What was your first video game?

What was the first video game you played? On what system? I was having a debate with a friend and I'd like to get some views on this topic.

As far as I can remember, mine was a crappy racing game on one of those portable game devices (like Game and Watch, only I'm not sure if it was that or a knock off brand) that could only play one game. Well, it wasn't as much a racing game. It was a "switch lanes and avoid to get hit" game.
Comments88
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Alex The Kidd - Sega Saturn
Lets take a look at all the wrongness in this answer.

1. It is ALEX KIDD! First name Alex. LAST NAME Kidd. It is NOT Alex The Kidd.

He only appeared on The Master System/Genesis/Mega Drive. His last game came out in 1990 FIVE years before the release of The Saturn.

Please get your facts right before posting. There is this thing called The Internet/World Wide Web and on this thing called the internet/world wide web they have these things called search engines where you can check things out before posting. I recommend you using it as checking things out before posting means you do not end up looking like an idiot when putting your post up.

Also Alex Kidd had 6 games released in his franchise (a 7th game a remake of Miracle World comes out next year) between 1986 and 1990. I take it you mean Miracle World right?
'Keystone Kapers'!
I think it was either Sonic the Hedgehog 2 or Mortal Kombat II for the Sega Genesis.
Gamecube Animal Crossing
lets just say I got so hooked onto it, my parents had to tell me other games were like animal crossing to get me to play something else lmao
I'm pretty sure my first encounter with video games was in an arcade at the mall. It was one of the Street Fighter titles. I can't remember which since I was so young, but it definitely lit the fire.
mario golf for the gamecube is the first one i can remember
IDK, but I'd say I had a PS1 and I played 102 Dalmatians Puppies to the Rescue and Crash Team Racing. I also played Spyro Year of the Dragon. I soooooo missed out on playing Final Fantasy VII until I was at least 14. But I did also play a lot of older titles on my computer, chiefly NES and arcade games.
The original Sonic the Hedgehog on the Genesis
I'm an old shit (even though I turn 27 soon) but the first game I can remember playing was Burger Time on the Atari 2600 back in the 90's.

God, I regret fucking selling that thing for a hundred bucks. We could've gotten over a thousand for it nowadays.

No, the Atari still sells for about 100 dollars. 200 if you have it in the box. Unless you meant with a lot of games. Would have to be a big collection of games though.

I honestly don't remember what games we had, and when I said it was worth a thousand, I meant it was worth that YEARS ago, like early 2000's at most.

I bought one back then for 3 euro's

Super Mario Land on the game boy when i was six or seven.
Found it in one of my parents drawers and here we are today haha.
Either Nanosaur or Star Wars Episode 1 Pod Racer on Mac
I believe it was Kirby's dreamland for the Game Boy. 
The curse of monkey island, i was pretty bad at it though, i don't think i even made it off the island the first time i played that game.
Tetris on a brick-like console. One of the best birthday presents I've ever received.
Diddy Kong Racing on N64! A really fun racing game!
I'm not too sure which one Commander Keen or Croc Legend of Gobbos on windows 95.
Super Mario 64 for the Nintendo 64.
Probably one of those devices similar to the one you mentioned, but I think I had one with 5 options, racing, space invaders-ish and such.

But I'd say the first real game is that old lion king game on the PC