Shop Forum More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
March 13
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

I'd like to adopt a cat, I need your help!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkalascee:
kalascee Featured By Owner Mar 14, 2018  Professional General Artist
the link is dead. ill help out.
try companys called catmax or catoodle for your netting they ship international .square bird wire works well to.I am currently trying to make an outdoor bunker for my cats as the landlord and wildlife do not like outdoor free roaming cats my prob is making it cyclone proof so i dont get coded for it

id like a comision iv only got 20 australian . not sure how much that translates to for you .
:iconaltairsky:
AltairSky Featured By Owner Mar 14, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Thank you for the info, I'll check it out but I think I'll use bird net because it's cheaper and I can buy it in my country! 20 Australian dollars are equal to 15 USD so feel free to send me a note if you're interested in commissioning! Thank you again for helping!
:iconwanderingmogwai:
WanderingMogwai Featured By Owner Mar 13, 2018   Photographer
Cats are more of an expense than just an initial expenditure.  There are ongoing responsibilities to be taken into account.  
AltairSky Featured By Owner Mar 13, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Please read my journal before lecturing me.
I've had a cat for 20 years. One cat. For 20 years. 
Now I want to adopt one, but the adoption center doesn't give a shiz about how well cared was my previous cat.
The adoption center has certain standards, and if I don't have specific cat accessories and net on my balconies, they're not gonna give me anything. They already told me I'm not eligible unless I fix my house.
Now I can just say f* them and spend 800-1500 euros and get a pedigree cat from a breeder, but I honestly prefer to adopt. Is that wrong?
WanderingMogwai Featured By Owner Mar 15, 2018   Photographer
No, I'm sorry!  I didn't mean to offend.  You're right I should read what you write more often to get a better picture.  This is just seriously a sore spot for me.  My daughter and I have moved in with my parents.  They are COMPLETELY irresponsible when it comes to animals.  They keep getting more.  They have only 4 indoor cats and 4 indoor rabbits right now but also a feral colony on the property.  None of them ever get shots or medical care unless I intervene.  I had to make a deal with the SPCA just to get all of them 'fixed' at $25 a piece and even that fell through when my parents didn't bother to be punctual to the appointments (I don't drive due to my disability).  My daughter feeds and cleans up after the cats and I'm the only one that cleans up after the rabbits and feeds them.  They are boys so they are constantly peeing to mark their territory....
I'm sorry.  I could go on and on.  I didn't men to come off like a jerk.  Adopting if you can is really ideal, I think, but when I was younger I had several cats from breeders.  They are as much a work of art as they are a pet.
Pets really can enrich your life.  Even my parents cats (not the rabbits) make my life better.  There's something very special about waking up and finding a warm, furry, purring lump on the bed cuddled up to you.
AltairSky Featured By Owner Mar 15, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
aww it's ok! I know that there are many irresponsible persons out there that should never be allowed to even keep a goldfish. Especially dog owners are terrible, 95% of the dog owners that I personally know can't even get their dog to come to them when called, and 80% don't bother picking up their dog's shit from the sidewalks.
WanderingMogwai Featured By Owner Mar 15, 2018   Photographer
Funny you should mention dogs.  My stepdad wants to get a pair of dogs to give to Mom.  I think I may have to move out!  Rage 
:iconinaimamortem:
InaimaMortem Featured By Owner Mar 14, 2018  Hobbyist General Artist
Hey good luck in getting everything prepared for the adoption centers shitty rules and finding a bundle of fluff to pick over the others.
AltairSky Featured By Owner Mar 14, 2018  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Aww thanks! Indeed, adoption centers can be quite annoying but I can understand their strict rules.
Add a Comment: