Official Abstract/Surreal Thumbshare: May 2013

Overview

Hallo; I'm ^arctoa and I'm the Community Volunteer for Abstract and Surreal Photography. As part of my effort to bring abstract and surreal art to wider attention, I am hosting these monthly thumbnail exhibitions for you guys to post up thumbnails of your abstract/surreal deviations. Or, if you prefer, you can post some abstract/surreal work made by others that you particularly enjoy.

The best work submitted will make its way into a special Feature Friday news article at the end of the month.

While my main focus is with abstract and surreal photography, feel free to post work from other media; this is about showcasing the genre as much as the medium. With that in mind, please check out (and comment upon) the work featured herein.

Rules

- Post no more than Five thumbs in total. This is to ensure you post only what you consider to be high quality work.

- Post abstractions and surrealisms only. While work from any medium is welcome, there are other threads for other genres.

- Keep comments respectful on the works of others. This isn't a discourage of constructive critique, only blind abuse.
Comments87
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Many thanks for taking part.
Thank-you for taking part.
Surreal term project for this year, hope you like it
You're welcome!
Many thanks for taking part, as always.
It's my pleasure. :highfive:

Btw, as a gallery director do you find infrared landscape photos more suiting for the surreal or the landscape folder?
:?
Firstly, apologies for the delayed response.

Secondly - and this is just my own thoughts on the matter - I think it depends upon what's in the composition, really. My first inclination, were I to take any myself, would be to place them in Landscape unless the subject matter itself contained an otherworldly element. That said, I think it's fair to place them in Surreal because of the tonal oddities that are produced. Basically, it's a matter of preference and I certainly have no issue seeing infrared landscape shots in the Surreal category.
NP, thanks for the answer. :)