Looking for an anime/manga/LN style artist to be the Official Artist for my new rom-com light novel!

Hello lovely artists of the DA community! I am Shintaro Mofujin, a new writer who recently debuted with an original gender bender fluffy cute rom-com story in the style of Japanese Light Novels! The first volume is out now and the cover that is currently on display was done by me. I’m looking for my Ponkan8! (Artist/Char Designer for the Oregairu LN series for the unaware!) Obviously, those are some unrealistic expectations and I’m just looking for someone who can get the job done, but I do believe that there is a wealth of unnoticed talent out there and I’m going to find them

STORY DESCRIPTION: For reference, “My Best Friend is Dense Harem Main Character-kun, But Why am I the Heroine?!” is a heartwarming goofy story where the overly caring Best Friend of a Generic Dense Main Character that you’ve surely seen at one point in anime, manga, or games genderbends into a beautiful girl after one fateful afternoon! I’m looking for someone who can do the cover including the text if possible! (You don’t have to, but I believe that me doing so would ruin your aesthetics, but we can talk about this detail for sure.)

WHAT I NEED: Since, Volume 1 is out already, I can provide a reference to what I’m going for! (The bottom has a link!) Essentially, the two main characters: the generic looking (like Kirito/Ichika/Raku) dense harem main character walking to school alongside the main heroine! Complete creative freedom in regards to background scenery (though I want it to look like a visual novel scene with cherry blossoms!) and school uniforms, (I intentionally didn’t give a super detailed description on this in the actual story!) however the hair color and eye color need to match! Let your imagination run wild! But I believe that only someone who actually draws for a living can bring out the “WOW I must read this NAO” factor that I’m looking for!

PAYMENT: Of course, you will be paid, but prices have to be negotiated before we begin (Around $100 via paypal, but we can adjust to your liking, I can go a bit higher!) and I will pay an upfront fee so you don’t feel like you’re wasting your precious time! I like to keep things consistent and this being a long running series, likely running over 6+ volumes, that’s a lot of covers! Well, things get busy so I understand if you can’t be available when I finish a volume, but I would like to find my special artist with a love for anime/manga/LN’s who wants to be known as the official artist for my project! Up to you or not, but I am more than willing to include your penname on the cover and even in the back or front matter (w/ social media plugs) so that you get something extra along with the money out of this, just tell me how you want it to be presented! I don’t need it finished immediately, but it’d be nice if you can do it in a week or two! Let me know if you need more time, I’m not a stickler for such things and I understand that good art is done when it’s done! Also, since the budget isn't massive, my expectations are grounded.

Thanks for lending this aspiring light novelist an ear, and I look forward to seeing all of your incredible artwork! I know how hard it is to get noticed in this cold cruel world, but I believe that we can make it if we do it together!~

HOW TO CONTACT: Please post your work here, on Twitter (AT ShinMofu) or my Gmail ShinMofujin (Sorry for posting it this way, I am scared of zee spam bots) along with a way for me to contact you! When I decide on someone, I’ll reach out to you! Please don’t take it personally if you aren’t selected, I can unfortunately only choose one person, even though everyone is so talented… =(

Will choose someone in time, but need time to look over everyone's work! Thank you for reading!

The Book: www.amazon.com/Friend-Dense-Ha…

Comments47
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
*UPDATE: Thank you all for applying, I'm humbled by the jaw-dropping talent that I've seen over the past few days for my small request! I have decided on someone whose style suited what I had in mind the most. This was a wonderful experience, and I will return in the future with a different series for sure! Every single one of you are truly gifted at what you do, it is most unfortunate that I could only choose one person. Once again, thank you so much for applying and may we meet again in the future!
hi im very interested in this hope you like my work all prices are negotiable however given your budget all are well within budget for you hope to hear from you soon Tiefling by Chibi576   another wip elf girl by Chibi576   wip elf girl by Chibi576   Fantasy elf by Chibi576   Elf in forest by Chibi576   Neko girl by Chibi576   Shen by Chibi576   elf sketch by Chibi576   brownpaperrr by Chibi576  
Hi,
I'm interested in your project. I used to work as animator for Toei.
Please have a look at my gallery for samples of my art here:

Send me a note if you think we could work together.
Thanks!
Hi there Shin! It seems fun to do! I'm interested so I let you samples of my work for you to see if you would be interested as well!
If you are into my work you can reply here, note me or contact me at viktor.d.leon@gmail.com, what suits you better!

Detail - Phantom of the Collector - Everyts APP by ViktorCat Azrael - Austral by ViktorCat Fiura - Austral by ViktorCat
Celes Artwork 1 by ViktorCat   Celes Art G1 by ViktorCat
Celes Art E1 by ViktorCat
Best Regards!!
Seriously, you guys are making this REALLY difficult! I can't express how humbled I am that there are so many unbelievably SUPER ULTRA talented artists that are applying for my request! I'm going to take a respite from writing the 2nd volume for all of today and even the weekend to look over all of the current and incoming portfolios that people are sending me. Understand that if you aren't selected for this particular novel, I already have other fluffy rom-com series planned and will ask a different artist to do it next time, so that more hidden talent get exposure! Of course, I am one person and I want to focus on one story at a time to prevent burn out, but THANK YOU! Everyone is way too talented here, geez...

Yes I will still be looking for the next few days since they're still coming in, so please post if you are interested! This decision will surely be the end of me, however...
Hi! I'm very interested in the work. 

Take a look at my prices in this link | commission info | please, and I leave some examples here too. If you would like to work with me, just send me a note or via email: rusembell@gmail.com

Commission: Snowboard by Rusembell  Commission: Javeryh Arcade by Rusembell   Commission Sidepoke by Rusembell  Commission:. Lotus girl by Rusembell  Stay away - Rapture Poster by Rusembell  Peonia by Rusembell  Commission: C. Lynn CR by Rusembell  Commission: Smithkakarot by Rusembell Premio 1er lugar Concurso Dic16 by Rusembell  Elizabeth - Burial at Sea by Rusembell  Catrina 2017 by Rusembell  Commission: Portada para The Playground by Rusembell  Catrina Tehuana - Detalle by Rusembell  Commission: Flaorth by Rusembell  Sirena de Algas by Rusembell  Winter ring - scenneta by Rusembell 

Mature Content

Commission: Archangella to Jublies by Rusembell
  Commission: Hanamura Yosuke by Rusembell  Another Heaven by Rusembell  Commission: Smithkakarot - Platinum 01 by Rusembell  Fanart - Aigis by Rusembell  Catrina 02 by Rusembell  Catrina 01 by Rusembell  FanArt: Persona by Rusembell  Comision: David by Rusembell  FanArt - Tohru Adachi and Magatsu Izanagi by Rusembell  FanArt: Kanji Tatsumi by Rusembell   Second Heartbeat by Rusembell  Halcon y Liebre by Rusembell 

Have a nice day~
Hello!
My name is Miranda and I´m a professional illustrator.
Open to commission, hope that we can start working together!
Best regards,
M
11 by MirandaRodriguezWork   10 by MirandaRodriguezWork   09 by MirandaRodriguezWork   08 by MirandaRodriguezWork   07 by MirandaRodriguezWork   12 by MirandaRodriguezWork   13 by MirandaRodriguezWork   14 by MirandaRodriguezWork   15 by MirandaRodriguezWork   16 by MirandaRodriguezWork   01 by MirandaRodriguezWork   02 by MirandaRodriguezWork   03 by MirandaRodriguezWork   04 by MirandaRodriguezWork   05 by MirandaRodriguezWork   06 by MirandaRodriguezWork  
Hi! After reading all of your text, I would really love to work with you! kaomoji set 2 18/67

Here are a few examples of my work:

Hanako by Ruumen   Dokomi Art Contest 2018 by Ruumen   Hachikuji by Ruumen   Nagi no Asukara by Ruumen   Suzukaze Aoba - New Game! by Ruumen

Also: putting text onto the cover wouldn't be a problem for me kaomoji set 1 15/19 
Hi there!

I am very interested too. Sounds like fun would be glad to help.

Just take a look at my website and feel free to contact me. Most stuff is on my website.

Cheerioh! Flo
verdilaksbreeding.com/
concept-art, illustration, logo-design
Hello there,, im interested with your project,, here my example artworks,, hope you like it and thank you so much :D (Big Grin)

Last Survival New Version by Werenwow   Last Survival by Werenwow   Waiting for you~ by Werenwow  

Mature Content

Narmaya Summer Costume by Werenwow

OMg! This offer sounds like a dream come true-
I sadly don't have much experience in this field but i would be willing to try my best! >w<
(i also think that's good work for my portfolio)

I have some examples for my style so take a look: 
i am good in drawing semi-realistic humans, but also more anime.
(you could say my artstyle is a mixmatch :') ) But mostly i adore drawing cute characters and scenes.
I love designing and would even design the backcover if you decide to print your novel~

Sunrise Adopt [CLOSE] by lavourse heaven by lavourse Princess estra by lavourse   A hug by lavourse   SET PRICE[open]/ Ice means love by lavourse Soulless [OC] by lavourse Roses have thorns by lavourse

When it comes to work, i would show you sketches and update you with wips so we can make changes and adjustments :hearts:
I am currently taking a break from studying, so i'm currently getting a big chunk from my living expenses from my art and designs, so maybe this helps your needs too, since i have some experience working with clients.
I personally think your Project seems really cute and i applaud you for your courage to work on something you adore.
Hopefully you're able to find a good person for the job! ;w; (i would be thrilled to hear from you :') )

Incase you want to contact me, we can write notes on da, or i give you my email per note ;w;
Hello! I'm very interested in your offer, the novel sounds adorable and I really like the premise! :heart:

Here are some samples of my current styles:
Cover3 by Cydette   Rose 2018 Small by Cydette   Machiko Small by Cydette
And you can see some more in my portfolio here: [ thetictacportfolio.strikingly.… ] ^^

My contact email is: [ TheTicTactician(at)gmail(dot)com ]
Thank you for your consideration!
Hi there, I'm interested if you feel my anime style can work for your project. :)

Examples:
Anime Gallery:
www.deviantart.com/daphinteres…

Commission info:
Commission Shop

If having any questions over anything, please feel free to let me know at anytime.
If not interested in the end, I still appreciate you for taking time out to check out my work. :D

Overall, I wish you good luck on your artist (s) search here. :)