Who likes Vaporwave and other neo-80s themed Music???

I listen to vapor wave all day sometimes???
Comments17
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I find Vapourwave weird, it try rewoke a Nostalgia for 80's, but i don't even experienced the 80's. It is sort of zoomer thing with Lo-fi hiphop.
Don't get me wrong, I like Synthizers, but I like it with other instruments, and not over an already existing composition, that happens to be complete chewed up by random.
I'm not a big fan of Vaporwave but its style just make some songs better.

Example

AWOLNATION - Sail  www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yN0LL…

Vaporwave just make the song sadder for me.

The Police - Every Breath you take www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfgXnL…

Good stuffs.
These guys are taking the genre in new directions : thegnosis.bandcamp.com/
I don't really like the most popular genre of Vaporwave, as it feels too dry, but I do love the more experimental Vaporwave tracks that feel darker, and more psychedelic like runescape斯凱利 - 我擊中了13點傷害,生活再次感覺良好 , S L e e P y - twofold, and MILLENNIAL DREAM CORP. - OPRAH愛してる

Love synth wave, so many great new bands out there. Carpenter Brut definitely a favourite.
Synthwave is my fav music ever. I'm not a fan of vaporwave though, it sounds like elevator music and doesn't generate any images in my head, it's just background noise for me. Anyway, I especially like Dark synth, that kinda synthwave influenced by 80s horror and thriller movies/soundtracks, it's more energetic and moody than other kinds of the genre:

There's also another kind of synthwave I really dig, I dunno if it has a specific label, it seems more 70s synthesizer themed and has a french vibe to it, can't explain exactly why that is but it feels to me that way:
It's a style which has grown old. It's heyday is behind it.
Great recommend!
I'm in love with Synthwave =p But it feels like it's turning pretty popular these days.
I'm more into synthwave. But there is probably a few vaporwave songs thrown into the hour-long youtube videos that I listen too. 

I just don't like sampling very much. It makes it sound less fluid, and quite frankly reminds me a little too much about that period of time in the 2000s where there was an oversaturation of autotune. Autotune like sampling is okay in small doses. But vaporwave often crosses my threshold.
I don't like vaporwave.

But I do listen to some Synthwave and Darkwave.
Vaporwave is pretentious hipster crap.
And stop putting question marks at the end of everything you post. It’s unnecessary and makes you look like even more of a fucking idiot than you already are
It's arguably far more pretentious to go on this big thing against it. It's just music.

Well I know what I like

I do and I don't.

Vaporwave will never be my favorite type of music, I'll never just put it on to listen to. That being said, I've found that it is the perfect music for me to write to. When I'm trying to craft words, I can't listen to anything that has lyrics, so what does that leave me? I don't enjoy writing to classical, finding the right jazz to write to can take all day and ambient just makes me zone out and get nothing done. 

My fingers fly across the keyboard while I'm listening to vaporwave. Or better yet, horrorwave.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rpbzp…