music genres that you love

Opposite of my other threads. Just music genres you like and your most favourite.

Jazz. I just really like jazz. I also like it in video games and shows, etc. 

Anything along the lines of; hardcore, darkcore, electro, techno, breakbeat, jungle and drum n bass. It's pretty obscure stuff I only could have found through YouTube. I usually don't mention this, because I just know someone who grew up with this stuff in the 90s would give me shit for liking it. I was born in the 90s and may not remember it, but I found a music genre that I like.

I also like scary music, like the stuff you hear out of Silent Hill. 

Any kind of old music. There's some stuff I like, there's some stuff I don't.
Comments32
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Varying degrees of emo-, post-, skater-, stoner-, pop-punk
Bonus points if it has a big heavy repetitive drumline

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioMuDd…
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrYH-T…
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZiXwt…
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV6I3h…
oh my god this is another *really* good trip hop song. all of degihuegi's endless smile is really good. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg1HlZ…
bass (esp on the weird filthy side (tipper [dave tipper], space jesus, milano, ganja white night is a classic too, super rhythmic stuff, and the more polished emotional stuff like zeds dead), the wave genres, chillhop, trip hop, some types of alternative (tame impala, neigbourhood, alt-j, glass animals, crooked colours), lately some stuff like sam gellaitry, pyrmdplaza's sluush, otxhello's drop it, emancipator's albums r really good, synth/retrowave stuff like mr. kitty [after dark is a good start], etc.). dnmo and sub urban's broken, otis mcdonald's treat me this way, eden's drugs for one of the ones that hits me hard emotionally, etc. skeler is a really good wave artist.

some interesting bass songs i listen to on occassion r dmvu & tvboo - eat my sass, and madhatter! - surrender to the flow.

there r fucking so many more i just jotted a few down quick. i will listen to music for like half of each day sometimes the whole day, every day so i listen to stuff in waves and tons of stuff. 

if anyone wants some suuuuuper dope trip hop lemme know. i already listed a ton of stuff.

oh i forgot chelou for alt.

Oh I like trip hop. :D

isso gooooood \(^0^)/

Metal
Synthwave
Humor

Dance With The Dead was best thing youtube suggested me back in 2017.. i think.
my top 3 favs are rock,heavy metal and pop
Power metal in particular, but also prog rock, punk, ska, and a bit of techno and classical here and there.
animenz is a genre
I love all genres from splitcore to chiptunes, to synthwave, or drumnbass / neurofunk, video game music, movie ost, classical, rap, hiphop, punk, post punk, black, death, metal, split, speed, grind, screamcore, screamo, emo, speedo, shoegaze, breakbeat, breakcore, big beat, hardcore,  nightcore, lolicore, trapcore, hardcore techno, frenchcore, frenchfries, frenchtek, hardtek, to just mere pop music, like electro pop, french pop, brit pop, synth pop I also like , fusion, I like all kinds of wave, vaporwave, new wave, dark wave, pizzawave, electrowave, edm, hardstyle, hard renaissance,orchestral hardcore, classical hardcore, symphonic hardcore, gothic hardcore, future bass, hi tech, techno, house, freestyle, gabber, trap, darktrap, jazz, free jazz, bebop, electroswing, afro beat, funk, soul, rnb, rythm n blues, blues, dancehall, crossbreed, artcore, psytrance, trance, darkpsy, dark trance, psycore, psytrap,  traptrap, corecore, tech core, future core; I also listen to bassh house dubstep darkstep, dubcore, dub, reagae, ragga core, trance core, jumpstyle, mashcore, but also tribe, tribecore, or noise, or ultratone, or concrete music, asmr, or silence, horrorcore, lo-fi, grunge, krautrock, bassmetal, trashmetal, speed metal, rockabily, orchestral rock, ska, regaeton, calypso, rocksteady, early dancehall, dancecore, tektonik, or folk, or celtic, or traditional musics, or witch house, deep house, chilltrap, chill house, lounge, elevator music, meditation music, dream, cold wave, gothic rock,

to name a few

Wow that is a lot.

I love rock and metal
I love Heavy Metal, Classic Rock, Industrial, EBM, Dark Electro, Post-Punk, Darkwave, Synthpop, 80s pop music.

I like 80s pop too. Also is Industrial like what Silent Hill's music is

anything punk really (punk rock, pop punk..), J-Rock, J-Metal, and generally all types of rock and most of metal (I just don't like black, stoner and doom metal), though I also like other genres like indie, and electronic

There used to be a music programme that played real early in the morning that played indie music or obscure music. I miss it a lot, now.

Yeah, I feel like the radio just plays the same mainstream music over and over again, despite the fact that like 10 other stations were already playing that song. Like when High Hopes from P!atD came out, it was playing on every pop and rock station and as a result you coolant go through a single car ride without hearing that song.

It was probably the same thing back in the day but music sucks now anyway

Like I liked music back in the 2000s but somewhere I then stopped liking it. Probably about 2007 or 2008

80s, 90s and 2000s music. Also like a few 2010s songs, but mostly from earlier in the decade.

Where I live, everything succumbed to rap and auto-tune music in the late 2010s. So most new stuff over here to me is just utter crap.
Pop-Punk, Skater punk, Post-Hardcore. Anything along those lines. Yes, this includes both definitions of ‘emo’.

Show tunes. I’ve actually have gone to more musicals than I have gone to concerts. From ‘Oliver!’ to ‘Wicked’ it all started when I was 5 and fell in love with the Disney films ‘The Lion King’ and ‘Mary Poppins’. I now have seen both on stage.

Synthwave, Darkwave and New Wave. Those cover the electronic music that I like. Sort of goth sort of not. Sort of dark sort of light. Started with the likes of ‘Muse’ and ‘Blaqk Audio’ ended with...well it hasn’t ended yet I’ve fallen hard with Synthwave and I blame Stranger Things.