Details

Closed to new replies
September 25
Link

Statistics

Replies: 71

Why do people play games on super easy? caw.

:iconsuperchillcrow:
SuperChillCrow Featured By Owner Sep 25, 2020  New Deviant
Is the game too hard for you? caw.

Devious Comments

:iconsmithnikovat:
Smithnikovat Featured By Owner 5 days ago
Bird, I play Blood. On Well Done difficulty level. So you can't criticize SHIT for whatever choices I make on difficulty levels elsewhere. 
:iconbelieveinya:
believeinya Featured By Owner 4 days ago
But otherwise he could ?
Smithnikovat Featured By Owner 4 days ago
Nah, just citing one of many reasons.
:iconthecunningcondor:
TheCunningCondor Featured By Owner 5 days ago  Professional Digital Artist
I’m playing through Last of Us Part II on Hard. This enemy AI is a son of a bitch. You get your tits torn off every minute by these smartass sunzabitches. Sometimes its nice to take a break from hellzone fuckstorms with a more casual game.
:iconsynthwavecoastline:
SynthwaveCoastline Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2020  New Deviant
Sometimes the game is too hard, even on Normal or Easy. In other cases, we just want to experience the story and world without dying every 10 minutes.
:icongrendalunleashed:
GrendalUnleashed Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2020  Professional General Artist
Because I want to navigate the story narrative and not respawn at the auto save over and over again because the npc's are more powerful than my sprite though I do play CoD on 'insane' setting for the 'killfrenzy' joy,haha.
:iconmahoushoujoicestar:
MahouShoujoIceStar Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
 Yes. It usually is.

I just want to play for fun, and I'm not very competitive or interested in challenge. I'm super casual.
:iconhideshisface:
HidesHisFace Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2020
Because those people are video game journalists and it has been proven that they can be outsmarted by an average pigeon.
Smithnikovat Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2020
Still not letting that whole Cuphead thing go, eh? 
:iconhideshisface:
HidesHisFace Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2020
Did the situation with gaming journalism improve since that blunder? I don't think it did, so I'm not letting it go.
:icondoodleandco4:
Doodleandco4 Featured By Owner Oct 8, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Why not?
Smithnikovat Featured By Owner Oct 8, 2020
So tell me, bird, what do you consider "easy" and what do you consider "hard"? 
SuperChillCrow Featured By Owner Oct 8, 2020  New Deviant
On super mario, you get the white tuniki suit where you can surpass any level without dying. caw caw.
Smithnikovat Featured By Owner Oct 8, 2020
Which Mario is this? I only really played the original SMB 3, and while the Tanuki suit is useful, it sure as shit ain't a win button...
:iconlarkspurbetula:
LarkspurBetula Featured By Owner Oct 10, 2020  Hobbyist
I think in some of the newer 3d ones like 3d land and 3d world, if you die a certain amount of times on a level, you get a golden tanuki suit that is basically permanent star power.
:iconaspiepiestamps:
AspiePieStamps Featured By Owner Oct 8, 2020  Student Digital Artist
Because I would rather get to the story you fuckwad then play the level 4000 Times???
:iconfusernien:
Fusernien Featured By Owner Oct 8, 2020
Seems kind of boring but hey at least they're enjoying it
:icontoastedfrost:
ToastedFrost Featured By Owner Edited Oct 6, 2020  New Deviant Hobbyist General Artist
People play on the easiest mode because they want to have relaxed gameplay, and they don't want to be stressed out. Games are supposed to be fun, not stressful. Like most games I play I play on the easiest mode, because I want to have a relaxed experience. I do play on normal at first, but I end up changing it to the easiest mode. Ghost Recon is an example, played it on normal at first but for missions dealing with UNIDAD I changed it on Arcade Mode. I liked how chill it was, so I left it on.
:iconbelieveinya:
believeinya Featured By Owner Oct 6, 2020
Which game offers a difficulty level "super easy" ? I dont remember ever seeing any game offer this level.
SuperChillCrow Featured By Owner Oct 6, 2020  New Deviant
Theres one game on the top of my head that does it. Persona 4 Golden. caw.
:iconyazoroth:
yazoroth Featured By Owner Oct 6, 2020
For the Story?
:icondancewithknives:
Dancewithknives Featured By Owner Oct 5, 2020
If its a new genre or game, then I think playing on Easy is fine because you need to learn (IE, guitar hero, or for me, XCOM). But i think its much more rewarding to play on the harder difficulties if it makes it a challenge, like almost every cod on Veteran. I do think that the trend for games to handhold for bad players is awful. At that point, just go watch a walkthrough on youtube.
:iconstevemacqwark:
stevemacqwark Featured By Owner Oct 5, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't have as much time or patience with games these days because I'm getting older, have a lot more responsibility and the fact there's just not enough time in the day to dedicate 3 to 5 hours.
:iconcobaltcrimson:
cobaltcrimson Featured By Owner Oct 5, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I do it to grind trophies/achievements.
:icon5herlotta:
5HERLOTTA Featured By Owner Oct 5, 2020
The only game I've played on hard is MGS4 and I'd never played a MGS game before that. I'm playing through MGS1 on easy now:3 
I'm just into games for the story and characters, gameplay comes secondary to me always.
:iconblackbook668:
blackbook668 Featured By Owner Oct 5, 2020
First time I'd never pick that option but it's a fun one to pick for a third or fourth playthrough when you want to absolutely dominate the enemy. There's a great deal of fun to be found in that... but only real fun when you know otherwise how difficult they can be.
:iconniotabunny:
niotabunny Featured By Owner Oct 4, 2020
when I want to trophies I'll play on easy.  it's much easier to try for treasures on Drake Uncharted on easy and normal vs what comes next.  and if there's a trophy for easy welp...
:iconalevesper:
AleVesper Featured By Owner Oct 4, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Depends on the person, the game, and the reason they're playing it.

And like :iconherbaldrink: said, difficulty is subjective.
:iconkawayyuki:
Kawayyuki Featured By Owner Oct 4, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
because they are losers. That's why.
Smithnikovat Featured By Owner Oct 5, 2020
So what's the hard line that someone should play their video game on, difficulty wise, in order to avoid this label? 
Kawayyuki Featured By Owner Oct 5, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
medium to play the game the first time and get used to everything. And when you reply it you play it on hard mood.
And what do you consider a legit difficulty? Just having enemies be bullet sponges or more numerous, or....
probably removing the instractions and letting me figure stuff in my own
That might not be bad for some genre's of games, say, a platformer or the simpler hack and slashes, but for some games that's beyond stupid.
Try playing THIS without the instructions, to use an example; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1yo3ZBCQLc
hmmm I see. but that doesn't sound like the type of games I would like to play
But would you call someone who played that game a loser for reading the instruction manual for it?
(1 Reply)
:iconikrines:
IKrines Featured By Owner Oct 4, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I always start with Easy to learn the controls, with the least distractions as possible, and do replays on higher difficulties? Sweating a little... 
:iconelise-lucy:
Elise-Lucy Featured By Owner Oct 4, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Because I don't need to beat fictional challenges to feel accomplished. I have these in real life. Also, I play games mailny for plot.
:iconcartoon-admirer:
Cartoon-Admirer Featured By Owner Oct 5, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
This.
:iconeyeballearth:
EyeballEarth Featured By Owner Oct 4, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Maybe they just want to enjoy the story or something. I usually want a challenge when playing though.
:iconredfoxbennington:
Redfoxbennington Featured By Owner Oct 3, 2020  Student General Artist
Because their  life is fucking hard. Take it easy. 
:iconbullmander:
BullMander Featured By Owner Oct 2, 2020
Easy modes usually aren't something I care for, but I'm sure there are plenty of people that just want to sit and relax with a game instead of chiseling away because it's too difficult. Games should be enjoyable, not a chore.
:iconluckynumber113:
LuckyNumber113 Featured By Owner Oct 2, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Perhaps as a bit of a warm-up before tackling a higher difficulty level.
:iconjustcallmeraye:
JustCallMeRaye Featured By Owner Sep 29, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yes. Too hard to enjoy, and kind of ruining the pacing.
:iconsaikyoryuuougi:
saikyoryuuougi Featured By Owner Sep 28, 2020
Sometimes, the game just has bad difficulty option balancing. Many fighting games are really bad about it. The worst I've found was the version of Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo in the Capcom Classics Collection.
:icongrace-zed:
Grace-Zed Featured By Owner Sep 27, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Depends on the games. Sometimes I only play for the story.
:iconherbaldrink:
HerbalDrink Featured By Owner Sep 26, 2020
To enjoy it?

Difficulty's subjective.
:iconamber2002161:
Amber2002161 Featured By Owner Sep 26, 2020  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
It really depends on the game. In the case of hack and slash games, such as Samurai Warriors, I tend to play on the easiest difficulty to make it easier to level up. The only exception to this was getting all the character's 4th weapons, which requires the player to play on Hard. It was brutal at times and some stages required many retries.
:iconyangxiaofan457:
YangXiaoFan457 Featured By Owner Sep 26, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Sometimes I just wanna chill and enjoy the game without raging.
Smithnikovat Featured By Owner Sep 25, 2020
Depends; some game's "difficulty" is pretty bullshit, ie just throwing more enemies or making enemies damage sponges. That's not very fun of a challenge. 
Add a Comment: