Closed to new replies
August 24, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 13

Proofreader and Editor for Literature

:iconthefs:
TheFS Featured By Owner Aug 24, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Hello there, my name is Ed Dyer and I work as a proofreader of prose literature here on deviantART. I've been editing short stories and novels for many years, but have only recently discovered how many pieces there are uploaded to dA.

I will critique:
-Short stories
-Chapters Novels
-Poems

I will not critique:
-Fan fiction (unless I've been contacted and I know of the subject)

Here are a few examples of my work:

Have a look through my Critiqued Literature Gallery to see everything I've proofread on deviantART: here!

Rates
Because of how varied different literature pieces can be, my rates vary. Generally, the cost ranges between:
Note: There is no flat rate that many other editors charge.
  • $2-3 (1.50) per 1,000 words.
  • $5 (3) per 1,000 words for pieces needing more depth/time.
  • Poems vary within this price range depending on length.
  • There may be a discount for full length novels (contact me for more details)

The Process
If you would like hire me under these conditions then the first step would be to send me a 'sample' of your work, along with how much detail you'd like from the critique (rewrite, comments only, grammar, suggestions, character work, narrative structure...) I will read through the sample (first chapter etc) and gauge how long it will take, as well as offering a price. If you are happy with that price and estimated time I will send you my paypal details. Once I have confirmed receipt of the money I will begin proofreading, editing and commenting on your piece.

I prefer to work using the comments system on Microsoft Word, but I'm just as happy to use dA's commenting system to send your critique.

All rights to the work remain the property of the original author (you). All I ask is that I'm mentioned in any references to editing or general assistance :)

If you have any questions feel free to contact me here (note) or through my email: edward.dyer@me.com

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmajorasmasks:
MajorasMasks Featured By Owner Sep 29, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
Could you please reply to this comment? I could hire you in the future if I need a proofreader, so if you'll comment I will add your reply in a dedicated folder in my inbox as future reference.  :)
TheFS Featured By Owner Sep 30, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I look forward to seeing what you've written some time in the future =)

(I've send you a note as well)
:iconiiexposed:
iiExposed Featured By Owner Sep 25, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
T-This is fantastic. I would love to hire you, but sadly, I have no money. When I do, though, I will be commissioning you for sure! I have plenty of works I'd love to be proofread and fixed. :aww:
TheFS Featured By Owner Sep 25, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I can't wait to see what you've written =D
:iconiiexposed:
iiExposed Featured By Owner Sep 25, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Thank you! :D
:iconseventhrain:
SeventhRain Featured By Owner Sep 2, 2013  Professional Writer
So you won't be doing free stuff with Grammar Nazis anymore?
TheFS Featured By Owner Sep 2, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I'll still be doing them when I have time. Only a couple a month, though. I can't leave the group just like that, I've done so much for it! =)
:iconseventhrain:
SeventhRain Featured By Owner Sep 2, 2013  Professional Writer
Oh yay ~ glad to hear it. :aww:
TheFS Featured By Owner Aug 25, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
For the next two weeks I have lots of free time, so I can get your work back to you within a day or two (depending on length)!
:icongothkoala439:
GothKoala439 Featured By Owner Aug 24, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Oh gosh, I just remembered I was supposed to email you a while ago! I was working on the blurb and word count and got distracted. I'm sorry, Ed. :-(
Ah no worries. Do you still want to look into getting something critiqued/proofread/edited, or whatever you want to call it? =P
:icongothkoala439:
GothKoala439 Featured By Owner Aug 24, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I would love that if you're still up to it! I can't figure out a blurb just yet, but is it okay if I send you the first chapter and you critique/proofread it for me?
I've sent you a note =)
Add a Comment: