types of anime you love?

So it's only natural to do the opposite of my thread from yesterday. Anyway, whether it's the genre or the style of animation, whether it's based on a manga or it isn't, etc. Anyway for me I'm a sucker for magical girl. It's just about those transformations and themes and attacks, I mean Cardcaptor Sakura was a game changer for me as a kid, because it was the first anime I saw as a kid where the protagonist was a female. Yeah, I didn't see Sailor Moon. I also just like any anime set in another world or along the lines of Naruto or One Piece or Fairy Tale etc. 
Comments61
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'm pretty open so long as the cast and story is good. I tend to lean more towards Shonen animes since I like Bleach and DBZ is fun. I also have my share of favorite giant robot animes that I like such as Gundam Seed, Code Geass, and Full Metal Panic (generally the ones with a military dimension where strategy is involved as opposed to mech vs. mech/monster ones).
I also like The Legend of Condor Hero. And talking of which, where do you watch videos, which are related to anime theme? What video channels do you watch about it? I've recently found pretty interesting video service called Utreon, and one specific video ( url: httрs://utreon.com/v/cnl7wKYRXBY ), which is called "I Took Quizzes to Figure out WHAT ANIME CHARACTER I Am!". It's pretty interesting and amazing how he compares himself to different anime characters.
I honestly like fanservice with a plot anime like Kill la Kill and Panty and Stocking. I did not come for the fanservice; I just enjoy them.
Panty and Stocking was hilarious. :lol:

I'm actually kinda tempted to watch Kill la Kill too. It looks pretty amusing.

If it has a plot, okay.

I love 

Historical/dramas

Wuxia

Romane

Sol/dramas(in most cases not modern Japanese school type stuff)

and

Action/adventure

My top 10 are
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Legend of condor hero

Kingdom

the twelve kingdoms

Inuyasha+Inuyasha the final act

Kemono no souja erin

Hanasakeru Seishounen

Victorian romance emma

The legend of Qin/Qin's moon

Saiunkoku monogatari

spice and wolf
I like to say I greatly enjoy the gory and dark ones. the more visceral the better. if its brutal and raw it is right up my alley. BUT, since I often struggle to find this kind of anime, I end up watching slice of life comedies :)
 Harem, ecchi, fantasy, action, thriller, psychological, horror, mystery, slice of life, comedy.

Not my favourite, but if I like the summary, i'll try: mecha, sci-fi, romance, isekai ( heck, my favourite anime is an isekai.)

No. Just No: drama, idol, sports, reverse harem, shoujo.

Here is a list of future anime releases that interest me:

- myanimelist.net/anime/39551/Te…

- myanimelist.net/anime/42203/Re…

- myanimelist.net/anime/41109/Lo…

- myanimelist.net/anime/41392/Ur…

- myanimelist.net/anime/41402/Ma…

- myanimelist.net/anime/42745/Ma…

- myanimelist.net/anime/43439/Sh…
I'm a big Anime/ Manga fan. I go for action packed series, Adventure, Comedy, Slice of Life and Mysteries. I also love "Other world" types of stories. I also love Shonen  Jump Anime! 
Mecha, Strategy and political stuff. I recently watched Code Geass and it had all three. I loved it. I really loved Gundam Wing as a child. Currently watching Inuyasha. It's not necessarily styles that I hate though I outgrew the sentimental stuff and school stuff. I generally really hate the hateable characters like Sasuke or Bakugo. Even after their supposed "redemption" arcs. They're generally one-dimensional and serve only to torment the hero in the beginning. Oftentimes they're only liked for their design.
I'm yet to see any Redeemed-Villain-slash-Rival-slash-Friend to beat Vegeta in efficiency.
Not even Kaiba (since he's not really a villain, lol).
And definitely not Shitsuke McGaypanties.
Eh, mainly the stuff from the late 70's/80's. I got into the bootleg scene right about that time in the late 80's when the economic boom of Japan was winding down, and it's fascinating to see the differences. 
battle shonen with slice of life in it and ecchi harems with non-generic protagonists
Ones that break away from cliches and formulaic narratives that rely on character archetypes. Death Note, Great Pretender, FMAB, Cowboy Bebop, and Samurai Champloo are my favs.
I personally like more adult series, I like the art styles but enjoy more complex and realistic stories, like e.g. Ghost in the Shell, Paranoia Agent, and so on. Something that happens to be anime but where the main/only appeal isn't just that it's anime.
For a long time I didn't call Studio Ghibli films anime just animated movies from Japan because they don't scream anime, if that makes any sense.
And the Pokémon anime series
Dragon ball Z is my favourite anime I got to the part when Vegeta Said it over 9000 from 

The Return of Goku

Yes that was my favourite

Pandora hearts, Re:Zero, Guilty Crown, Soul Eater, Fairy Tail, Madoka Magica, Darling in the Franxx, Angel Beats, Dance with Devils, Another, Black Cat, Sword Art Online, Bleach, My Hero Academia, Vampire Knight, Diabolik Lovers, Trinity Seven
I need to watch Soul Eater at some point.
I the type of anime I like the most is fantasy world and/or old times with pretty characters and beautiful music.
Examples:
- Kuroshitsuji
- Violet Evergarden
- Pandora Hearts
- Re: Zero
- Houseki no Kuni
There's some action  anime I like, such as Speed Racer and Gatchaman.  I also like anime with cute girl characters, like Sailor Moon and Magical DoReMi.