types of shows you love

Opposite of my other thread. Whether it's live action or animated what are some types of shows that you love? It could just be something that you grew up with or a type of show you never used to enjoy but it grew on you, etc. My examples are listed below;

Overall animation is my preferred choice over live action for shows. It's really hard to pick. I really just love anything with anthropomorphic animals especially when the whole world is just anthropomorphic animals. 

Parodies. When a cartoon parodies something, like Secret Squirrel is a parody of the spy genre and is basically James Bond. 

Cartoons that are anime inspired, like Code Lyoko for example. Also Teen Titans as well.

Anime. Just, anime. Though it's hard tp pick a favourite type though. Just anything set in another world that's fantasy or sci fi, also magical girls shows too. Don't care what everyone says, I'm a sucker for those transformation scenes and those attack scenes. There's always just so much effort put into them. 
Comments54
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I like cartoons and adult animations mostly. They both help me feel better on a bad day. I like most animated stuff apart from many anime (however I have seen a few).

I'm not going to listen shows I like because I feel like a lot of people have negative about any show lately and always seem to pick at the bad things about them.

I think this is my first comment on the forums so yay!
Pure comedy or Sci-Fi like The Office and Stranger Things and The Witcher
Animated shows and some little of Live Action ones.
I only like live action shows that don't have laugh tracks if we're talking comedy.
Good story, good characters, and well done cinematography. 
If they have the following, will usually watch them.

Dexter
Stranger Things
Dark 
The Stand
Kingdom Hospital 
Dark Crystal Age Of Resistance
Nightflyers
Man In The High Castle
Vikings
The Witcher
Castlevania
Carnival Row
Westworld
Hannibal
Heroes
Lie To Me
The Boys
Lie To Me
The X Files
Ragnarok
The Following
Mindhunter
Fringe
Stargate SG
Haunting Of Hill House
My parents watched The Witcher
Mostly animated fantasy/sci-fi with action and some horror.  I just like pretty animation, pretty music and interesting concepts, the story doesn't have to be very deep for me to enjoy it.  All my favorites are anime, since almost all western animation is either aimed at kids (and doesn't go dark enough for me 90% of the time) or is adult comedy with almost no exceptions.  I'll take a show like SAO over adult comedy any day, and the only thing I like about SAO is its' concept.

My favorites are Hunter x Hunter, Demon Slayer, Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood, Made in Abyss and Death Parade!  
I couldn't get into SAO. The romance just ruined it. But I liked the concept, but couldn't get into it.
I guess mostly science fiction, fantasy, and comedies.

Some of my favorite shows are:

Buffy the vampire slayer - The uber show.
Firefly - This clearly was too good for this world, so it had to die quickly.
Blake's 7 - Just AMAZING. So sad this never was a success.
Twin Peaks - Very strange, but great. Really wished they would have made more of this.
Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - Great.
Everybody Hates Chris - Great. Extremely funny.
Star Trek (TOS, TNG, VOY, ENT) and The Orville (which I consider being honorably Star Trek) [1]
Babylon 5 - It starts weak-ish, but gets better and better
Battlestar Galactica - Fantastic first two seasons... unforunately this is kind of a reverse Babylon 5 and gets worse and worse.
The Big Bang Theory - Not always great but overall it was definitely fun
Doctor Who - Great ... well, actually its level of quality is constantly changing but its okay
The Big Bang Theory - Not always great but overall it was definitely fun
The Wire - I like its realism even if it also meant it had many lengths
M*A*S*H - Mostly the first three seasons, after that I'm less excited about it
The Expanse - Very interesting in many regards, though I miss the "cool" factor of true FTL
Sabrina the teenage witch - Melissa Joan Hart. Only the first three seasons are good
Married with Children - mostly because they had Christina Applegate, really
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Cant say I'm head over heals but this is solid entertainment
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - Constantly over the top but funny enough
Stargate SG-1 - A good eight seasons but I have some issues, which however would be spoilers

As always with such lists, I've probably forgotten important entries.

[1]: I dont list DS9 here because it lacks the property of the other shows that you can just cherry pick the good episodes and ignore the not so good ones. The best Star Trek shows (TNG and the honorable Star Trek The Orville) hardly have bad episodes you actually want to skip, but DS9 isnt among them.

I would also put Malcolm In The Middle here. Love that show so much.

I am partial to anime, and cartoons- the talent and skill needed to make these is incredible. I also love sitcoms. The nanny, Mom, and Fresh prince are some of my favorites 

I saw the Mom episode where they accidentally eat pot brownies and then get high. xD

theres an episode of Mom, where the main character meets the new guy that moved into their apartment building. She goes over to his apartment with him, and decides to kinda snoop around to see if the guy was worth going out with- because she can almost always find something wrong with a guy.

She went to the basement and looked through the medicine cabinet, then as she was about to say "ok, this guy doesn't seem so bad" she decided to open this random door next to the bathroom.

It was a full-on BDSM dungeon

I didn't see that one.
There was one New Zealand based show that I absolutely loved called The Almighty Johnsons that aired in Canada around 2012-2013. It was funny and sexy and I learned more about Norse mythology from it than I could have learned from a book. Great show!

Oh yeah I remember that. Started after Outrageous Fortune finished.

I'd love to see it again - a really good show.

I can like a wide variety of shows, but the kinds I favor are science fiction, fantasy, comedies, animated series, and nature documentaries.

I also like nature documentaries especially with David Attenborough

Oh yes. Those are the best ones.

David Attenborough is the Morgan Freeman of nature documentaries

Breaking Bad
Mr Robot
Dick Van Dyke
The Monkees
OLD Futurama
Penny Dreadful (the one with Eva Greene)
Orphan Black
Sons of Anarchy

I agree with old Futurama.