Closed to new replies
July 13
Link

Statistics

Replies: 21

Transformation Sequence: Shane, from Stardew Valley

:iconreshirblade:
Reshirblade Featured By Owner Edited Jul 13, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist

I am looking for an artist that can draw a transformation sequence that involves a character from the game Stardew Valley.  It will involve my farmer character, which I will link to you, when I do choose somebody.  He will be transforming into the character, Shane, one of the bachelor characters from Stardew Valley in a sequence.  This version of Shane he would be transforming into, is my personal headcanon, on how I envision Shane.  Here Shane has a muscular upper body, particularly the shoulders, pecs, and arms.  His abs are replaced by a large beer gut.  More details are down below. The Shane pictures that I will give you, when chosen, are references to a game mod and art done by other artists that inspired me to make this idea, and there is little transformation art of these good characters.  The references I link to you, when I choose somebody, would help some of the later details of the sequence. My budget is exactly US $50 to $60.  Payment would be via PayPal, and I would send half at first on the first day, and then the second half on the following day.  Here are some things I will look for in choosing somebody.  You don’t have to meet all my things listed,  but you do need to meet the sketch and changes requirement, but the others would help.

UPDATE: I increased  the budget to $50-60, due to some response saying the amount I was proposing was too low.

• Any form of communication is fine.  I do prefer my email, or notes on DA, however.

• My budget is stated above, and I can’t go higher than that range, specified, as I am limited on money.

• I would want to see a sketch phase, at some point during the creation process.  After that, if there are any changes, I would give them, in a list form.

• After the changes, I would ask to see the line art or inked lines work, and give a second round of changes, if needed.  After this point, I would give the go for you to color and shade, if there are no additional changes, after I see the line work.

• Work with Stardew Valley, transformation art, and/or sequences  is not required, but it would be helpful.

• The style of  drawing I would go for is something similar to the portraits from the game, albeit it is the whole body, rather than their bust, and would be more detailed, than their portraits. Nothing too realistic.

• Coloring,shading, and highlights would not need to be complex, but would need to look smooth.

• The facial expressions would  be based on the ones from in game to help, unless I specified something that is not in the game.  As the sprites and portraits are limited, I included some art from done by other artists to assist in the creative process as it can be hard with the in-game sprites. References will be linked to you, after I choose somebody.

• Background would be a solid color, which you, the artist, can suggest to me or decide what looks good. 

• Post some of your former work or art in general, in your response, as this can help me decide who to choose. 

• The files I would want to receive after completion, would be jpegs and pngs of each individual image. The pngs would be without  the background, and the jpegs would be with the background.  The photoshop or equivalent files of these types and specifics:

• One of them is the whole sequence from left to right, and has any text that the character is speaking on separate layers, that can be toggled on and off.

• The other is a stacked file, where all of the parts of the sequence are on top of each other on individual layers  Text that is spoken, is also made on separate layers.  There is a reason for this type of file, see the next point.

• If you can, with your drawing program, make a gif of the whole sequence from start to end.  This is not required, as I can make it myself with a program I have, but I would need all of the  individual pngs and jpegs to do so.  I would give more details on this later.

• I would also want two pngs of the whole sequence from left to right, one with text visible and the other without text.

• I would expect that this would take about 7-10 days to finish, but if you can do it faster, that would be great, but don't rush the process.

I do see a minor issue, as my farmer does not have a reference sheet, an approximation will have to be used, but as he is transforming into Shane, this should not be an issue throughout the sequence.  My farmer’s height would stay the same throughout the transformation,  so there is no problem there. I will provide screenshots of my farmer from in game, so you can get a good idea.  Try to make him look similar to a character's portrait from the game.  Here is the sequence, it is detailed enough for you to get the picture.  We can discuss finer details, related to the reference pics and other things at a later date

Shane TF:

1. The farmer is wearing the clothes shown in the farmer and Shane reference pics, that will link to you. He is facing to the right at a 45 degree angle, between a side profile and front profile, for all stages.  His right hand at his side, and has just finished a new Joja Beer, held in his left hand, about half way between his side and mouth. Imagine a right angle for his left arm’s position. The design of the beer can, should be similar to the Joja cola from the game, if you have played it, before.

2. The farmer’s pose is the same as part 1 above. His hair shape is now Shane’s hair shape.  His hair is half brown, half purple, starting from the roots.

3. The farmer’s hair color is now fully Shane’s purple.  His eye colors change from brown to green. The farmer's shoulders and arms are now more muscular and are visible and bulge through the clothing.

