Artist needed for new comic -- UNDERGROUND COMIX / FANTAGRAPHICS style project (PENCILS + INKS)

In need of a skilled artist that can work quickly. The project is an on-going series (24 pages each issue), a true-to-life comic set in a small college town as various 20-somethings do their best at growing up.

Looking for pencils + inks (in one artist). I'll handle the colors and lettering. Looking for a cartoonist style in the vain of Peter Bagge, Daniel Clowes, etc etc.

Send your best page rates and page examples of your work to: austin@bogusbooks.com

Thanks!

Comments10
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hello!
I'm really interested in your project and it would be great to work with you. Here you can ceck my Portfolio

I'm drawing both from references and written descriptions, also from my imagination if you prefer to give an artist a free hand.

Some of my personal projects:

Birdeater by FanOfTill Yol toor shul! by FanOfTill Commission - those few moments by FanOfTill
Rising by FanOfTill Act of creation by FanOfTill Existing rifles icons (vector) by FanOfTill The best friend by FanOfTill The Horns (walkthrough tutorial inside) by FanOfTill

Some of my commissions:

Mature Content

Commission - Argonian female character design by FanOfTill

Mature Content

Commission - mermaid character design by FanOfTill
Commission - Kylie by FanOfTill Commission - Game cards 2 by FanOfTill Commission - Game cards 3 by FanOfTill

Commission - Density Manipulator by FanOfTill Commission - no end by FanOfTill Commission - Vadum armored by FanOfTill Commission - Vadum the Warrior by FanOfTill

Please send me a note if you like my work.
Best regards and have a wonderful day.
This site is probably not a deep source for the kind of art you want. They are on the web but not heavily represented here. I suggest you poke around the comic hosting sites and other webcomics and contact the ones that interest you. Many years ago I contacted an artist from one of those sites who drew in a Peter Bagges style, but was technically better. I don't remember his name though or if he is still drawing. Most of those guys ate very interested in a paying gig, but you have to seek them out.
Thanks for the tip. Searching now... if you happen to remember any of the sites you used to find a cartoonist it would be a huge help!
It was the Webcomicslist, but it is a ghost site. Apparently,it died 5 years ago. But looking around I would say the site you want is Reddit.