What is the worst film you have ever seen, that you would like 2 see a big-budget quality remake of?

What is the worst movie you have ever seen, that you would like to see a big budget quality remake of?
Comments16
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
One I wouldn’t mind them doing a remake on would be The Giant Claw the special effects if you could call it that were terrible and very cheap looking even back when it was made, the acting was great but that couldn’t save it and someone told me that when the actor’s saw the film they also were embarrassed to be in it as well.
This is a pretty tough question since you're trying to make a diamond out of a mountain of scat, which most likely had large budgets to begin with

That said, if someone can make The Last Airbender or Dragonball Evolution good, that would be very awesome
The only one-book epic sci-fi I liked, "Battlefield Earth", was made into a truly horrendous movie in the 2000's. I wish I hadn't let myself be subjected to watching it. It would make a brilliant long-running series with a proper budget, though.
Nothing but Trouble
Mega shark vs giant octopus.

I think they can make the scene where the shark jumps in the air and bites the airplane, really scary.
This is a tough call. I would certainly have liked it if Spider-Man 3 had been better than it was, but it's not the worst really. Similarly, the Star Wars Prequel and Sequel Trilogies had their shortcomings, but those aren't the worst movies either. Hm...

...the Dragonheart sequel with Helena Bonham Carter is truly awful, low-budget crap. But a GOOD movie with HBC voicing a dragon would be something I'd be willing to watch. So I guess that would be my pick. 
Dragon Ball Evolution was VERY bad, but if they did another Dragon Ball live action, I hope it would be more faithful to the source material. Hell, just adapting the Saiyan/Vegeta saga into a live action film with a high budget would probably bring in flocks of Dragon Ball Z fans already (although the acting kind of has to sell it, because Dragon Ball Evolution's acting... I still have nightmares about that).

I would say they should adapt original Dragon Ball, but idk how well that would do. I wouldn't be against it, but it's not everyone's cup of tea.
It's not a worst movie I've seen, but Event Horizon. Great idea and potential, abysmal execution, thou.
I'm gonna throw out a really bad one - Manos, the hands of fate. If it were made lovingly in homage to the original, I could see it honestly being a fairly creepy film. The Master, corny as he may look, was intimidating. And there was some legit creepy atmosphere and music. I think, of the really bad films MST3K has done, this has the most potential
Easy one. This. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYleJe…

This is easily one of the cheesiest and "B" movie I ever witnessed but also entertaining as hell. Give a few million dollars to Josh Becker and his usual cohorts, give him an A lister or two (but dammit, keep Sam Raimi in there) and see what happens. I'd pay to see it. 
It's not the worst movie I've ever seen as I actually like it.

Slipstream

It fell foul of a dispute in the Lucas family and became a 'public domain' entity.

As mentioned I like it and by a strange co-incidink have the rights to reproduce the story as a graphic novel.

All that said I'd like to see the original movie released as a Blu Ray wide screen but despite decades of searching I haven't found a WS version of the print...anywhere without encoded asian text.
"The Black Cauldron."
Somebody's not going to be happy about that!

Who, the reformed turkey?

I actually really like Disney's Black Cauldron film. Probably my favorite pre-90s Disney film to be honest.