If You Were...

If you were to listen to old music you loved as a child, but find yourself cringing from it now, what song would it be? Personally, it's hard for me to pinpoint since there are still great songs out there.
Comments7
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
The answer is Simple Plan. I did love them as a kid and I do cringe at them now. Doesn't matter what song- just pick one from their first two albums.

shifty eyes 

The song is 'Welcome to my life'. 
First one to come to mind... GnR "Sweet Child o' Mine". It's not a bad song, but it got seriously overplayed and I got sick of it. And then Guitar Hero or Rock Band or whatever came out and that killed it even more.
When I was little: Can't Smile Without You by Barry Manilow, Stayin' Alive by Bee Gees, Minute by Minute by Doobie Brothers(I was 6-8 yrs old when those tunes came out)

Teenager: Michael Jackson, Bryan Adams, Lionel Richie, and Madonna. All of their music makes me cringe when I hear it now! 

Young adult: Pearl Jam(all of their music), Spin Doctors(Two Princes), RH Chili Peppers(all of theirs) are the most cringe- worthy now! 
Probably something like Extreme or C+C Music Factory lol. A lot of my early music memories are of Michael Jackson, Cyndi Lauper, Madonna, stuff like that, but I think it's mostly all OK, not really high cringe.
Not so much childhood music per say but music I enjoyed when I was young and not so much cringe as being irritated by but Wonderwall by Oasis and Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve come to mind. They just sound unbearably whiny and one note.

I can agree with you on Wonderwall. It sounds very flat at times and monotonous.