Closed to new replies
September 27
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Video games anti piracy

:iconsheackng-the-guy:
Sheackng-the-guy Featured By Owner Sep 27, 2020  New Deviant
The anti-piracy message screens on old SNES video games, and as well as interesting side-effects on NES video game, were inspired me so much. Also, I remember that the anti piracy trend were started and risen after the SM64 anti piracy screen was posted on YouTube, so I made two anti-piracy warning screens for two SNES games, Dragon Ball Z: Super Saiya Densetsu and Super Mario World, but was then later deleted alongside the channel who made it. Anyone remember the anti piracy measures on video games you saw on Internet? Please comment below.

(Also, no fanmade video games anti piracy measures. And don't post screenshots or videos of these anti piracy measures on your comments about your findings, it's really scary for me...)

Devious Comments

:iconvic-viper-001:
vic-viper-001 Featured By Owner Oct 3, 2020
Earthbound is still the reigning champ in trollish anti-piracy.

Even if you can deal with the 10x increase in enemies that the game throws at you, it purposely crashes during the final boss, and delete's your save file just to be a dick.
:icontriagonal:
Triagonal Featured By Owner Edited Oct 3, 2020  Hobbyist Artist
My favorite would have to be this one from this meme, from the third Spyro (this one isn't so scary):

Moral: if you cheat, you're gonna have a bad time! by Triagonal
:iconniotabunny:
niotabunny Featured By Owner Sep 27, 2020
people still read those... fair act clause can only protect so much, but not for profit can still be taken down if the person(s) involved don't want it flashed everywhere.  and when there's International laws that tends to change things even more.  as I don't pirate I don't read those and find them a waste of time as I have to wait for it run it's cycle, you can't skip them.
:icondabair:
DaBair Featured By Owner Edited Sep 27, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
There's a hidden message in Spyro 3 that will only appear if you're playing an illegal copy of the game. Zoe the fairy will tell Spyro that he's playing a hacked version of the game and that he may experience problems that won't occur on a legal copy. My copy was a legal copy, so I never saw it, but I found it on several YouTube videos. Screenshots of the message are pretty easy to find.

While the message isn't too scary, the problems that Spyro will face are actually quite scary. Problems that may occur include eggs being randomly erased from your atlas, Spyro's health being limited, Spyro being randomly ejected from levels, being unable to pause the game, being required to pay Moneybags to free Sheila again even after you freed her, and being returned to the wrong home world or level when using a return portal (or from being ejected from a level). In fact, you will most likely be unable to finish the game.

See the full list for yourself: tcrf.net/Spyro:_Year_of_the_Dr…
:iconsheackng-the-guy:
Sheackng-the-guy Featured By Owner Sep 27, 2020  New Deviant
Yeah... I've already know it...
:icondabair:
DaBair Featured By Owner Sep 27, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I've known about it for years - I think I first found out about it in high school.
I feel like Insomniac went out of their way to troll people who hack games, just to get the message across that piracy is bad.
Add a Comment: