Upcoming Game Project (J-RPG) Character Reference Artist

This is a job posting for a character (and possibly monster) reference artist for an upcoming game project (J-RPG).

The first scope of work is to create 5 character references.
Descriptions of each character will be given upon selection of whom is contracted out.
Each character will need to have a side, front and back view. (Both sides is ideal, but not necessary).

The work and pay for this will begin sometime in February.
Our budget is around $200. There is some room for negotiations if necessary.

Upon applying, please provide references of your portfolio and similar work. When the work starts, there would need to be a one to two week turnaround time for the final designs.

Finally, while it's impossible for us to indicate the future, the chosen candidate will be reached back out to after this scope of work is complete, for future work with the project.

Any questions, feel free to ask or send me a message directly.
Comments51
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Thanks to everyone who applied! We have now found our chosen candidate. We will definitely keep everyone in mind for future projects!
Hi, I'm interesed in this job.

This are some illustrations, you can see my profile for more, but I think these are more relationed with what you need :)
Chtulhu1 by Aleinny   Personaje Uno Victra by Aleinny   Chinese girl by Aleinny  

Contact me aleinny7chesire@gmail.com
I'm interested, check out some of my work to see if my style suits what you are looking for:

Courtnie clothing set by forgotten-light Karla clothing set by forgotten-light Botched Spell by forgotten-light Making a New Friend by forgotten-light Spider Anti by forgotten-light
Hi I'm interested, if you like my work you can contact me at felsouth@gmail.com or send me a PM.

Seducer-Concepts-01 by Felsouth   Seducer-Concepts-02 by Felsouth   Nightcaster-Card by Felsouth   Book Cover 01 by Felsouth   Book Cover 02 by Felsouth   Book Cover 03 by Felsouth   Wallpaper wide by Felsouth
Hello, I'm interested in working with you!
Here are my (negotiable) commission prices:

Head shot: 15
Half body: 25
Full body: 35
Background is another 5-10 dollars depending on the complexity.

Examples of my work: 
Chill by snowpelt119   50s Diner by snowpelt119   Game Gyaru by snowpelt119   Tea by snowpelt119   Grunge and Art hoe??? by snowpelt119   Bowsette Bandwagon by snowpelt119   bg practice by snowpelt119   Roxy Zine Piece by snowpelt119   Klance Snapshot by snowpelt119   Pretty Bi My Guy by snowpelt119   Digital art final by snowpelt119   Oof by snowpelt119    Meet The Artist 2018 by snowpelt119  
I'm very interested.

Sample Characters by PenGhost   Toru Harada Concept Art by PenGhost   Riku Hiroe - Special Content by PenGhost   [Sprite] Hiraya by PenGhost   Prim by PenGhost   Gameplay test by PenGhost  
Hello!

My name is Tonje Mortensen. I am an MA graduate and full-time professional freelancer. I focus mainly on creating illustrations for video games, films and books. I have excellent experience creating stylised concepts and artworks for various platforms.

You can take a look at my portfolio here for more examples: www.artstation.com/tonjo

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Tonje Mortensen.
Edit: Just to clarify with everyone, the $200 budget is for all 5 character designs. I'll be looking through everyone's portfolios soon and hopefully making some decisions!
note sent !

70ss Purple Knight by RoeeateR   personal work in progress from 2015 by RoeeateR   pirate Elf vs Orcs by RoeeateR   Book Cover by RoeeateR   Destiny character commission by RoeeateR   link to 360 wip version in the description by RoeeateR   Cyberpunk NEW YORK by RoeeateR   Snake Eater 2017 Retouch by RoeeateR   Shanghai 2177 concept art 4 Nanits Chronicles 2015 by RoeeateR   Concept Art for Nanits Chronicles 5 by RoeeateR   Timefag5  by RoeeateR   Final by RoeeateR   P by RoeeateR   Grimes by RoeeateR   The Fox and the Hound by RoeeateR   SITH invisibility cloak 1 by RoeeateR   Pokemon by RoeeateR 
Hi, I'm interested! some of my art works here:
Full Illust/ Background:
Greenhouse by Elle-Rei   The beginning of the Journey by Elle-Rei Odyssey by Elle-Rei Photosynthesis by Elle-Rei   :CM: Japanese old style street by Elle-Rei   :CM:Clinic by Elle-Rei :CM:Hotel Lobby by Elle-Rei   :CM:School Atrium by Elle-Rei :CM:Clinic by Elle-Rei Library by Elle-Rei :CM: Docking Station by Elle-Rei :CM :Alien Colony by Elle-Rei

Fullbody/Half body/Headshot/ Portrait:
Izuminokami Kanesada by Elle-Rei Gokotai by Elle-Rei   :CM:Centaur by Elle-Rei Swan Song by Elle-Rei Int by Elle-Rei Just Married by Elle-Rei Decora by Elle-Rei Teenage Hotarumaru by Elle-Rei Gokotai YA by Elle-Rei Maxim by Elle-Rei

Chibi style:
Theia and Tansy M by Elle-Rei Adekan ALice chibi by Elle-Rei izuminokami horikawa by Elle-Rei DMMd Noiz mug by Elle-Rei

GIF:
Oden by Elle-Rei  OSMT Raincoat by Elle-Rei Bathing at Sentou by Elle-Rei
Drop me a note for more details!
Hello! I’m a concept design artist and illustrator, specialized in character creation. Please take a look at my portfolio page and see if you like what I do for your project.

gvielrojo.daportfolio.com

Here's a quick chart with the prices of some of my services. These are open to negotiation
Pricing Board 01 by GviElRojo  
8199068 Orig by TFGuillen   High Mountains By Tfguillen-da5bc9r by TFGuillen   24909721 10214195852467222 9071845442578977035 N by TFGuillen   Cape by TFGuillen   32087300 634725463537224 2317368760110940160 N by TFGuillen   Page15Ink by TFGuillen   Comic Ink by TFGuillen   A Not That Far Away Moon By Tfguillen-dby03m8 by TFGuillen   Planet Vore With Strange Life Form By Tfguillen-dc by TFGuillen   Page 03Color by TFGuillen   Page 08Ink by TFGuillen   Page 04Ink by TFGuillen   Page 02Ink by TFGuillen   Backcover by TFGuillen   Page05 by TFGuillen   Manga Comic1 by TFGuillen   Manga Comic by TFGuillen   Manga Comic2 by TFGuillen   Sketches  3 By Tfguillen-da7xg4v by TFGuillen   Communist Solider By Tfguillen-dckdhap by TFGuillen   ShowCase by TFGuillen   Alex Mercer From Prototype Final Result By Tfguill by TFGuillen   BactaranRepublic by TFGuillen   Canvas2 by TFGuillen   ConceptColor 1 by TFGuillen   Let S F Word Rock Murica Folks By Tfguillen-dapbnv by TFGuillen   Page06ColorB by TFGuillen   Showcase by TFGuillen   Showcasesmall by TFGuillen   Sketches  2 By Tfguillen-da70pkp by TFGuillen  
Hi, there!

I'm Fred and i'm an illustrator of 8 years of experience in the comic industry and 2 years in video games business.

The companies that I've worked with are Intercom, Pilot Studios, Glow in the Dark Studios, Kongregate, among others.

You can contact Mike Luoma, director of Glow in the Dark Studios or Ben Ferrari, Lead Director of Pilot Studios to request a recommendation.

I don't have problem delivering pieces of work in a marked Deadline, my main goal it's to maintain a dynamic work flow for better results and that's the way I've obtained contracts in many Studios.

I speak Spanish, French and English so let me know what fits better for you.

you can see my portfolio in my website:

tfguillen.deviantart.com/

www.guillendesigns.com

or you can go to my Facebook page:

www.facebook.com/federicoguill…

You can contact me via email:

fedealien@hotmail.com

I'm widely open to negotiations.

It would be a pleasure to work with you in your project.

Hope to see you soon :)

Fred.
Hi there!

I am very interested too. Sounds like fun would be glad to help.

Just take a look at my gallery on my website and feel free to contact me. Most stuff is on my website.

Cheerioh! Flo
verdilaksbreeding.com/
concept-art, illustration, logo-design

I am interested in your project/offer, here is my price and sample: fav.me/dccs6wm .
Some sample so it can be easy for you to check out mine:  

= FANART = Calestia In The Sunshine [MLP Fanart] by dyn4m1k3 = COMMISSION =  Minako from Persona 3 Portable by dyn4m1k3

= FANART = SPIDER GWEN [ Into the Spider-Verse ] by dyn4m1k3 = COMMISSION =  Inari Okami by dyn4m1k3 = GIFT = Linda Evans by dyn4m1k3 = COMMISSION = Linda Evans 15 by dyn4m1k3

= COMMISSION = Linda Evans 14 by dyn4m1k3 = COMMISSION = Linda Evans 13 by dyn4m1k3 = FANART = HANI EXID LADY by dyn4m1k3 = REQUEST = Feyra by dyn4m1k3 
Contact me back if you are interested in working with me. Looking forward to hearing from you.

hello! my name is emubi and I'm interested doing your job! please check my rates and portfolio! I hope my artstyle fits you!
if you interested please email me at mouritz.bethelio@gmail.com or add my discord chat emubi#9329 for fast responds! thank you!
Arlynn MHW by emubi Lyria's Summoning! by emubi Rena Sterling - RWP Mk.II by emubi Harpy - Special Crew by emubi Heaven or Hell! by emubi Rozalin by emubi
Tenryuu Kai! by emubi Mutsu by emubi Resolute Strike! by emubi
King of Queendoms - Character Design by emubi Bandit mage - character design by emubi Miqo'te Maid by emubi Dark Bowsette by emubi Rina Idol Redesign by emubi
I'm interested, here're a few of my works ,
If you are interested contact me at: nartass285@gmail.com
Thank you for reading
Blade-5 by NastA55   Portrait yllow by NastA55   Onna-bugeisha by NastA55   [Commision] Natsumi by NastA55   Horn by NastA55   YoRHa No.2 Type B by NastA55   Nostalgic spell by NastA55   Grass. by NastA55  
hi! i'd love to help you out! i work fairly fast and try to keep my prices fairly low depending on the project. let me know if i'm who you're looking for! you can find my commission prices here!

Adam Taurus Post Volume Six Reference by ColorInPlatinum   WELCOME TO EQUALITY. WELCOME TO THE SDC. by ColorInPlatinum   Guess Who's Back - Tyrian Redraw by ColorInPlatinum   Big Tiddy Moth GF by ColorInPlatinum   White Knight by ColorInPlatinum   The Girl in the Tower by ColorInPlatinum   Shigaraki by ColorInPlatinum   Nora Valkyrie by ColorInPlatinum   Sun Wukong Redraw by ColorInPlatinum   That's The Idea! by ColorInPlatinum
Hello , im currently opening commission ,My major style is anime/manga, Here is some sample of my work and prices:
Hello I'm freelance digital painting artist. If you interest  with my artstyle. you can contact me via DA or my email: octavianus.gozali@yahoo.com

Purple Eyes Metal Dragon by Ocetee Dragon Temple by Ocetee Venom by Ocetee Oh Deer by Ocetee