Details

September 9
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

unpopular sims 4 opinion: the graphics

:iconkatapotato55:
Katapotato55 Featured By Owner Sep 9, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
i think the sims 4 graphics is overly minimalist and simple. 

i keep hearing how the only thing in the sims 4 that has improved from the sims 3 is graphics, but in my opinion? its not much of an improvement. 

ok yes, sims dont have weird pudding potato faces, nor do tattoos look like a low-res png smear, but thats about it. 

i just think the sims 4 graphics looks too perfect. where is my crappy grungy car? my furniture that looks like it has been worn down over the years? nope perfect brand new IKEA esk designs all around. 

because of this i have never been able to get attached to the sims 4. their hair is like play dough, and everything looks like its made from childrens toy parts. fun for some people, not for me. 

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconredfoxbennington:
Redfoxbennington Featured By Owner Sep 23, 2020  Student General Artist
PS2 Sims 2 looked better.
:iconshadow-dimension:
Shadow-Dimension Featured By Owner Sep 16, 2020  Student Digital Artist

You know I find it funny when people say, "Unpopular opinion" and all there doing is preaching the truth.

You're not the only one who thinks this. A lot of people don't like sims 4's plastic barbie doll look (Even myself and I'm not a huge Sims fan). It doesn't help that the graphics look like it was cheaply made. And it's a game published by the guys who gave us Crysis, Medal of Honor, Battlefield, Titanfall, StarWars battlefront, and a crap ton of good-looking games.

Also, everyone who is dark-skinned in that game looks un-needingly shiny, or ashy. They should have done the same thing Sid Meier’s Civilization 6 did. And actually, tried to make realistic skin tones. And more importantly, make the hair look like it’s made out of a different material then the skin. Heck, even animal crossing got this right. The graphics for Sims 4 looks good in cover art but screams of early PS3, late PS2 game graphics in actual gameplay (I know because it looks like that PC game “The Movies” from 2005). Like a cheap HD remaster of 3, but somehow worse in many ways.

But, personally, that’s not my biggest issue with the game. It’s the fact that it seems like EA totally forgot about this game. They would do so much cool stuff with this series. But, 4 seemed like they had no idea what we wanted… Even though we told them so many times. I bet EA had to delete Petabytes of Emails. I always had this feeling of, “It feels like the game is missing something.” every time I played Sims 4. Like being given a delicious pie, but like 1/3 or 3/5 of it was gone.

:iconshinigami-sadies:
Shinigami-Sadies Featured By Owner Sep 10, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I can relate to disliking the graphics in sims 4. Although I personally think it's taken more of a cartoon look to it, I preferred the style of Sims 3 and before. Also in sims 3 you can change the colours and textures of nearly all the objects, and use hex codes for that, from what I have seen in Sims 4, there is only a certain amount of choices on colours and designs. 
:iconkatapotato55:
Katapotato55 Featured By Owner Sep 10, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
i have a theory that EA only made it so you dont even have a colour wheel is so that it would be easier to sell cheap DLC.
look at the bowling set. you need to pay for a specific striped shirt when in the sims 3 all you need is to put a patten on it.
:iconshinigami-sadies:
Shinigami-Sadies Featured By Owner Sep 11, 2020  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I very much think so also.
I know the patterns could had been a loading thing, because it did/dose take a long time to load the patterns of each material. But the colour wheel I don't think was so bad.
It's such a HUGE game, so they can get away with sucking money out of people because they know people buy it. I think that is bad as a company.
:iconmothermossy:
MotherMossy Featured By Owner Sep 16, 2020  New Deviant Hobbyist Digital Artist
I read up that all the extra things to buy costed in total like $700, and things like Cats and Dogs should've been included in base game anyway.
Add a Comment: