Details

September 21
Link

Statistics

Replies: 18

Microsoft trying to buy ZeniMax and Bethesda (That means Doom, Fallout and Elder scrolls)

:iconshadow-dimension:
Shadow-Dimension Featured By Owner Edited Sep 21, 2020  Student Digital Artist

Breaking News: We're here to interrupt your chronic COVID-19 fueled exile from the public to give you this huge game news update. Microsoft is trying to obtain ZeniMax by the second half of its current fiscal year, which means by January or June of 2021.

This deal will mean Microsoft will obtain DOOM, Wolfenstein, RAGE, Dishonored, Prey, The Evil within, Quake, Fallout, and Elder scrolls, and even more. That right there is a massive armada of Game IPs. And, that Microsoft will obtain one of the most important video game companies in gaming. What with Bethesda holding the IPs that made the FPS genre a thing. And if this deal goes through, that means Microsoft will have both makers of Fallout, and arguably the best FPS game series on the market.

For me personally, that is really cool. That means we get a less greedy parent company behind my Favorite game IPs. And, we might never get another Fallout 76, or anti-consumer/greed-fueled decision from Bethesda ever again. Considering most/all of the greedy decisions done by Bethesda was affected by ZeniMax. And, Microsoft has been doing a fantastic job on their consumer-friendly tactics.

But what do you guys think? Do you think this is a big deal at all? Does this affect your next-gen console purchase? Do you think Bethesda will change from this (for better or worse) or will they be the same? Or do you think this contract will fall through, and not happen? Leave a comment below

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconkpearce:
kpearce Featured By Owner Sep 25, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
If they get the Doom ip, Microsoft should really try and get Mick Gordon back in. Offer that dude total freedom and give him a boat filled with money.
:icongametrek:
GameTrek Featured By Owner Sep 24, 2020  Professional General Artist
Bethesda should just focus on listening to Fallout fans. I do not think they would not do anything of that sort to people at all.

In my opinion who needs them, all we need is a nude hack, and sex animations hack, and we just need to link all the Fallout games using the same engines together at some point and allow for server jumping with all the quests open or able to be on all the time or have a clock to reset.

Bethesda should just somehow rehash the content they have and make it like PSO or death stranding somehow.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=awEnvy…
:iconredfoxbennington:
Redfoxbennington Featured By Owner Sep 23, 2020  Student General Artist
Microsoft just did a checkmate. 
:icongametrek:
GameTrek Featured By Owner Sep 24, 2020  Professional General Artist
No please no first mine-craft and now our beloved escape from reality that is Fallout. OHHHH NOOOEEES.

Seriously Microsoft is garbage everything they touch turns  into crap.

Take "Grabbed by the Ghoulies" It was suppose to be the next "Zombies at our neighbors" but instead it turned into a forgotten lore. I mean omgsh Rareware. Remember Rareware.
:iconredfoxbennington:
Redfoxbennington Featured By Owner Sep 25, 2020  Student General Artist
If Microsoft owns Bethesda this can mean only 2 things.

Less heroine and masturbation breaks for the programmers so they can get the game done or Windows blue screen.
:icondrifterjellybean:
DrifterJellybean Featured By Owner Sep 23, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Good, hopefully it means they'll start completing their games themselves instead of relying on modding communities to do it. The threat of microtransactions up the arse is a tad hard to shake off, though
:iconhideshisface:
HidesHisFace Featured By Owner Sep 22, 2020
I love how a lot of people on various sites and forums seem to be terrified that this might mean stuff like more cashgrab DLC and the like...
I mean... Are we talking about the same Bethesda and Zenimax?

For some absolutely bizarre reasons people seem to think that Bethesda were like the 'good guys' of the video game industry, which boggles my mind on so many levels.

Quick reminder - Bethesda basically started and popularised the whole garbage-tier DLC stuff. Remember Oblivion? Remember the infamous Horse Armour? Remember Imperial Orrery - one of the first DLC ever made of content cut before release? Bethesda popularised this kind of crap.
We are talking about the same Bethesda responsible for Fallout 76.
Mountains of never-fixed gamebreaking bugs in pretty much all of their games?
The same Zenimax that tried to sneakily force Denuvo onto Doom games.

If this whole deal is because Zenimax started doing poorly and needed to be absorbed by other company to stay afloat - they did it to themselves.
:iconbelieveinya:
believeinya Featured By Owner Sep 22, 2020
So what ? I never bought any Oblivion DLC and I can STILL play that game just fine if I wanted to. I dont really, because frankly that game isnt so interesting.
:iconbelieveinya:
believeinya Featured By Owner Sep 21, 2020
Why the heck would that be cool, of all things ? Maybe if you own Microsoft stock, sure.

At least its not EA. Bioware was eaten long ago by EA and that really didnt do any good for them.

Otherwise MS has already taken over Obsidian. I doubt that will lead to many good effects either, though theres hope MS isnt as awful as EA. After all, thats not really hard.

If MS now gets Bethesda as well, that doesnt leave many independent successful creators of roleplaying games anymore.

We'll have CD Project and Larian Studios, and thats about it. Well, and of course special creators like Square Enix.
:iconblackbook668:
blackbook668 Featured By Owner Sep 21, 2020
Not trying, the deal only needs to be finalised and both companies have come to an agreement.

I don't think this is much of a positive development honestly.
:iconsmashfang:
SmashFang Featured By Owner Sep 21, 2020
Why not?
Unless you're an investor type, I don't see why it would. Do Microsoft even have a good track record with this kind of thing? It's a power play. I doubt it'll have much positive influence when it comes to the consumer.
Shadow-Dimension Featured By Owner Sep 21, 2020  Student Digital Artist
Well, as I stated in the post we could get less greedy tactics with Bethesda. Since Microsoft is more open with its IPs and software and less forceful with Microtransactions. Heck, they still let other platforms enjoy Minecraft even though they own it. And ZeniMax isn't going to make any money-hungry calls anymore.

Plus, another thing I should have added. Is this might lead to better quality Bethesda Studio games (Elder Scrolls and Fallout developers). Meaning there could be less glitchy moments in their games (And less mutant cows magically being in buildings and on roofs).
That's reading an awful lot into the purchase.
Shadow-Dimension Featured By Owner Sep 21, 2020  Student Digital Artist
I know, I'm just a super hyped for this. Bethesda is one of my favorite game publishers of all time (Note: I said publisher and not developer).
blackbook668 Featured By Owner Edited Sep 21, 2020
Hmm, isn't that rather unfair to the developer? Wolfenstein was developed by MachineGames, DOOM by id Software and Dishonored by Arkane Studios to name a few, you should praise them because they did all the work.
Shadow-Dimension Featured By Owner Edited Sep 21, 2020  Student Digital Artist
I do, that's why I said I like the "Publisher Bethesda". As in when they bring in great games from other people, like Id, and Arkane, and the rest.
As in I meant the other studios apart of the company.
Because I like Bethesda when they publish games like Wolfenstein and DOOM, and the developer who make those games. but I'm not too happy about Fallout or Elder scrolls. Due to Bethesda's personal game studio being kind of a joke. What with all the constant glitching left and right, and game-breaking bugs.
:iconblackcapbandit:
BlackCapBandit Featured By Owner Sep 21, 2020  Student Digital Artist
Great, even more microtransactions -_-
Add a Comment: