Details

July 31
Link

Statistics

Replies: 65

The Best Batman

:iconandrenitro:
AndreNitro Featured By Owner Jul 31, 2020  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
For many, myself included Batman is the ultimate superhero. However there are many versions of Batman that are all significantly different. Just the live action batman's alone are completely different from each other, and I usually hear debates on who the best live action batman is. But to be honest i dont think any live action batman has been the best batman. Instead that title should go to Bruce timms batman from the animated series and DCAU. This is the same batman played by Kevin conroy from Batman TAS to Justice league Unlimited. This Batman is the definite Batman for me and no other version in film or in comics has shaken that belief. A lot of people have told me that this is an easy decision since there are so many different episodes where batman's characterization is added to. Well the same can be said for comics, but let me just say that there has never been a more consistent, more well written, more heroic, more badass, and a more human batman than kevin conroys batman. This batman does not kill, but he does not go easy on villains, never the less this batman does not brutalize criminals, instead he shows pity for them, and for the ones that deserve it he shows empathy for them. This batman does not hate people, he loves people and that's why hes dedicated to protecting everyone. This batman walks tall with metahumans and basically gods and he never flinches when he needs to fight some, this batman is the master of trolling and sarcasm, this batman's is depressed and haunted by his tragic life, and that is why it is heartwarming to see him receive a little bit of happiness once in a while. With out a doubt this is the most mature that has ever been made in cinema, this batman doesn't walk the line of being inhuman to be so, instead he uses his humanity to reach out to others, this is a good man that does the right thing no matter the cost, he has pulled off so many heroic sacrifices in these shows, that you know he would sacrifice his life for the safety of the world in a heart beat, he has garnered the respect of superman and the entire justice league no to mention many supervillains, and we are reminded in every single episode he is in on why he is the BEST.

And this belief doesn't stem from just nostalgia, my first exposure of batman was from the superman the animated series episode " Worlds finest" where batman teams up with superman. I didn't actually watch the original batman the animated series until years later, and now I own the complete series and DCAU on DVD.

Now i don't want anyone to get mad, we all have our favorite versions of the caped crusader, so if you have your opinion, id like to hear it.
batman  gif 

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconshirokabocha56:
When I imagine Batman's voice, it's the Kevin Conroy Batman. Others have done it, and done it well, but Mr. Conroy is the top. As for live action, Adam West was too campy for my taste but that was what they were going for so I guess he did the job well. I liked both Christian Bale and Ben Affleck; I hated Val Kilmer and George Clooney. Michael Keaton is my top pick for the live action Batman.
AndreNitro Featured By Owner 12 hours ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Thanks for your comment
:iconshirokabocha56:
shirokabocha56 Featured By Owner 10 hours ago
gif
:iconluciano6254:
luciano6254 Featured By Owner 21 hours ago  Hobbyist General Artist
i like batman from Ben Afleck and Cristian Bale.
AndreNitro Featured By Owner 21 hours ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
gif
:iconblackcapbandit:
BlackCapBandit Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Nipple suit Batman of course
AndreNitro Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
gif
:icontooneguy:
ToonEGuy Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Honestly, if you just got rid of the nipples the Batman Forever suit is actually pretty sleek and cool. It's still probably my favorite of the live-action Batsuits, I have to say.
:iconinvisiblesniper:
InvisibleSniper Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Student Writer
Thomas wayne one. (Flashpoint I belive)
gif
:iconh-swilliams:
H-SWilliams Featured By Owner 6 days ago
webcam by H-SWilliams  
I'm the best version of Batman, I accept no others. 
gif
:iconshadowstalker55:
Shadowstalker55 Featured By Owner 6 days ago
We gotta show love for Terry McGinnis who is Batman Beyond and paved for the future legacy of Batman.
totally agree
gif
:iconfreeingmyangelwings:
FreeingMyAngelWings Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Live Action Batman: Michael Keaton, hands down. 

Animated Batman: Kevin Conroy

TV show Batman: Always will be Adam West. 
:iconmirria1:
Mirria1 Featured By Owner Edited Aug 1, 2020  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Imo...animated: “The Batman”, “Justice League” & “Batman: The Animated Series”.
I never remember the names of who does the voices... >_>
AndreNitro Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
In batman the animated series and justice league, batman is played by Kevin conroy. In The Batman, he is played by Rino Romano
:iconjimma1300:
Jimma1300 Featured By Owner Edited Aug 1, 2020   Digital Artist
The DCAU had all the best portrayals of DC's most iconic characters. But i think Bruce Greenwood is the best modern Batman (i think the "Harley Quinn" series at the moment has the best new portrayals of Harley, Mr J, Ivy (a.k.a R-Rated Shego) and King Shark)
Agreed the DCAU still has my absolute favorite portrayls of almost all dc characters.
Jimma1300 Featured By Owner 6 days ago   Digital Artist
The DCAU is amazing (and I don't even watch it for nostalgic reasons), though I'm surprised at how many people don't care about Batman Beyond, which is actually my favourite show right now!!
Funny to say this but the height of my DCAU "buzz" was in 2017-2018, which was also when marvel cinema (In my opinion at least) was in its absolute prime
I love every show in the DCAU this includes Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Batman Beyond, Justice league, JLU, Static Shock. These shows are so well made, with great writing, character development, and they are all connected, i love that.
Jimma1300 Featured By Owner 5 days ago   Digital Artist
Plus the voice acting too, and that's what makes the series great. Almost NONE of it is because of "Everything was better in the 90s when I was a baby"
Agreed i watch all of it now as an adult and i love it even more
Jimma1300 Featured By Owner 5 days ago   Digital Artist
Too bad Mark Hamill has kind of "outgrown" his joker voice now, he could probably still play marvel's Hobgoblin and still sound pretty good though
AndreNitro Featured By Owner 4 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yeah ive noticed that he cant sound the way he did in the 90s. A pity but im grateful to him for giving us the best joker ever.
gif
(1 Reply)
:iconbigk64:
BigK64 Featured By Owner Jul 31, 2020  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I would of agree but then I realize the one glaring flaw in DCAU Batman, especially during his New Adventures days: he really fucked up a lot of his relationships with his proteges.  Especially with the whole thing between him and Barbara which is just skeezy as hell.  Seriously, that shit right there ended up being the catalyst to why him and Dick are hardly on speaking terms.  Barbara and Tim eventually have a falling out with Bruce, mostly due to their realization on how insane the whole crimefighting thing really is due to the events of Return of Joker.  And even Terry almost abaddon Bruce after getting sick of the overall controling nature of the guy.

This is especially true compare to his counterparts from Brave and the Bold and Young Justice who have all the same personality and strengths of DCAU Batman, but didn't fucked things up with their sidekicks.
Good points, and the Barbra relationship makes me sick, i choose to ignore that, but that is what makes this batman so complex because he is so messed up, if you watch the DCAU in chronological order, around the batman adventures season, batman has become cynical and depressed and far more brutal towards his villains and allies, but when he joins the justice league he becomes chill and fun again, sadly its all for not because of the way he ends up in batman beyond. Again a complex character.
The whole Barbara thing is a bit hard to ignore in the context of Beyond which acknowledges said relationship.
Still though, the whole thing with Dick is like the biggest turn off. Especially when there was no meaningful closure between the two. Should made that episode that loosely adapts Wolfman/Perez's New Teen Titans . . . which is TOTALLY not an excuse to have another Flash center episode in Justice League . . . okay it is.
Good point
:iconthe-future1:
The-Future1 Featured By Owner Jul 31, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
If you were chosen to cast the next batman who would you cast? For me I'd cast Bryan Cranston as Batman. I know everyone wants him to play Lex luthor but I think he'd do a really good job  playing an older, worn down version of batman/Bruce Wayne akin to dark knight returns or batman beyond. 
:iconblackbook668:
blackbook668 Featured By Owner Aug 1, 2020
Hmm, I'm not too sure about Cranston as Batman. Seems too old. Not really his kind of character as well, except if you're talking super intense scenes.

