The Best Batman

For many, myself included Batman is the ultimate superhero. However there are many versions of Batman that are all significantly different. Just the live action batman's alone are completely different from each other, and I usually hear debates on who the best live action batman is. But to be honest i dont think any live action batman has been the best batman. Instead that title should go to Bruce timms batman from the animated series and DCAU. This is the same batman played by Kevin conroy from Batman TAS to Justice league Unlimited. This Batman is the definite Batman for me and no other version in film or in comics has shaken that belief. A lot of people have told me that this is an easy decision since there are so many different episodes where batman's characterization is added to. Well the same can be said for comics, but let me just say that there has never been a more consistent, more well written, more heroic, more badass, and a more human batman than kevin conroys batman. This batman does not kill, but he does not go easy on villains, never the less this batman does not brutalize criminals, instead he shows pity for them, and for the ones that deserve it he shows empathy for them. This batman does not hate people, he loves people and that's why hes dedicated to protecting everyone. This batman walks tall with metahumans and basically gods and he never flinches when he needs to fight some, this batman is the master of trolling and sarcasm, this batman's is depressed and haunted by his tragic life, and that is why it is heartwarming to see him receive a little bit of happiness once in a while. With out a doubt this is the most mature that has ever been made in cinema, this batman doesn't walk the line of being inhuman to be so, instead he uses his humanity to reach out to others, this is a good man that does the right thing no matter the cost, he has pulled off so many heroic sacrifices in these shows, that you know he would sacrifice his life for the safety of the world in a heart beat, he has garnered the respect of superman and the entire justice league no to mention many supervillains, and we are reminded in every single episode he is in on why he is the BEST.

And this belief doesn't stem from just nostalgia, my first exposure of batman was from the superman the animated series episode " Worlds finest" where batman teams up with superman. I didn't actually watch the original batman the animated series until years later, and now I own the complete series and DCAU on DVD.

Now i don't want anyone to get mad, we all have our favorite versions of the caped crusader, so if you have your opinion, id like to hear it.
batman  gif 
Comments68
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I haven't seen all the Batman movies but TAS Batman is my favorite version of the character. I like how he keeps a calm demeanor when faced with near death situations. Plus the rogue gallery is my favorite out of all the superheros to be honest.

he is the best portrayed and most well written ive ever seen. also hes played by kevin conroy

When I imagine Batman's voice, it's the Kevin Conroy Batman. Others have done it, and done it well, but Mr. Conroy is the top. As for live action, Adam West was too campy for my taste but that was what they were going for so I guess he did the job well. I liked both Christian Bale and Ben Affleck; I hated Val Kilmer and George Clooney. Michael Keaton is my top pick for the live action Batman.

Thanks for your comment

i like batman from Ben Afleck and Cristian Bale.
Nipple suit Batman of course
Honestly, if you just got rid of the nipples the Batman Forever suit is actually pretty sleek and cool. It's still probably my favorite of the live-action Batsuits, I have to say.
Thomas wayne one. (Flashpoint I belive)
webcam by H-SWilliams  
I'm the best version of Batman, I accept no others. 

We gotta show love for Terry McGinnis who is Batman Beyond and paved for the future legacy of Batman.

Live Action Batman: Michael Keaton, hands down. 

Animated Batman: Kevin Conroy

TV show Batman: Always will be Adam West. 
Imo...animated: “The Batman”, “Justice League” & “Batman: The Animated Series”.
I never remember the names of who does the voices... >_>

In batman the animated series and justice league, batman is played by Kevin conroy. In The Batman, he is played by Rino Romano

The DCAU had all the best portrayals of DC's most iconic characters. But i think Bruce Greenwood is the best modern Batman (i think the "Harley Quinn" series at the moment has the best new portrayals of Harley, Mr J, Ivy (a.k.a R-Rated Shego) and King Shark)

Agreed the DCAU still has my absolute favorite portrayls of almost all dc characters.

The DCAU is amazing (and I don't even watch it for nostalgic reasons), though I'm surprised at how many people don't care about Batman Beyond, which is actually my favourite show right now!!

Funny to say this but the height of my DCAU "buzz" was in 2017-2018, which was also when marvel cinema (In my opinion at least) was in its absolute prime

I love every show in the DCAU this includes Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Batman Beyond, Justice league, JLU, Static Shock. These shows are so well made, with great writing, character development, and they are all connected, i love that.

Plus the voice acting too, and that's what makes the series great. Almost NONE of it is because of "Everything was better in the 90s when I was a baby"