Best Video Game Ever

There are several amazing video games, but there are some that stand out. For me, two of the best games I ever played were Batman: Arkham City, and Red Dead Redemption 2
What are some of your favorite games, and why?
Comments67
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Super Metroid.

This isn't my favourite game, but it is the best.
EarthBound and Yume Nikki changed my life the most.
Fallout new Vegas
Far cry 4
Crash Bandicoot 3
All the Sonic Game Gear games
Sponebob Squarepants Battle of Bikini Bottom
Fallout New Vegas
Half-Life
Duke Nukem 3D 
7th guest
Metal Gear Solid 
Ridge Racer
Mass effect trilogy, Dragon age (all of them), skyrim, fallout 4, and greedfall are all my faves. But overall favorite I guess would be Mass Effect 2. It has a great story, decent graphics, and Garrus Vakarian, what more could you ask for?
Still-a-better-ending-than-mass-effect-3 by SophitiaCroft

So tell me which ending did you go for at the end of Mass Effect 3? Was it the blue ending, green ending or the red ending?

Imagine having to bring out DLC for the story because EA couldn't be bothered to pay the writers more than $5 and luncheon vouchers.

What did you think in that masterclass of ineptitude in Mass Effect Andromeda?

Also what did you think in that non game Fallout 76?
Sorry but I have ZERO interest in seeing anything to do with Crap Effect er I mean Mass Effect.

The only time I have watched anything to do with Mass Effect was one time I wanted to hear what the utterly hideous Liara T'Soni sounded like. The reason for that is because she is voiced by an actress called Ali Hillis and Ali Hillis was the voice of Sofia Hendrik in Gears Of War Judgment and I wanted to see how Hillis compared in both games and I came to the conclusion that Hillis is one fucking terrible voice actress.

I can't get into Mass Effect. It's like, one second it's a shooter and several seconds we are talking and talking and talking. I don't think this is very good pacing.

That makes two of us. I have never understood what people see in this garbage. From the little I have seen of it it looks like utter garbage.

The only time I have interest in it is when it is being criticized by the media and gamers.

Also Liara T'Soni just makes me want to puke. There is no way I could stomach her across the games.

Here have these:

Mass-effect-3-ending by SophitiaCroft   Mass-effect 3 by SophitiaCroft  

It is so nice to see a fellow hater of this utterly shit franchise that is thankfully now dead dead dead!
Spyro trilogy (classic and Reignited)
Ratchet and Clank series
Okami
Zelda Breath of the Wild
Dino Crisis

This is difficult. I would have to say Cosmic Fantasy 3 and Kingdom Hearts.
Gris. The whole thing is a game that honestly should be experienced first hand due to how it portrays grief and acceptance. Plus the visuals have that gorgeous watercolor look that I love to death.

No straight roads. It’s a great game with fun characters, gorgeous designs and a pretty great critique on how the music industries treat their artists and the artists themselves. Plus when the games centered around music you know it’s going to have amazing music.

Hiveswap. While not the best game and it’s incredibly short only clocking in at 1-2 hours the main character Joey grows on you and you genuinely feel for her situation. the fridge horror is everywhere especially if you’re familiar with the webcomic or friendsim games. 

Bayonetta. I’m a huge sucker for over the top games and bayo delivers. Initially the concept was kind of weird to me but bayonetta herself just kind of drew me in. I love how playful she was, how she was an extremely strong character and her relationship with cereza that goes from “shit I got to deal with this kid” to “if you as so much as touch her I will kill you”.

Silent hill 3. Cheryl. She’s the big reason this games a hit for me. I love how her character is essentially a snarky teen who lived a relatively normal life until shit hit the fan and she had to grow up quickly just to deal with the shit she gets put through. 
The Witcher 3

There's just so much to do in it, and I love the characters in it. It's so much more fun than just running around shooting things.
I like playing Minecraft, since it is a weird mixture of Survival RPG, adventure, sandbox, Building, and even going into Technical.
I don't think it is greatest game in existence, but the borrowing from different genre is clever.

Also I love older Maxis games, because they are so filled with knowledge and the same time incredibly wacky like having Alien invansions etc.
Well, your simmer has zero cents to their name, because you bought a freaking dive tank, and now your sim drown in it.
Halo, Oblivion, and Rainbow Six Siege.

Pretty much any Halo. They all have great campaigns, great multiplayer,  forge (3, Reach, 4, and 5), and custom games. Halo gives you so much bang for your buck.

Oblivion is just so good. It definitely looks and feels a bit outdated now but it's still so good regardless. And the music is incredible. 

I had a really hard time getting into Siege but it's now my most played game with over 3000 hours. It has replay value I never thought possible.

I bought Read Dead 2 at launch I simply couldn't get into it. It looks incredible but it controls you too much and tries too hard to be realistic with the slow looting, forced walking in town and camp, etc. 
Best game? High replay value?

Dream Fall ( the X-box game to PC port ). Which makes it a meh adventure game if you like adventure games. I wish there was more games clean like this game.

Beyond Good and Evil. This game based on book of same title is just so replayable and enjoyable. What is even more fun is how bigger the game is really meant to be. Characters and all world is so addictive.

Rival Schools is auwsome in itself.

Odd World Strangers wrath. I mean I always loved Odd-world. I was wishing it was Abe but it is not. Which would make the game very funny. It is like hmmm.... "What happen to Oddworld after Abe free everybody" but it is not that game story. It was a fun game. That being said is the only reason why I would want to play Revolver/Redemption game. I mean those games look and sounds nice but honestly.

Bomberman N64 If you reach the extra stages just for that jester boss and the big city stages with all the traffic. Then of course the fish boss to the spider, and musical scores

Kirby Dreamland 3 AKA the Apex of the series. All-star is nice but it too burny on the eyes.

Yoshi Island 2 SNES. Why? You played it before and know why. This is where Mario Galaxy got it's planet gimmick from.

Misadventures of Tronne Bonne. It is a puzzle / adventure level game. Very challenging and cute.

Perfect Dark needs no

Shadow Run SNES

Star  Fox 2 ( before it was released on fake SNES tv plug in )

................................................................. .............................................

Red dead redemption only gets bonus points because of the openness of the world itself. That is it. Also each game has a different ending to the last, which makes it only need to play to begin with.

Batman: Arkham City I could understand. All of them loose and you hunting them down then you get to beat down on hyper joker or whatever in the end.
Where the second one has the Harley Quinn extra episode. But honestly  "every single batman game is fun and enjoyable" There is not one lame Batman game. Even that one where he is featured in a Bomberman like setup is fun.
okay as broken as it is Ark survival evolved is my ultimate fave along side with sims 2 and 3. (4 is getting much worse)

Ark is pretty broken at times more so with the recent map of crystal Isle is kinda bad. 

but sims 2 and 3 are much better then 4! more custom stuff into it. 
We had SIMS online and people made custom items which was mostly BDSM stuff. It was so funny it was even on the news. I am serious there is news footage with the news broadcaster

I remember the sims online it was interesting I like the custom stuff you get on the games now too.

Can I pick a franchise? If so this one:

20 Years of Croft by SophitiaCroft   Lara Croft Relic Run 01 by henning

The greatest games and franchise known to man in video games.
The only thing good about Lara was the first two games ( and maybe the third ).

The sad part is the "official model for Lara" was not used for the %@%43#ing movie at all and we got some lame actresses.

We also had a talking Lara display at an event as well.

Then came the lame redesign of her.....

Beyond the Juggernaut breasts and twin guns paired off with Indiana Jones like worlds. The reality what makes her terible is that she is a rich girl and is only doing all of this exploration for fun

That is it.

She lives in a giant big house, have martial arts training and rides around in luxary.

Just think about it for five seconds.  We are playing a game about a rich girl, with big ideal breasts, and petite athletic fit gymastic body meanwhile we our selves do not have a cent in our names.

Again rich girl petite body big breast on Indana Jones Adventures is not a professor