4. The farmer’s upper body is complete. His pecs become muscular, along with already transformed arms and shoulders are now all large and muscular underneath the clothes.  The farmer’s face now has a light five o’clock shadow, and has a thicker neck and an Adam's apple visible on his neck, from this point forward.

5. The farmer’s lower body changes. His quad and calf muscles get muscular.  His bulge in his pants, gets bigger, too, and should be decently visible. The farmer is sipping another beer can that has appeared in his left hand.  His five o’clock shadow gets a bit darker.  Shane is smiling here.

6. The farmer’s gut, expands, pushing his shirt out, but not lifting it up.  The farmer burps in response to his newly  large and unexpected beer gut. The reference pics here will be a good example, as it is hard to explain in more detail.  The burp is written in dramatic, comic style text as  “BWWOOUURRP!!!” His face should have the complete five o’clock shadow, and his facial expression, should have him burping with his mouth open.  Motion lines should come off his rounded stomach, to emphasize that it grew. The hand holding the beer can should be near his side at this point.

7. He is completely transformed into Shane, holding an empty beer can in his left hand, near his side and scratching his gut with his right hand. Shane says with a confident face, smiling  with his eyes open. “Damn! That felt great. I must have another beer after that.  My gut isn’t full yet!” or something else that you would  think would be good for him to say.  Run it past me and I will think about it.

Devious Comments

:iconkirkechan:
KirkeChan Featured By Owner Jul 14, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
I can help out but sequences costs alot. I charge 25$ for my cheapest fullbody but maybe we can figure out about 3 positions for half bodies
Commission prices by KirkeChan   Commission prices - semi realism by KirkeChan   Fluttershy by KirkeChan   Volpix - painting style by KirkeChan   Request - I don't know a name of this OC by KirkeChan   Ahri  elderwood - fanart by KirkeChan   Stars  tonight - Ahri fanart by KirkeChan   Shego - concept art by KirkeChan  
:iconneotistics:
Neotistics Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020  New Deviant  Digital Artist
Hello! Is the background detailed?
Reshirblade Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
No, is would be a simple color or simple abstract background.
:iconneotistics:
Neotistics Featured By Owner Jul 14, 2020  New Deviant  Digital Artist
I’m interested, you can see my art examples on my DA and Instagram account @/Neotistic. Thank you!
:iconarchellpelago:
archellpelago Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020   General Artist
Hey, I am willing to work around your budget and I have samples of my work here ( sta.sh/2y0urd8qb5o ) but I want to ask if this is strictly Stardew Valley style that you’re looking for ?
Thanks, I just sent a note to you. And I am increasing the budget to $50 to 60. Do you have any other questions, besides the style?
:iconarchellpelago:
archellpelago Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020   General Artist
Iíll inquire with you everything in DMs !
Reshirblade Featured By Owner Jul 16, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I have to go with you, as the artist.  I will note you any information, that I was missing or didn't clarify enough, after looking back at it. It will include my discord information, too. More details to follow.  Congratuations.
:iconcarlogarde:
CarloGarde Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020  Professional Traditional Artist
The  page offer is too low bud.
I figured as much, as it is a lot to do for that much, even I go a bit higher.  How much much more would you stay, closer to 60, or higher than that?
:iconmonoaxe:
monoaxe Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020  New Deviant Hobbyist Digital Artist
I really don't think anyone's gonna do that for $40 
Too long and complex, I assume. Or are there too many details.   I figured either one of those could be potential turn aways.
:iconsanah20:
sanah20 Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020
I agree...
:iconsushy00:
sushy00 Featured By Owner Jul 13, 2020  Professional General Artist
I am interested but I charge more than $40 for something like this. 
How much more, as I could go up towards $60, as I am still limited on money.  Thanks for showing interest in general.
sushy00 Featured By Owner Jul 14, 2020  Professional General Artist
For comics I charge $56 USD per page, so if you want the sequence on one comic page, I could make it for $56 USD.
Reshirblade Featured By Owner Jul 14, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Thanks for the information as it is very helpful. A comic style is something that I did not consider. I will have to ponder on this. Thanks again for the response.
sushy00 Featured By Owner Jul 14, 2020  Professional General Artist
Alright, well here are some examples of my comics https://www.deviantart.com/sushy00/gallery/35187145/comics for your consideration. Feel free to contact me anytime if you want to work with me.
Reshirblade Featured By Owner Jul 14, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I will take a look a later today, as I don't have time at the moment. I will put you on my short list, which one other artist on it at the moment. It will hard for me to choose, but I will consider everything. Thanks for the response. I will message you later if I have any questions.
Add a Comment: