Fan mail

I really wanted to write and mail a fan letter to one of my favorite bands. Maybe it's stupid and they'd probably never actually read it (they're not huge, but they're not unknown, either), but I wanted to thank them for their music helping me get through my illnesses. But I don't seem to be able to find any address to write to. Is fan mail a thing of the past? Do people just @ their favorite bands on Twitter now?
Comments9
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Just write to them. You never know what could happen. I wrote to the bassist, Hunter, from my favorite band "AFI" on Facebook and he responded to me. It was the greatest thing ever! Totally made my day.  <3 
I used to write to someone as a project for school, but I never received any letter back. Other kids did thought.
The best thing to do is try. You never know what could happen.
I'm sorry you never received a letter back at school, though. That wasn't very nice. 
Is fan mail a thing of the past?

Yes, it is.  People tweet @ their favorite bands all the time, but the best way to say thanks and spread word of a good album is through a positive album review.  Don't overthink it- just say how their music has positively impacted you. :#1:
hey friend, great to see ya back here!

and I think you should do it! I bet the'd love to see it!
sometimes it can be done via email, do they have a site? maybe they are on a social media site(s)  people still do fan something, from twitter to whatever platform they are on.  but fan mail hasn't changed any, just don't do "snail mail" that much anymore.  probably price of stamp(s) and safety of person (band/singer)