♫ The Strange Music Taste Thread ♪

Comment hidden
Comments80
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Tiny Tim: youtu.be/26HsSzFX_ok?t=13
I know him from his appearances on Laugh-In, but you may know him best through this song, which was featured in the very first Spongebob.
Unless you're an AC (Animal Crossing) fan, or you like hearing a synthetic voice singing absolute nonsense, I question if other people would like this (idk; it's interesting to say the least):

I don't know if this counts as strange,but i like a lot Russian rock and metal,some of them  are not too mainstream in the West.
Coldstrim: I've found this band some years ago on Instagram and their songs are very catchy:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN4oqB…
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pjDjV…

Tenochtitlan: This is a Russian band that makes songs in Russian and Nahuatl.Their lyrics are about aztec mythology:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx9HD8…
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOVGsm…

Imperial Age: Another band i've found on Instagram,most of their songs are in English but they have one in Russian.They make symphonic metal and their lyrics are abouth mythology,ancient civilisations,cryptology...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BSELJ…
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTenny…
"frankie teardrop" by Suicide.

I listened to that vinyl from the beginning to the end and i never forgot it. And I think this LP is one of the reasons i fell in love with vinyls. I downloaded it,listened to it but it was not the same vibe than the vinyl.

While listening to frankie I had chills,my hair rose on my head like i was Goku,at some points I felt like screaming and crying. But I managed not to show any emotion to the people I was with.
youtu.be/GOzwOeONBhQ

I enjoy music like this. I don't know why but it's kinda catchy even if it sounds creepy. It's also "sang" by a text-to-speech program (MacInTalk) which is kinda cool.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqFWf4bb9d0

I really like this song and the energy it has a lot and I could listen to it on repeat, but I wouldn't be surprised if no one I know would like it
Diamanda Galas' "This Is The Law Of The Plague."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEKuX8…

The sheer bizarre avalanche impact of it has always fascinated me (and has driven more people out of my room than anything else).
Listening to Diamanda galas music is like watching a good 80s slasher movie ... 
This is quite enjoyable!  A festive and timely offering. Really, I'd much rather listen to the weirdest stuff than most syrupy #1 records! Still listening ... she just started channeling Yoko!! UNCLEAN!!!

She recorded it inside an abandoned cathedral. If you don't mind getting firebombed by your neighbors, crank up the speakers.

Oh, and love your name.

Celldweller - Switchback (1999 Early Demo ver.) 
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqg877…

cause i love the intro of this song.
That's pretty much my entire relationship with the band Showbread :D (Big Grin) . 

Here's Dead by Dawn
So hard to choose, half of the stuff in my music collection would clear a room if I played it. I guess I would pick this one.

Batman by Naked City
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc-7BH…

This is one among many bands saxophonist John Zorn had in the 80s and 90s and its one of my personal favorites.
Its jazzy, it rocks, its weird, its extremely quirky and avant garde, but it never stops gets boring.
This
Not in like a "huh, ok, I kinda like this" way
Honestly it feels like shooting straight happiness and nostalgia into my brain
Reminds me of when I used to play on my DS and play Webkinz after eating fruit snacks
And this one too for the same reason
www.youtube.com/watch?v=974TXF…

The chaotic/experimental nature of the song breathes freshness in a rather growing monotony of trap beats & recycled samples
I've been listening a lot to this band lately (Army Of Lovers): youtu.be/ptfZ3IPkAOY (My cousin thinks I'm weird for liking them :XD: revamp )

I mostly like it because of the androgynous singer in the music video. I'm not going to lie, he's really hot! :fire: 

As for rating your music that you shared, it's alright! I like orchestral stuff like that, so I give it a 7.5/10!
Comment hidden

That's understandable. XP

And no problem!

i know that some other people enjoy this as well but none of my friends do so i'm counting it.
i can't quite quite explain why i like it, it just gives me this strange feeling of helplessness.

I usually prefer  punk/hard rock and metal but this song is amazing, I've been listening to it nonstop for the past week (the acoustic version is my favorite
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlLiwY…
I came across this a few years ago and I have no idea what he is saying, what it is about or anything but it puts a smile on my face and I love it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlW7T0…
Comment hidden