Wanted - Comic Book Artist ~$50 Per Page

Hello everyone, I am looking for an artist to do pencils and inks for 5 pages of a B&W horror comic set in the early 1900's. This comic is a horror story, in the vein of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or if you prefer, the mythos tales of Lovecraft, Carter, and Howard. 

The current plan is to try Kickstarting this comic, hence the five pages to start with. If that is unsuccessful, i will still likely self finance the project - labor of love and all. Regardless though, there will be another 85 pages of work to be done down the road. Though at this time I only require the five pages, I am only interested in artists who are interested in doing the entire piece. 

The project will be work for hire, with a budget of around $50 a page (via PayPal;) for great work I am willing to dig deep and pay a little extra, but there limits. If you can letter too, I am willing to pay extra for that skill, otherwise I will find someone to do that after the fact. In the event that the Kickstarter does gang busters as they sometimes do, the comic might be colored in a stylized way, so styles that this could work with are important, but that is not the deciding factor. Work history or references demonstrating experience with large projects or deadlines are also desired but not required. 

I am not looking for a cover artist at this time, but will be looking to spend a few hundred dollars on that in the coming months; if you would like to respond to this ad in that capacity, feel free - but please be patient. 

What I want from anyone interested in doing the above described  black and white sequential pages is for you is for you to email me at caffeineforge@gmail.com with: a link to the relevant work, desired page rate, experience or references (if any,) and if you like, a reasonably sized attachment or two of your best work. Very large emails (more than a megabyte or two) are not treated kindly by gmail. 

I will respond to all queries, even if it is with a polite no thank you. I hope to find an artist who is a good fit within the next week or two, and then start on the art straight away.

Thank you,
David
Comments30
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
We are a studio of artists. work on Marvel, DC, zenoscope, bluewatersprod, markosia and others.
We deliver work on time.
We are reliable.
We have translators for our artists.
Accepted forms of payment in wester union and paypal.
We can do your project.
my artists comics studio art/inker/colors and letters:
Carlos Paul ( dynamite,marvel,zenoscope)
[link]
Edson Alves( zenoscope)
[link]
Elias Martins
[link]
Fabio Jansen( marvel,dc comic,zenoscope)
[link]
Marco Santiago:
[link]
Ricardo teles:
[link]
colors:
renan moraes:
[link]
Thanks
pencilbluestudio@gmail.com
i am a sequential artist out of michigan .please note me if your interested. thanks
Hello

My name is Yoncho Yonchev and I am a freelance illustrator . I am interested in your job post. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Thank you
Hi, I'm very interest, I have long time experience doing commissions as free-lance artist (traditional art, digital art, comic pages, illustrations, designs, etc), here're some examples of my work:

In case you want to contact me you can either drop a note or my email me at:
yuuko.kitten@gmail.com

Thank you
I find it a little funny that I am still getting so much mail from this post after I declared that the position was filled. I expect to put up a new post in the not so distant future for a cover artist, until then feel free to take a look at the promotional art we just posted at caffeineforge.com

Panels to follow next week.
People do not read all the posts. some at least. ;) Good luck on ks!
hi , i interested my art is perfect for this proyect , please check my gallery. [link]
Come around to my youtube channel there show some speed painting [link]
Interesting, my work can been seen here. Thanks. :)
Interesting, my work can been seen here. Thanks. :)
interested, mail sent
Hello, I so interest with the project.
please, see my sample artwork.

note me for to know my rate and if you think i fit with you are looking for.

you can also email me at : knightsham@gmail.com

thank you
hello,,im a a illustrator from the philippines and been engaged in comic books and illustrated
graphic novels for years,,pls see my gallery for my sample works ,,thanks
Hi,

I'm interested.
Just sent you an email
Hello Just sent you an Email.
im a comix illustrator and im interested , pls visit my gallery or e-mail me at jun.borjal@yahoo.com
I am very pleased by the outpouring of interest, and the speed at which it was received. I am no longer seeking more applicants, and will make a choice among those that have applied in the coming days. Thank you for all the interest.

It is possible that I will be seeking a letterer again in the coming weeks, and a cover artist in the coming months, but consider the interior artist position filled.
I've sent you a detailed e-mail.
Question, what type of horror do you have in mind? :D
The horror in this project is tasteful, and might best be described as monster of the week. A couple people die, there is some violence at points of narrative climax, but by and large the horror will be exemplified by the ambience and tone of the plot.