Picture Skins

Here's a hot topic: What are your thought on picture skins, particularly on WA Classic, since thats the application where we see them most. A lot of users submit picture skins, and others can't stand 'em. Please post your views, as these will affect my decision on whether or not to allow them, or to perhaps have a separate gallery for them.

A picture skin is a skin that has one picture or image spanning a large section of the skin, with original graphics for certain elements of the skin, such as control buttons and displays and so on. However, you may not use images whose copyright you do not own - failure to comply with this regulation will lead to your deviation being deleted.
Comments8
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
dude lame... bad move... booo-urns!

take that stupid shit off the site. Defend ART where you can man, stand up and do it right!
I agree with the copyright violation, on nearly all picture skins.
If there is little skinning and just an insertion of a 'babe' it's not much of a skin and the amount of downloads will will tell the story.
I'd like to extend this discussion to the question of Windows Logon screens. Lately all the logon skins being submitted to the gallery just have pictures of babes with little or no other skinning effort put in. Should these be removed?
Well, that was one of the reasons why I stopped looking for bootscreens and logon screens. The majority was just too sloppily and quickly made (and ugly).

That makes me thinking: if taking a photo of any babe from somewhere on the net and make a boot/logonscreen out if it, isn't that breaking the copyright policy anyway?
I don't exactly like that type of skin. Usually those aren't easy to use. Some of them have good looking women on them though, but that's only good thing about such skins imo.

Separating them would probably be good so people who want such skins can easily browse through the selection. Doesn't really matter to me though as I don't usually to browse through the skins gallery.