music genres that you hate

Or don't like or are your least favourite etc.

I don't like heavy metal. It all souds so angry, like it sounds like they want to eat me. The drums are too intense, too.

Also don't like all that grunge music and rock from the 90s tbh. What you so angry about?

Pretty much all pop music. Rarely there'll be a song that I'm okay with but they all sound the same. Sounds the same with any genre but it is for me. I started dislking a lot of pop music back in the mid 2000s, especially by intermediate school where kids would give me a hard time if I even liked a Rihanna song. Well jokes on them anyway, I don't like that stuff. 

Dubstep. Just sounds like a lamer version of drum n bass really.
Comments177
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
95 percent of rap / hiphop
modernday/mainstream pop
christian contemporary
country
whatever taylor swift is
uhhhhhhhh

Oh my god I disliked Taylor Swift's music for such a long time

Screamo, country, jazz, most rap.
I hate anime idol music, I know people would hate me for this but it sounds so cringey for me. It annoys me every time I hear it from people :')
Trap

Because imo, it has no impact. The beats sounds so lightweight. The hats do most of the work, and the kick and snare is too sparse for me.
The drum sounds are also light, and don't deliver the same impact and heaviness as other genres like rock and trailer/soundtrack music.
The lyrics don't make it any better. In my opinion; trap is a pure edgelord genre for teenagers
I cannot stand most rap songs, and there are very very few I actually like. It's kinda unfortunate though cause where I live literally everyone listens to rap and has the same stupid beat blasting through their Airpods and I think part of me dies inside everytime I hear it. (And you'd think the popular genre would be country cause I live in Texas but nooope)

Oh, and speaking of country, I don't really like that either. Sure, I don't hate it as much as rap, but tune into literally any country station and 99% of the songs will sound the exact same. Same instruments. Same kind of vocals. Just everything is the exact same.

Anyway, anyway, last one: most modern pop songs on the radio/all of those mixes of pop and rap. Most pop songs I hear on the radio all have the same format and you can almost tell that the person/people who made it didn't have a single drop of passion. Oh, and I said before that I hate rap, so the awful lab-experiment mixtures? Throw them in the garbage please.
I do not like most forms of rap, most forms of country, most forms of pop, black metal, and basically I do not like a lot of music. Especially opera. I want it to die and be forgotten. 

I do like most Hair Metal, most Hard Rock, most Rock N' Roll, and a little bit of country. I do like imagine dragons though. (I did make sure the first 3 genres where different things and based of of what I read they are basically the same thing but each is a little different) 

Favorite bands:

Imagine Dragons
Twisted Sister
AD/DC
Guns N' Roses
For me it is hard to hear rock, heavy metal. This is not mine at all. I am not a music lover at all. I listen to what is on the radio most often, in the hit parades and so on. Sometimes I wanna listen to classics and it's inexplicable feeling of pleasure for me
I love listening to pop music, the deep, soothing melody, especially this song: beltonengratis.net/pop/giving-…
I do have a song I hate with a burning passion: Shake it Off - Taylor Swift

I don't like any of her songs at all.

Anything really slow and boring. Also opera. Opera makes my ears bleed
any country music where the twang is off the charts

pop music with that signature "contemporary late two thousands slow pop" accent to its singer. lauhve. lauhve all the time
to add to that, slow pop music in general. it's such a drudge.

idk a lot of stuff from the seventies just doesn't vibe with me

i'm pretty alright with metal, actually. 
Gangster Rap, and a lot of rap/hiphop in general, rap/hiphop was originally a protest movement, but it is sort of hard to imagine when billionaires rap how their life is on the street, and the poor rappers rap about the Lamborghini he don't have. It is kinda like Punk, but somehow turned into über Commercial nightmare.

Neonazi/alt-right Punk Rock/metal
Yes, those genres that exist, It is basically propaganda, someone put a beat to.
I am not that into metal and punk scene, but they aren't popular genres, thankfully.

Lo-fi hiphop/ambience
I like composing songs, and do a bit of generative electronic music. I can play violin. I tell you something Ambience and accords is not difficult to make sound decent, playing/making melodies and following the rhythm however.
I guess it's not exactly a genre, but I just can't listen to Christian Metal. 
I mean... nothing against religion, just the people, but it's soooo cringe for me to listen to them screaming "JESUUUUS"
Oh my god same! I thought I was the only one!
When it comes to music I happen to be pretty open minded except for:

1. Black Metal Nazi songs. I will never again listen to singers that sing about doing the utmost horrible things unto jews and christians and their angels and gods. I however like listening to suicidal depressive black metal because most of it is instrumental as well as black metal music that sings about other things such as the typical “I am so lonely and depressed that I love being in the dark!”

2. Rap music “artists” that rap about well.....the usual that is having sex, drugs, crime, and money. Now I know that their are tons of other rap artists that sing about plenty of other things but since my ears simply cannot handle rapping I unfortunately will never be able to get into anything rap.

3. Religious music that sings about how everyone is going to go to a bad place full of torment after they die if they don’t accept whatever blahdy blah blah deity as their lord, master, and savior. Now I will and do listen to uplifting songs such as “be not afraid” and “O father O satan O sun” and the like because they don’t sing about people being damned into eternal torment.

4. I happen to be 50/50 on pop music because I happen to like a bunch of songs by Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, and britney spears.

5. Dubstep music. The whole “wub wub wub wub” noise makes my skull vibrate too much.

6. I will never listen to any country music except for the scary songs like “ghost riders in the sky!” or “phantom 309”.

7. Classical music I will listen to if it is in a minor key.

8. Oldie rock music/blues I will listen to if it is in a minor key.

9. I will never listen to jazz music no thanks to that Saxaphone!
1. Black Metal Nazi songs. I will never again listen to singers that sing about doing the utmost horrible things unto jews and christians and their angels and gods. I however like listening to suicidal depressive black metal because most of it is instrumental as well as black metal music that sings about other things such as the typical “I am so lonely and depressed that I love being in the dark!”
-
At least you're consistent about it. I will never understand people who hate NSBM but will listen to black metal about massacring Christians all day. Why is it somehow worse when the target is Jews?

Thank you. The only reason I can see is that the Jews have been severely persecuted throughout history and so people wanna keep them as safe as possible nowadays. But, I am simply guessing here, as how a NSBM would react if they saw our comments, “oh the christians! The christians are the scum of the planet because they wiped out the ancients that our dear lord Satan used to rule over and continuously harass poor Satan and lie about him being pure evil and so we have to sing about doing the utmost horrible things unto them because they deserve it!! We need to return this planet to our dear lord Lucifer!!” Other than that I have no clue.

Early black metal bands were anti-Christian because Christianity was a Jewish religion that replaced their pagan roots - they were all crypto Nazis who used Satanism to scare Christians.

Agree to most of this.