My Very Unpopular Music Related Opinions

Saw this going on in the Gaming forums, so I decided to start one here since it might be fun! :D Please don't bash or make fun of my or anyone's opinions here. Feel free to post your own too!

Anyways, here we go:

~ Black, Death, and any form of extreme metal is fun to listen to. You just need to find the right bands that suit you.
~ GWAR is still good even with the new singer.
~ Pete Burns was an amazing singer. He's not the nicest of people, but he had a very powerful voice. With that in mind, his band "Dead or Alive" should have had more success. 
~ Erasure > Pet Shop Boys > Depeche Mode
~ Speaking of which, Erasure is actually a fantastic band.
~ ALSO SPEAKING OF WHICH, Erasure's song "La Gloria" is actually amazing.
~ Gorillaz is still good after all these years.
~ Video Game soundtracks can and should rival mainstream music.
~ Cardi b is trash.
~ Trap Music < Literally any form of music, even danger music is better.
~ A lot of lesser known metal bands are better than current mainstream metal bands.
~ Katy Perry's older material > Her newer material.
~ Tyler the Creator, Joji, and Eminem are the only good rappers we have in this current generation.
~ Soulja Boy needs to stay irrelevant.
~ Electronic music does have emotion and soul, you just need to find the right bands and musicians.
~ I actually like Five Finger Death Punch.
~ I don't care that Tekashi 6ix9ine is a meme, he needs to be put in jail ASAP for what he has done.
~ Vaporwave is actually good.
~ Bubblegum Dance bands like Aqua and The Vengaboys are actually fun to listen to, not cringy (With a few exceptions).
~ Canadian music is good, you just need to find the right bands and musicians.
~ Hevisaurus is still enjoyable even though the band is aimed at children.
~ Bands who were costumes (Like GWAR, Hevisaurus, and The Cartoons) do make great music.
~ I always hated Justin Bieber's music since day one.
~ One Direction should have never happened.
And lastly: ~ Some songs that are considered "Memes" are not all terrible garbage. There are a number of meme songs that are actually fantastic to listen to.

Some of these are not that unpopular, but I know I've argued with all of  them in the past with friends. 

Feel free to comment or add your own unpopular opinions regarding music here! :D
Comments111
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
If you try you'll find at least one song u like in every genre
I totally agree with this! When I was younger, I was scared of every metal related genre. However, since last year I have created a great metal playlist all for myself from Glam metal to Death metal! :D
The legions upon legions of R&B and Rap fans have been feed the image of Tupac as THE ULTIMATE SUPERTHUG...many of whom tried to base their careers and their lives after him.

If they ever found out the TRUTH of the kind of man he actually was...boy, a LOT of people are going to be HEARTBROKEN! :D
The Supremes were a much better group AFTER Diana Ross left. In fact, Diana was the WEAKEST vocalist in the whole group. There is only ONE REASON why Berry Gordy chose her over all the others...and it had NOTHING to do with talent.
Oh look, a fellow Five Finger Death Punch fan!
And I also like some "meme" songs, and I like listening to video game OST's
Yay! :D

Glad to see we have similar tastes! :D
Rolling Stones's "Sympathy for the Devil" is a fun enough song until that guitar solo comes in. That tone is fucking annoyingly atrocious.
I actually checked out the song again just for kicks, and I do see your point with the guitar solo. Hell, I honestly don't remember the guitar solo the last time I listened to it. :P
every single genre has good artists.
american football arent emo.
myspace was a great thing for music.
music has only improved with time, people are conveniently forgetting that terrible music has always gotten popular.
>~ Katy Perry's older material > Her newer material.
>~ I don't care that Tekashi 6ix9ine is a meme, he needs to be put in jail ASAP for what he has done.

Wait, those are unpopular opinions, and people don't like the tea that you've made?
From where I am, those are unpopular opinions based on all the different arguments I had with them at school. People still praise Katy Perry's newer work, and the people at my school love Tekashi 6ix9ine for real. Hell, I saw a couple of people dress up as him at my school on Halloween. :/

I don't get it either.
Is it me, or are people seriously idolizing sexual predators and other awful people in trap rap nowadays?
It's not just you. I noticed this for about a year now. It's sad. :( Why are people so lazy to search for actual positive singers to look up too? Is it because all the bad ones are in the mainstream and liking someone who is not popular will get you made fun of?
This makes me miss the good old days of Macklemore.
Yes, Depeche Mode at it's best sounds like Pet Shop Boys. Many people thoughts Enjoy The Silence is PSB song.
Really? Honestly, I could always they the difference between the two since Neil Tennant has a very specific "singing" voice. Depeche Mode's percussion is also very specific as well. So I never get them mixed up.
I can't hear difference of Neil Tennant and this guy: youtu.be/1tCrnyTdsO4
I actually can. Neil Tennant has a specific British accent (New Castle or Northtumberland accent? I don't know which one but it's very noticeable he has one). It's soft, delicate, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but it also sounds somewhat "gay", which I think is the reason why Pet Shop Boys were always considered a gay band even before Neil came out in 1994. (No offence to gay people by the way, heck, I'm bi myself. Its just honestly how I think of Neil's voice.)

This song you just sent me sort of baffled me at first. It's literally just a Finnish version of West and Girls with a different name. Now, as for the differences, this singer has a Finnish accent. Finnish accents, for me, always makes the person sound like he's younger compared to his or her own age. I'm going to assume the singer here was at least 25 years old, because the voice makes him sound like he's 18 or 19. It's not soft like Neil's, but it definitely sounds "young".

But yeah, those are the key differences between the two in my opinion. One sounds soft while the other one sounds young.
It was kind of parody made by pseudonym "Mies Ja Elämä" alias Jori Hulkkonen, well known house music DJ and producer. He is not so young, he is born in 1973. He was over thirty when he made that funny cover.
Really now? Very interesting. Was he the one who sang in the song or was it a different individual? 
He made that all, it was meant only joke for his friends but some of them upload it on YouTube. If he was meant to publish it he would made it with better quality. He made also other (cover) song with that "Mies Ja Elämä" pseudonym. It is "Vaimon Faija" youtu.be/AO7kHQqkDoY
View all replies
Probably a truly unpopular opinion but... Whatever you think of his personality Chis De Burgh is actually a very good singer and really doesn't deserve the amount of scorn he gets.
I'm not too aware of his work so I can't really give an opinion on that.