The supposed "Snyder Cut" still needs $70,000,000...

... and the idiots genuinely thought Zack Snyder's version of Justice League was nearly finished anyway and only needed an additional modest 20,000,000 for the effect, colouring, editing, etc. but Warner Bros. is gonna burn away another 70,000,000 for reshoots with many of the actors coming back. At this point, WB Animation could've made an animated version of the Snyder Cut with only a fraction of the 20,000,000 budget.

I might still watch it anyway to see how an new un-compromised follow-up to one of the worst movies of 2016 compares to the admittedly mediocre version that came out.

P.S. WB will have to package DVD and Blu-rays of both versions like they're Pokemon.
Comments24
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Zack Snyder finished principle photography on Justice League. His cut just needed post-production work; it would have cost less than Joss Whedon's extensive unnecessary reshoots. So the people who said Snyder's cut was already close to completion, which includes the movie's crew themselves, were correct. It's so funny how haters can think they know more about a movie production than the crew themselves.

Last year, Snyder screened his existing cut for HBO MAX executives, who liked what they saw enough that they agreed to spend more money to film additional scenes to add on top of the cut that Zack Snyder already had. So the extra money is to add new stuff, not just to finish what already existed.

This has all been clarified by HBO Max's official statements, so whatever you say to the contrary just proves your dishonesty.

I thought only 20 million dollars were needed. Why must it be 90 million now?

You're trying to imply they "must" spend extra money on it, just to finish it. That's your misperception. HBO is freely *choosing* to spend extra on it. They could have easily just finished post-production work on Snyder's footage and been done with it, but HBO is putting extra money into it because the HBO Max executives who saw Snyder's version liked it enough to justify adding even more to it.

No. I'm saying the movie shouldn't need an extra 70 million on top the 20 mil-You know what? Screw it. Maybe I AM wrong and that it needs the money for effects, actors, etc. The 2017 film made 600 million from the 300 million, so it made back its money.

I give up.

Guess its better to just stick with the animated Justice League films.

I'm truly dumbfounded at how people are putting in this much effort for the Snyder-cut. As if Zack makes great movies are something.

Also, are we going to ignore the fact that this movie was a bad idea from the start? 

"Also, are we going to ignore the fact that this movie was a bad idea from the start? "

No.  Mostly because a Justice League movie is never really a bad idea from the get go.  They are a very iconic super hero group that the world recognize, Warner Bros always had plans to make the movie  as far back as when George Miller was attach for the film, and with the rapid craze of comic book movies at the time it seems like the perfect time to do one.

I mean, hell, the animated movies (Justice League New Frontier, Justice League War) and the original three part pilot  of DCAU Justice League showcase how a movie based on the team can work.
Of course, But Zack completely ruined the plot of the film with Batman V Superman. And made the justice league look completely useless without superman.

I mean the whole plot of the film was, "I need to make a team of super people. So I can resurrect space Jesus back from the dead. So he can help us save the day.". Does Zack, or anybody who works with Zack know that the point of the Justice League is, "To fight crime whenever, and wherever it’s at. And to unite heroes under one banner.", not "Make sure Superman is there to save are butts."

That's like the Avengers being literally, "let's wait for Hulk, Thor, Sentry, Dr. Strange, and Ms. Marvel. Since us petty mortals can't wipe our asses without hulk showing us how to hover squat over a toilet.". 

Or the X-men being, "Whenever Wolverine comes back." the team.

And to make that superman being the chosen one BS more apparent. It took the Greek gods, Norse Gods, Amazons, and a green lantern to defeat him and his army. And it took the champion of the amazons, the king of Atlantis, and the fastest thing alive to slow him down. And superman beat him like a 28-year-old man who is in shape, wrestling his 5-year-old son suffering from childhood obesity.

"Of course, But Zack completely ruined the plot of the film with Batman V Superman. And made the justice league look completely useless without superman.

I mean the whole plot of the film was, "I need to make a team of super people. So I can resurrect space Jesus back from the dead. So he can help us save the day.". Does Zack, or anybody who works with Zack know that the point of the Justice League is, "To fight crime whenever, and wherever it’s at. And to unite heroes under one banner.", not "Make sure Superman is there to save are butts.""

Actually the plot of the movie was basically Batman bringing together a team to fight against an oncoming invasion that would devestate a planet.  Superman came in the film as more of an Eleventh Hour Ranger to help the heroes turn the tides in the fight against the main villain.  

The execution was wonky, but it was clear that the intention for Supes in the film was to be a sort of turning point in the heroes victory once they revived him.  Hell, they didn't know they could do that until they learn from that Mother Box or whatever that resurrection was possible.

Still though, my original point in my comment was disagreeing with you that the Justice League movie is a bad idea from the get go as with a different story the film can work.

"That's like the Avengers being literally, "let's wait for Hulk, Thor, Sentry, Dr. Strange, and Ms. MarvelSince us petty mortals can't wipe our asses without hulk showing us how to hover squat over a toilet.". "

That actually happen in the Avengers movie with the final battle (the "I'm Always Angry" scene).  Seriously Hulk in that movie was portrayed as an unstoppable beast that wrecked the shit out of majority of the Chitari and made the two GODS in the movie look like chumps when he share a screen with them in the final battle.

"
Or the X-men being, "Whenever Wolverine comes back." the team."

Technially that would be Phoenix.  But considering her powers are literal reality warping fuckery, I can understand why the X-Men would need her to wrap shit up.

"
And to make that superman being the chosen one BS more apparent. It took the Greek gods, Norse Gods, Amazons, and a green lantern to defeat him and his army. And it took the champion of the amazons, the king of Atlantis, and the fastest thing alive to slow him down. And superman beat him like a 28-year-old man who is in shape, wrestling his 5-year-old son suffering from childhood obesity."

Yeah . . . not really disagreeing there.  The only objection being that I question WB choice in having Steppenwulf as the starting villain as he is not only the least memorable New God (unless you are those very few people that read James Robinson's Earth-2) and why they couldn't opt for a more memorable and intimidating villain like Starro or Despero?  Though, at least Justice League Steppenwulf was defeated by his Superman at full power; Justice League Action Steppenwulf and two Paradeamons were defeated by a depowered Superman on a planet with a red sun . . . I really like that episode, as it was a good reminder that Superman is awesome with or without his powers.

Something tells me Snyder's version of Justice League is going to be an unwatchable catastrophe like the initial reports said it would be. I mean, from the way the trailer looks it's clearly trying to be Avengers Endgame and the first Avengers movie at the same and something tells me it's going to completely fail at both. The former because we're just being introduced to Cyborg, Aquaman, and the Flash for the first time as well as the fact that all the characters will most likely survive at the end so it won't have the emotional heartbreak and catharsis that endgame had and the latter because it's needlessly long and appears overly bleak. I mean, look at the color palette, it looks like a funeral. 
^^This^^ My thoughts exactly.

But for me personally. I think it’s going to be unwatchable. Because it’s going to be at 1% brightness like a good chunk of those DCEU films.

Honestly even man of steel and BvS are more colorful than how the snyder cut currently looks. The trailer also confirms a fundamental problem I've had with Snyder's original design of Steppenwolf. Because Steppenwolf looks so monstrous, spikey and ornate, his master Darkseid just ends up looking really uninspired and dull by comparison.

It's a damn shame, honestly.
See a movie of the quintessential of comic superhero group , ruined by mismanagement and the fuck1ng sh1t that Whedon did  Crying 

It's not fair to solely the blame BvS on Zack Snyder because Warner Brothers is as much as fault. No, more so than an individual. While Joss Whedon want to make the movie more like the comics, it turns out he's a real life piece of shit, so I can see working with Snyder to be more tolerable even with his script and direction being questionable at best.

What on earth did Whedon add to try to make Justice League "more like the comics?" His contributions to movie were entirely to add cheesy comedy. Every shot he added was another joke or gag, from reusing his guy-falls-on-boobs gag from Avengers Age of Ultron, to Superman talking about fighting hippos and car keys, to the Flash's brunch obsession, Cyborg joking about his toes, to an alien anal probing report playing on the TV in the middle of a supposedly emotional scene... That's NOT what the comics were like. That's what THE AVENGERS were like, i.e., lighthearted joking heroes. Whedon's job was to turn Justice League into the Avengers.
I have a love-hate relationship with Zack Snyder. His Sucker Punch has the worst and most pretentious writing i've ever seen but is so heavily stylized with personality seeking out of every crevice. I, like many others, wasn't much of a fan of Batman V Superman or his Watchman adaptation but one could attribute those things to mostly being outside of his control, one being a huge blockbuster with studio hands everywhere and the other being a pre-established media franchise. If you're gonna tell me Zack Snyder, one of the few somehow popular auteur directors out there, is gonna have full control over a Justice League miniseries then hell yes, sign me up. That budget is hilarious though.

That does sound funny. A part of me wants to believe maybe WB was begging for Zack Snyder to come back and offered him more creative control after having to leave over the death of his daughter. At the very least, I hope Snyder is making the thing with enthusiasm.

You and me both man.
Yeah, people seem to think that a Snyder cut actually existed alongside the theatrical release when it's more like Warners is just exploiting and banking on a internet myth perpetuated by a vocal group of fans. It's just a marketing ploy to get attention for the HBO max channel.

If there was a rough cut made before Zack Snyder left, it was probably far from finished and rumour has it that was considered "unwatchable". Now that Snyder has more free-range, it's gonna be 4-part mini-series with each episode being an hour long, I'll go as far as to say the re-shoots could include elements of the planned Justice League Part 2, possibly clocking it up to 5 or 6 parts.

With the so much time and money thrown into, this new version of Justice League is gonna be less like so DC superheroes teaming up and more like a visual masturbation tribute to Objectivism.

That can't be, is still a year and a half away.
The studio gave him the green light on this. But they're going to make more money that that when it is released.

I disagree with the DVD/Bluray/4K disk release. Is more likely from a business point of view that the movie, or limited series, whatever it becomes, will be staying on HBO+ or HBO Max, cannot recall the proper name now, for the good part of a year or two; as they want more new subscribers to this new network.
Then perhaps a year or two later, after enough people had it on the streaming service, then there may be a release in disk, if people are still purchasing disks.

I understand they want people to subscribe to HBO MAX first but I mean whenever a DVD or Blu-Ray packages ever comes, WB could make it clear to distinguish the two different cuts.

Not even Joker needed that much to be made.

Oh for the love of -! This is bullshit! There's no way I'll ever pay to see even a pirate copy of this! I'll spend my money on 3D tutorials instead.