Details

May 21
Link

Statistics

Replies: 51

What was your favorite show as a little kid?

:iconjeuneartisteinquiet:
JeuneArtisteInquiet Featured By Owner May 21, 2020
My memory sucks, but I remember some fond memories of Lazytown and how I was super amazed with Sportacus flipping around. I don't think he ever actually just walked.😂 I used to be eh on Robbie as a kid, but now everytime he comes on the screen I just say "Same." Maybe I should draw them sometime.😊

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconairfixnikon:
AirfixNikon Featured By Owner 59 minutes ago
At that time, when LazyTown was new, I was a single parent to a couple of toddlers. So during daytime, they would watch children's television shows, and when I'm not busy doing housework or cooking, I would watch with them.

I've always like to think that Robbie, despite wanting to be lazy, is the most busiest villain ever! He does his own hard work, compared to your usual typical run-of-the-mill movie villains who tend to have henchmen doing the work.

Example: Blofeld just sitting in a chair, petting his white cat, while the henchmen are doing the work, in the James Bond movies.

But, not Robbie, he's a villain alright, but he's willing to get the job done himself. That's what I love about LazyTown.

Anyway...

For me, favourite shows when I was a kid? I would say, mostly Bugs Bunny.
:iconaimforrest:
AimForrest Featured By Owner 10 hours ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I had a  LOT but probably ones on pbs kids like martha speaks and wordgirl, soo many shows on qubo likes jane and the dragon and jacob two two, and disney channel shows like that's so raven and zack and cody. AALL those shows are still hella good in my opinion
:iconmirria1:
Mirria1 Featured By Owner Edited 2 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
:lol: I thought Sportacus was hot when I was 11. His flips were awesome. (Wasn’t my favourite show back then though. :p )

Hm... (Have a few.) Danny Phantom, Sailor Moon, Winx Club, Bratz, The Munsters and The Batman.
:iconfujinaka:
Fujinaka Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Gunsmoke, Bonanza, and Star Trek.  And no, I'm not that old, the classics channel was just the only thing I had worth watching.
:iconandrenitro:
AndreNitro Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
batman  gif 
JeuneArtisteInquiet Featured By Owner 2 days ago
Oh yeah I watched some of that with my dad. I really liked it.
AndreNitro Featured By Owner 2 days ago  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I recommend you watch all of it and the superman show and justice league unlimited shows, they are beyond great
:iconsavagefrog:
SavageFrog Featured By Owner Edited 5 days ago  Hobbyist General Artist
Cardcaptors, Scooby Doo, Pokemon & Digimon
:iconmrcjames:
MRCJames Featured By Owner May 26, 2020
The Flintstones 
Most Hanna Barbera toons. 
:iconbigk64:
BigK64 Featured By Owner May 23, 2020  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
Rocko’s Modern Life
All That
Cow & Chicken
:iconkinola14:
Kinola14 Featured By Owner Edited May 23, 2020
Rugrats, Dragon Tales, Arthur, Thomas the Tank Engine, and Invader Zim, to name a few. But I usually watched whatever came on.
:iconkoshej:
Koshej Featured By Owner May 23, 2020
Rugrats is more creative than interesting - as in, it catches you with its great premise, but is often boring to watch through the episode.
Kinda lol.
:iconcannonsplain:
CannonsPlain Featured By Owner May 23, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I grew up watching a lot of antenna TV shows. Mostly watch PBS and Qubo. My favorite shows where Arthur, Cyberchase, World Girl, Clifford, Curious Geroge, Between The Lions, The Ruff Ruff Man Show, Jacob Two-Two, Jane and the Dragon, Dragon's Tail, Maya & Miguel, Miss BG, and show much more!:happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce: 
JeuneArtisteInquiet Featured By Owner May 23, 2020
Holy crap I remember World Girl. Now I'm getting flashbacks.
:iconzeruch:
zeruch Featured By Owner May 23, 2020  Professional General Artist
Barney Miller, Monty Python, Benson, M*A*S*H (I watched a lot of adult sitcoms as a kid)

For animation it was Robotech, Battle of the Planets, Mighty Orbots, GI Joe, Loony Toons.
:iconladyyomi:
LadyYomi Featured By Owner May 23, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
Digimon Adventure, Yu-Gi-Oh, Dragon Ball, Inuyasha, Ruroni Kenshin, Yu-yu-Hakusho, Saint Seiya, Card Captor Sakura & Pokemon. I loved anime back then, but I don't like most of the current shows, lol. ❤
Koshej Featured By Owner May 23, 2020
It feels like most "older fans" have trouble adjusting to the "newer stuff", me included.
The only anime I'm still following are: Boruto (because of Naruto), Digimon (Cov-Reaper sucks, lol), Pokemon (barely), DB Super (DBZ).
In other words, NOT A SINGLE "newer franchise", lol.
But I can't say it's a BAD thing, truly.
LadyYomi Featured By Owner May 24, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
Exactly! I think there's a very curious gap between the 80's, 90's & early 00's series and the current ones. I don't know why, but clearly something has changed. 😶 I think the newest thing I see and like is Attack on Titan, because I haven't seen most of the new versions/seasons of my favorite retro animes (the last Pokémon season I saw was Johto, lol) and the few I watched (like DBS & Digimon Tri) had a few remarkable details, but I found them to be largely boring. 😓
Koshej Featured By Owner May 24, 2020
I hate AoT, but it's more of an emotional reason than quality-wise. It's funny that my last Pokemon season was also Johto, with me only coming back to the franchise because of Serena being quite literally Pokenata (and that being the ONLY reason I even cared to check it again). And Tri/Super/Boruto are simply "newer seasons of old franchises" in the first place.
LadyYomi Featured By Owner May 25, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
I mostly follow the AoT manga, but the plot has given me several headaches from time to time (lol), so I get your point. XD The Johto opening theme was really nice, I can still sing it 20 years later, ha ha. 😂
:iconthemysterywriter:
THEMYSTERYWRITER Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist Writer
A tie between Power Rangers and The Animaniacs LOL
:iconobesiusmaximus:
ObesiusMaximus Featured By Owner May 22, 2020
I was fascinated with and loved Gerry Anderson's Supermarionation show, THUNDERBIRDS. As I got older I appreciated what went into the making of it, even more!
:iconmr-pink-rose:
Mr-Pink-Rose Featured By Owner May 22, 2020
If you're talking about live-action shows, it was Star Trek.
If you're talking about cartoons, it was Speed Racer.
AndreNitro Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Its always been Scooby doo, Pokémon ( earlier seasons), Power rangers ( earlier seasons), and superhero cartoon like Batman.
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Professional Artist
When I was REALLY little I loved Thomas the Tank Engine. The farthest back I remember really intentionally watching something would probably be Dragon Ball Z. I think Cartoon Network had a block of Dragon Ball Z and Sailor Moon that I would watch.
:iconsiiv3rhawk:
SiIv3rhawk Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  New Deviant
I dont' like tv shows :P
:iconrobstrand:
RobStrand Featured By Owner May 22, 2020
Furrys aside SWAT KATZ kicked seroius ass.

It was all about the modified F-14 Tomcat.
:iconjphyper:
Jphyper Featured By Owner May 22, 2020
I remember liking it. That's ALL I remember about it.
JeuneArtisteInquiet Featured By Owner May 22, 2020
Oh my gosh I remember SWAT KATZ!!!! I loved that show as a little kid!
Koshej Featured By Owner May 22, 2020
Cartoons or anime? :p
Both is fine
I was joking.
Somehow everyone else only mentioned Western cartoons, while my case is more anime-saturated, lol.
I'm not sure what was my first "best cartoon", but definitely something from stuff like Pokemon, Sailor Moon, and Candy Candy.
Alongside Chip & Dale, Duck Tales, and Tom & Jerry, of course.
LOL!
I loved watching Tom and Jerry with my grandpa.😊
I used to love it as a kid.
Now it feels too DUMB, lol.
And raises a rather serious question as to who's the BAD guy in there most of the time.
Especially, if we forget for a second that it's a mouse and a cat, not two mice.
:iconrosalinassoulmate:
RosalinasSoulmate Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Student Filmographer
Early on, it was SpongeBob. After that series started to decline in quality, it became Ed Edd n Eddy.
:iconalevesper:
AleVesper Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Ed Edd n Eddy
:iconrosalinassoulmate:
RosalinasSoulmate Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Student Filmographer
...I see you're a man of culture, too.
:iconrubenraphaelart:
RubenRaphaelArt Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Student Digital Artist
Cyberchase was my jam
that theme song though!
:iconstrawberrygiggles:
StrawberryGiggles Featured By Owner May 22, 2020  Student Writer
I loved Maggie and the Ferocious Beast, and Bear in the Big Blue House, and Kipper the Dog. As I entered my teens and decided cartoons were boring it was Phineas and Ferb, which was what encouraged me to come to deviantART in the first place. 

I like watching children's cartoons even now, though. When I'm really stressed and need to zone out it's good to just lie there and watch cartoons, without really having to think about anything. Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom is my favourite. I think it's made for like, six year olds, but it's lowkey alright. :)
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner May 22, 2020
The only show I remember from around that time would have been Reboot. Although technically it was less a favourite and more scary for some reason, and I only really appreciated it later when I found a DVD set of all four seasons somewhere
:iconazulpineapple:
AzulPineapple Featured By Owner May 21, 2020  New Deviant
Spongebob, definitely Spongebob! I'cant tell how many times I watched that 2004 movie, even to this day it still my favorite movie of all time! Even though that sounds really silly xD
:icongriddellia:
Griddellia Featured By Owner May 21, 2020  New Deviant Hobbyist Digital Artist
Clifford, Barney the dinosaur.
clifford was such a wholesome show, always made me happy
Yeah I remember watching Clifford a little bit. He was cute.😊
:icongriddellia:
Griddellia Featured By Owner May 21, 2020  New Deviant Hobbyist Digital Artist
True.
:iconalyssastehle:
AlyssaStehle Featured By Owner May 21, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I really liked a show called Eureeka's Castle and then after that got cancelled I really liked Gullah Gullah Island.  
:iconskittlerocket:
SkittleRocket Featured By Owner May 21, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I'd say Little Bear. I was always very happy when it came on. Clifford too.
Oh my God Little Bear! I used to love that show too, but forgot about it! Now I'm having flashbacks!
:iconskittlerocket:
SkittleRocket Featured By Owner May 21, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I can hear the music so clearly. Oooh nostalgia. I totally want to go on a little kid show watching spree now. :D
gif
Haha, Eclipse mobile does not like gifs.
Add a Comment: