt at that moment

I was and am still really proud of this piece ^^
Shya Cristal The Drag queen by Blueowlart   Request  10 colour by Blueowlart  
I could finally see in these that I am growing hehe
Breakfast by Yami19
I made it without help of my mentor and I think it is pretty good :P