Which Singer/band do you find overrated?

Hello all, hope that you are all well?

I have a question for you all out of all the artists/bands which do find the most overrated?

Here's a list of my please give me your reasons.

One Justin Bieber one of the reasons why I don't like this brat is because he is a show-off and he just can sing.

Two Ed Sheeran my main dislike of this artist is the fact that he steals other artists lyrics.

Three KISS what can I say about this band apart from the fact that most of the members are getting on now? Also, in their work in the '90s and earlier 2000s, they sexualized women
Comments51
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Marylin Manson. The overhype of his "originality" is beyond words.
He should've just stuck to making beats. They fucked up the moment they gave him a microphone.
I have a few...

For starters The Struts are very overrated, the reason I feel this way is cause the only real reason they're rising in popularity is because they preformed with Kesha, and the fact that I just think their music isn't as good as they make it out to be...

Taylor Swift is another one who is waaaay too overrated, I'm shocked no one is bored of her, she's still sorta writing the same I love him/he's now a jerk songs...

And I'll top this off with Justin Bieber, his voice is kinda annoying to me and the fact that he's kind of a dick makes me not like him.
Gonna bring up ones no one mentioned yet:

Muse. Never understood why they are so popular. They just sound boring to me. :/
Early Scandinavian black metal bands,for I can't stand most of their ideologies except heathenry.
Never cared all that much for KISS either.
While I do love a couple of their songs, a lot their other ones tend to sound the same after a while.
I can't stand Justin Bieber (my sister use to like him so I use to tick her off by calling him Justin Beaver).
Also don't like Nicki Minaj, One Direction, Katy Perry, Sia, Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, Meghan Trainor (that song about that bass really would irritate me, I compare it to nails on a chalkboard). and Rihanna.
I actual don't listen to a lot of modern big hits, cause I can't stand most of them, they don't give meaning to music anymore, they appeal to people with repetitive noise and sometimes they even use sexual appeal. Most of them sound really similar.
Cardi B.
Can't stand her at all. 🤣😑
She is really awful.

I mean, her personality alone fails to draw me in but her approach to rap, timing, tone and rhythm are shit.
I don't get the hype for Ed Sheeran
His music just feels like the same old, sappy love song over and over. "Castle on the Hill" is the only song of his that doesn't bore me. (I admit I do have a cover of "Shape of You" on my iPod, though - but that's just because said cover was by my favorite band, tbh) Don't even get me started on "Thinking Out Loud" because everything about that song gives me a headache I hate it so god damn much-

And I really don't like Alanis Morisette (or however the hell you spell it) either
IDK I just... I don't like her musical style or singing
In my opinion, these artists are very overrated and I don't like their music.

Ariana Grande
Justin Bieber
Linkin' Park
J-Lo
Limp Bizkit
Korn
Almost every single hair metal band in the 80s. Just complete garbage.
Comment Flagged as Spam
sometimes garbage tastes good
Katy Perry, Not a fan of her. And partly because of her first album under the Katy Perry name.
Nirvana, the music was medicore at best, and marketed to death.
Greta Van Fleet. I get that people want something different from the usual, but I find the singer's voice to be irritating and their music is meh in my book. They're trying too hard to be like a seventies band. 
All todays pop/mainstream music sucks.
80's mainstream at least had some class
Adele - hollow voice with all show but little actual soul.

Lady Gaga - irritating vocal sound.

Gwen Stefani - about as falsely sweet and toxic as a plastic toy thrown into the ocean.

Sia - Rihanna knockoff.

Rihanna - annoying vocal style.

Hozier - false deep voice isn't fooling me.

John Legend - too many vocal gymnastics, not enough actual soul. He is a bland paper cut-out compared to the people he tries to imitate.
"Sia - Rihanna knockoff."

Sia came first. She started in the 90s. She's also better than Ri in my opinion. If we're talking ripoffs, effing Alessia should be mentioned.
Sia's vocals changed and weren't as deep sounding before she became mainstream.
Her first international hit was before Rihanna hit mainstream. Sia has written songs for famous people like Rihanna.
Her voice had always a big range, she can both sound like Rihanna, but also Adele and Beyoncé. Not man can pull that off.
She's had hits before but her mainstream breakthrough was Chandelier. I only listened to her occasionally before but enough to hear the difference. Her voice, stylistically, is different to what it was before. There's something of an accent she's developed lately that's very reminiscent of Rihanna's that makes me think she's mimicking her.