Are kids still interested in cartoons anymore?

I know this may sound weird, but with youtube and gaming, are kids still interested in cartoons anymore?
If you think this question is, well, stupid because of channels like the cartoon network or Nick or some other channel, I won't blame you, I just curious, how much are kids still interested in cartoons these days? Do cartoons now have to appeal to adults because kids no longer watch them like they used to?
Comments12
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
cartoons are on youtube from the popular networks so yeah.  besides, if it's a short length then it's probably being watched.  truth be told I thought I had a short attention span but my goodness some are so short they can't even handle 15 minutes of watching something let alone 30!  not to mention some cartoons suck in their art style so the chances it could draw in children could be slim.  and yes teenagers and adults watch cartoons all the time from all over the world, guess they got better attention spans than children?
So this means people will have to make their cartoons more action-packed to attract a new audience?
Well, I'm 17 and still enjoy cartoons but I assume you mean younger kids. I don't know of any kids who still watch cartoons in the 8-13 age range but plenty of kids beyond and before that age who still do.
Hey, good question! The way my generation's heading, I wouldn't be surprised if all our kids watch live-action war dramas while drawing bowls of fruit while thinking think of Disney movies and fan art are "old people entertainment." 
that is kind of disturbing being honest.
Word. A world where kids are no longer kids is too horrifying to contemplate. 
My niece and nephew are only babies, so I can't really talk about their TV interests outside of obvious preschool shows. :lol: But I think in the future, they might just stream cartoons rather than watch them directly on channels like me and my brother used to do.
Mine are, but they watch them on streaming platforms. They don't know how good they have it.
Old man voice: Back in my day, we could only watch cartoons at certain times on certain days, on a tiny black and white TV!
I remember those times.
I suspected that streaming platforms would be were children watched cartoons these days.
TV in general seems to be fading, but I've seen lots of kids (in my area at least) have cartoon merch and talk about stuff like Steven Universe. I think cartoon creators just want to appeal to adults as well so they'll be able to rake in more views and money. 
well, Netflix does have cartoons after all