Though people big him up as being good to play Luthor, I'm not really buying it fully though at first glance it seems like a good choice. Don't see him pulling off Luthor's smarminess.
The-Future1 Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
well the idea is that Cranston would be playing an older batman like what you see in in dark knight returns or batman beyond. Also you don't see him pulling off Luthor's smarminess? You do know that Cranston was known primarily for being a comedic actor before breaking bad came along right?
blackbook668 Featured By Owner 6 days ago
I was thinking maybe I am being a bit assuming to just take what I know of him. Even if he hadn't starred in stuff before BB it'd still be unfairly judging his ability.
They decided to have Keaton play an older Batman. That sounds way cooler to me. Makes me wonder if they haven't already dumped Pattinson though. He looks like he could be a really great actor to play the role so I hope not. I think Pattinson is a classic example of not assume what an actor will be like based on their work.
I just hope Ben Affleck doesn't have to play Batman anymore. Mainly because of how distraught he was after Batman V Superman came out to disastrous reviews (sad Affleck anyone?) which led to him looking completely miserable in the theatrical cut of Justice League (although the fact that he was in rehab at the time certainly didn't help).
Wasn't that a meme? I mean, you do realise he had to go through a lot of damn interviews before that one, right?
It was a meme. Although in honesty I'm suprised Henry Cavill came out of Dawn of Justice relatively unmoody given how that film completely butchered Cavill's character.
Bats vs. Supes? I thought Wayne fared worse than Kent in that.
(1 Reply)
Bryan would be a cool batman, for me i always wanted Jon Hamm to play batman, he looks the part and hes a good actor as well.
:iconmr-pink-rose:
Mr-Pink-Rose Featured By Owner Jul 31, 2020
The only two Batman actors I love are Adam West and Kevin Conroy.  The others don't even come close.
gif
Have to disagree there with the likes of Bruce Greenwood and Diedritch Bader.
:iconmr-pink-rose:
Mr-Pink-Rose Featured By Owner Aug 1, 2020
Wait, they played Batman? :O_o: I didn't know that!
BigK64 Featured By Owner 6 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yep.  Bruce Greenwood is Batman in Under the Hood, Young Justice and the upcoming Death in the Family.

And Diedritch Bader voiced him in Batman: The Brave & The Bold and Harley Quinn.
:iconspiritomalignocats:
SpiritoMalignoCats Featured By Owner Jul 31, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I've always had a special spot for btas. I'm not sure if it's just nostalgia, or because of, like you said, his colorful personality and his trolling. The arkham series also holds a special place as well. 
For me BTAS, justice league unlimited and the rest of the DCAU are some of the best batman stories ever told, not just with him being a badass but also showing how complex a character batman is. There is an episode where batman has a talk with a dying girl, and its the saddest most deepest batman moment ive ever seen, showing that batman doesn't just beat up villains but cares deeply about other people.
:iconlegio-x:
Legio-X Featured By Owner Jul 31, 2020  Professional Writer
A tough question.  All of the live-action portrayals of the character have flaws, though Robert Lowery and Adam West do a fairly good job of encapsulating the character of their time.  Christian Bale is almost perfect as Bruce Wayne, but the voice he puts on as Batman grates after a while.  Ben Affleck nails the way Batman fights...except for casting aside the No-Kill Rule.  Personally, I'm inclined to name Kevin Conroy (DCAU, Arkham series) or Troy Baker (Telltale Batman) as the best.  Baker's voice is the one I hear when I'm reading the comics.

We'll see how Pattinson does.
You made a great analysis of each live action batman.
:icontooneguy:
ToonEGuy Featured By Owner Jul 31, 2020  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
After hearing a bit of Troy Baker's Batman in that animated Batman/TMNT movie, I'm convinced that he could be a suitable replacement for Kevin Conroy should anything ever happen to him.
:iconalevesper:
AleVesper Featured By Owner Aug 1, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Both Troy Baker's Batman AND Joker are really damn good.

Dude is pretty awesome in general. :la:
:iconvee2r:
Vee2R Featured By Owner Jul 31, 2020  New Deviant
A very good question indeed. Personally I do not have a favorite Batman, just as I don't have a favorite Joker (except suicide Joker is not a good portrayal in my opinion), as there are many different takes on each character. In some shows/movies, you see a more human side of Bruce Wayne with Batman as his "darker persona". In others, he is shown as only a machine. Almost all takes of the character are interesting in their own way, which is why I cannot pick my favorite, but I hope in the future those who act in the position take elements of all the previous renditions and make it their own.
Add a Comment: