Details

September 20
Link

Statistics

Replies: 76

Favorite women in gaming history

:iconthefandomdoe:
TheFandomDoe Featured By Owner Sep 20, 2020
Alright guys and gals letís hear your favorite ladies in all of gaming. This can range from triple A games or indie titles so go wild.

Personally Iím a huge sucker for Bayonetta and Heather Mason. Both for their personalities, design and just how badass they are in the context of their games. 

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconbleizezerb:
BleizezERB Featured By Owner 2 days ago  New Deviant Student Traditional Artist
Am I thown into fire if I say Soraka and Lulu form League of Legends? >.>

honestly I also love Zelda, and Triss from the Witcher, Triss is cool
:iconalexarts-3d:
AlexArts-3D Featured By Owner Oct 12, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Bayonetta
:iconallison-kaas:
allison-kaas Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2020
:iconmelerski:
Melerski Featured By Owner Oct 11, 2020  Hobbyist
Catalina from GTA San Andreas.
:iconnascargamer42:
NASCARGamer42 Featured By Owner Oct 10, 2020  Student Writer
Chloe Frazer, Elena Fisher, and Nadine Ross (Uncharted)

Mileena, Ashrah, Kitana, Jade, Skarlet, Sareena, and D'Vorah (Mortal Kombat)

Nina Williams, Julia Chang, Christie Monterio, Anna Williams, Zafina, and Master Raven (Tekken) 

Lara Croft (Pre reboot) 

Keira (Jak and Daxter) 
:iconapplejacks2020:
Applejacks2020 Featured By Owner Oct 9, 2020
Princess Daisy
:icon5herlotta:
5HERLOTTA Featured By Owner Oct 5, 2020
Sherlotta from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time ! 
:icon5herlotta:
5HERLOTTA Featured By Owner Oct 5, 2020
if  my name doesn't give that away well enough,, i branded myself after her since shes niche and i love her sm
:iconeyeballearth:
EyeballEarth Featured By Owner Oct 4, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Alyx Vance from Half Life, she's just well rounded, sympathetic, realistic and relateable.

:iconspajjder:
spajjder Featured By Owner Oct 4, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I love Shantae and her gals.

Another is not really a girl per se but is drawn with female features - Shodan from System Shock 2. She freaked me out : )
:iconcasvalvania:
Casvalvania Featured By Owner Oct 2, 2020  New Deviant  Traditional Artist
2b
Jill Valentine
Bayonetta 

I love their designs and their "I don't give an 'F, get outta my way!" attitudes.
:iconsophitiacroft:
SophitiaCroft Featured By Owner Oct 3, 2020
Which version of Jill is your favourite?

For me it is her version from Revelations that is her hottest version followed by her blonde version from RE5.

I absolutely hated the way she looked in RE3 Remake.
Casvalvania Featured By Owner Oct 3, 2020  New Deviant  Traditional Artist
Loved her look in the RE1 Remake and original RE3. After that, its got to be her revelations/RE5 look.
Yea, I didn't dig her R3make look at all either. Now she looks like Alice from the RE movies. The game wasn't that great either.
Great comment.

Nice too see someone else like the blonde version of her.

I would love to know just what it is about Capcom and why they are so hell bent on destroying the looks of their women in Resident Evil.

For instance take my favourite girl Claire Redfield. In RE2 and Code Veronica she was absolutely gorgeous. In Revelations I have mixed feelings. In her normal clothes she is so-so, with her short hair yuck but in her cowbow outfit she is as gorgeous as hell. In her RE2 remake again so-so. I mean you wouldn't knock her back but she is far from attractive. I would love to know just what made Capcom pick the ugly Jordan Mcewen to be her face model.

Nice to see someone else thinking that the RE3 Remake was a stinking pile of shit. I spent £40 ($60) for a short 5 - 6 hour long game with no new game+ or any replayability value whatsoever and it wasn't worth going through that rubbish again to buy any of the stuff in that shop area.  I would love to know just what the hell they were smoking over at IGN as they gave that game a 9/10.
:iconwkarellen:
WKarellen Featured By Owner Oct 3, 2020  New Deviant Hobbyist
RE3 Remake is one of those games that seems fine at first glance. When it's spoon fed to you in bits and pieces in previews, it creates this false idea that it's bigger and more inventive than it actually is. Most of us who've watched Capcom go up and down over the years were skeptical to begin with, especially after the leaks, but I tried to remain open minded about it. My initial playthrough was admittedly fun--nothing spectacular--but I've had zero desire to replay it, and my enthusiasm rapidly dried up because there just wasn't any meat on it. Meanwhile I've run through RE2 Remake some eight times. The difference in longevity is profound.

Maybe I could've forgiven RE3 Remake if had more unlockable outfits, weapons, game modes, etc, but the actual structure of the game itself, and the way Nemesis worked was just so... limited. There's not a lot you can really do with it. I was looking forward to seeing how the developers would expand on what they achieved with the badass Mr. X, only to find that they didn't expand on the idea at all. They actually back pedaled on one of the best aspects of a game they *just made* in favor of scripted events that have a one shot window of impact.

I think Capcom got really carried away with RE2 Remake's success. With dollar signs in their eyes, they lost perspective and rushed RE3 out the door in an attempt to ride the wave, rather than dedicate time and love to it. It's a real shame, because I always felt RE3, with its city environment, Nemesis, and live choice mechanic, had the potential to be something truly awesome in a remake. Instead, it's a footnote when it should've been a complete book all its own. Capcom is absolutely the definition of a mixed bag. When they're great, they're *really* great, and I love them for it. But then they put a cat turd in the bag and I'm like "why would you do this? What crazed chain of thought could've possibly justified this dick move?"

I'll admit, though, the intrepid modding community has created some beautiful costumes and alternative face models for Jill on the PC. While good community content doesn't justify a subpar base game, it does take the edge off. Slightly.

Sorry if that just came across as a random rant. This the first time I've posted any of my thoughts on RE3 Remake, and seeing it all in one place made me realize just how deeply disappointed I feel about it.
Great response!

The game was rushed and totally half assed.

I spent £20 on Revelations 1 & 2 and got WEEKS of playability out of them thanks to the story and raid mode. When you can get more playability out of an Xbox Arcade game then you must know you have screwed up somewhere.

I reckon that Capcom only released that stinking pile of garbage so that they could release that equal pile of stinking horse manure in that multiplayer game.

You are so right that they can blow hot and cold. They made a game I loved and adored in Dragon's Dogma yet they come out with this stinking pile of crap in RE3 Remake. Cant figure them out.

I deleted the game from my hard drive as I never want to see it again. Ugly girl, mediocre graphics and pathetic game.
That game felt so bare. They managed to make these wide expansive streets with nothing to see or do in them,
unlike the more limited original where even the debris was interesting. And when they finally give you an interesting 
moment, it's over before you know it. 
:iconalevesper:
AleVesper Featured By Owner Oct 3, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I also loved Revelations Jill.....but I hated RE5 Jill.

Hopefully she makes an actual (better) comeback to the series at some point, and not just in remakes or spinoffs.
:iconwkarellen:
WKarellen Featured By Owner Oct 2, 2020  New Deviant Hobbyist
Old school Jill destroyed my brain when I was younger. I discovered RE3 at the perfect age. Oh Noes! 

I always thought Bayonetta looked interesting, design and gameplay wise. Is it still worth playing today? It's made by the DMC guys, right?
Haha same.
Oh most definitely! That game aged like a fine wine. That's right, and If you like DMC1 and DMC3, then you'll probably like Bayonetta.
Bayonetta I really want to give a go one day. It looks baller as hell.
You should! I personally like its style more than DMC. Both are great, but Bayonetta can be more forgiving to pick up and play.
"WELCOME TO MY FANTASY ZONE"! GET READY"!

I used to love the hell out of Bayonetta. I even had the hardback walkthrough guide for it. Haven't played it in about 7 or 8 years though.

Her red and white crop top and bikini bottoms was just as hot as hell.
It's been quite awhile since I've played Bayonetta too ^^; Mainly since I don't own a 360 anymore. I should get it on PS4 soon tho.
Yea it was. Another favorite of mine was the witchy outfit or the one with the short cape.
Sounds like a good thing to get for the Switch!
:iconteeyu:
teeyu Featured By Owner Oct 1, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
I remember liking Clementine from The Walking Dead quite a lot. She's precious.
:iconcustompixelcreations:
CustomPixelCreations Featured By Owner Edited Sep 30, 2020  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Samus Aran! Blew my mind away as a kid when SHE took off HER helmet.

:icontheswitchify:
TheSwitchify Featured By Owner Sep 30, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Alyx Vance!
:iconcicakkia:
cicakkia Featured By Owner Sep 29, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
Old version Lara croft and Bayonetta
:iconstevemacqwark:
stevemacqwark Featured By Owner Sep 29, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
There's too many awesome female characters, so I mention one awesome female developer.

Amy Hennig.

She elevated the Legacy of Kain universe with Soul Reaver, made the Uncharted games and elevated Neil Druckmann's career... until he backstabbed her by getting her sacked from Naughty Dog and then EA fucked up the Star Wars games she and Visceral Games were working on.
:iconiamaclaesandihateit:
IAmAClaesAndIhateIt Featured By Owner Sep 29, 2020
Man this kind of made me realize that I don't really have any favorite characters from games.
Guess the closest would be
Max from LiS and Tali from ME
AleVesper Featured By Owner Oct 5, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I've only played the first episode of Life is Strange, but I really like Max too. She's adorbs.
:iconshinkutora:
ShinkuTora Featured By Owner Edited Sep 28, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
I’ve got more than a handful of favorites...

Zelda in BotW, Tetra, Din, Selmie, Riju, Marin, Cremia, Anju (Zelda)
Rosalina, Vivian (Mario)
Samus (Metroid)
Haruka, Hana (Yakuza)
Misty, Sabrina, Sonia, Nessa, Bea (Pokemon)
The boss, Shaundi (Saints Row)
Sadie, Bonnie (Rockstar games)
Glados (Portal)
The Boss, Eva, Meryl, Sniper Wolf, Paz, Strangelove, Mistral (Metal Gear)
Olivia, Amaterasu, Rao, Bayonetta (Platinum games)
the shark (Maneater)
Zero, Five, Two, One, Kaine, Yonah, Popola, Devolah, 2B, A2, Jackass (Drakengard/Nier)
Jody, Maiden in black, maiden Astraea, Gwynevere, the doll, Maria, Eileen, Emma (Fromsoft games)
Hachisuka, Kuroyanagi, Sylvia, Naomi, Shinobu, Bad Girl, Jeanne, Alice, Juliet, Paula, Juvenile (Grasshopper games)
JJ Macfield, Amanda, Emily Wyatt, Lilly Ingram, Polly Oxford, Sigourney, Aaliyah Davis, Patricia Woods, Raven Yahoo, Lena Dauman (White Owls games)
Faris, Terra, Celes, Tifa, Garnet, Yuna, Lulu, Rikku, Marle, Ayla, Angela, Charlotte (Square Enix games)
Toriel, Undyne, Temmie, Muffet, Susie (Undertale/Deltarune)
Cube (Jet Set Radio)
Joy, Shenhua, Xiuying (Shenmue)

Probably plenty of others but that’s all off the top of my head.
Din from Oracle of Seasons is such an underrated character. :la:
ShinkuTora Featured By Owner Oct 5, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
I wish Nintendo would let them return...or at least remake the oracle games
Holy crap, I'd LOVE a remake to the Oracle games. :eager:
ShinkuTora Featured By Owner Oct 5, 2020  Professional Digital Artist
Yeah Seasons is probably my favorite of the 2D Zelda games
:iconmirria1:
Mirria1 Featured By Owner Edited Sep 28, 2020  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Female characters? Hm...
Malon, Midna & Zelda from LoZ, Maria Renard from Castlevania SotN, Quiet from MGSV, Classic Lara Croft.
:icontherandomgirlxd:
TheRandomGirlXD Featured By Owner Sep 27, 2020  Student General Artist
I love Bayonetta too! :D 

Other female video game characters I like are Juliet Starling from Lollipop Chainsaw and Carmen Sandiego (Carmen had her own educational video game series in the 80s and 90s before the Netflix show).
:icontangiwai:
Tangiwai Featured By Owner Sep 27, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
FemShep - Mass Effect, FemRyder - Mass Effect Andromeda, Yennefer, Ciri, Triss, and Anna-Henrietta - Witcher 3 and Blood and Wine DLC,  FemHawke, Merill, Isabella - Dragon Age 2, Morrigan, Flemeth - Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age Inquisition,  Aloy - Horizon Zero Dawn,  Kassandra - AC Odyssey,  Aya - AC Origins.

Can't think of any others atm. 
:iconmphtmnslt:
mphtmnslt Featured By Owner Edited Sep 29, 2020
FemShep :heart:  Morrigan and Flemeth were pretty great too in Dragon Age Origins.
:iconrosalinassoulmate:
RosalinasSoulmate Featured By Owner Sep 27, 2020  Student Filmographer
Rosalina of Super Mario Galaxy
Lady Palutena of Kid Icarus
Samus Aran of Metroid
Princess Daisy of Super Mario Land

There's more, but those are the main four.
Daisy gets too much hate in my opinion.

I like her way more than friggen Peach. :stare:
:iconrosalinassoulmate:
RosalinasSoulmate Featured By Owner 3 days ago  Student Filmographer
Agreed. I find Daisy to be a way more interesting and entertaining character than Peach. Really, I only play as Peach in games where Daisy's not available (e.g. Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Party 2, and any Smash Bros. game prior to Ultimate).
:iconakumaru13:
Akumaru13 Featured By Owner Sep 27, 2020  Student Digital Artist
Amaterasu (Okami) She may not have any dialogue, but she has a lot of personality
Heather Mason (Silent Hill 3)
Regina (Dino Crisis)
Cynthia (Pokemon)

:icongwen-fox:
Gwen-Fox Featured By Owner Sep 27, 2020  Hobbyist General Artist
Ellie from TLOU, Heather Mason from SH3, and Cynthia from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl stick out to me the most. :)
:iconthefandomdoe:
TheFandomDoe Featured By Owner Sep 27, 2020
The heather love in this thread makes me so happy. Also FUCK YEA CYNTHIA!
:iconinvisiblesniper:
InvisibleSniper Featured By Owner Sep 27, 2020  Student Writer
Sniper Wolf from MGS1.
Lara Croft. (Newer version)
Jill Valentine.
AleVesper Featured By Owner Sep 27, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yaaaay Jill! :heart:
:iconredfoxbennington:
Redfoxbennington Featured By Owner Sep 23, 2020  Student General Artist
Roberta Williams. She created many fun adventure games that brought laughs, screams, and boggled minds.
Add a Comment: