types of games you hate?

Just what the title says. Maybe you've tried playing these games but couldn't enjoy them or used to enjoy playing them etc.

For me I don't play a lot of video games tbh, so mine are probably just from what I've seen

I don't like visual novels. I do not class them as video games because there's abrely any gameplay, just selecting option after option. I'm not saying every video game you have to be pushing a million buttons at a time, but sitting through cutscene after cutscene selecting a choice after choice isn't a fun time for me. I also hate how most of them don't even have animation just still fucking images. I know School Days have animation I believe but come on. This is not 8 bit.

I also don't like games that rely on quick time events. Like press x to throw a punch or press Y to block etc.

Shitty tie in video games. Like you know when the latest Pixar film has come out so a shitty game comes out? 
Comments105
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Level grinds.  Some of the franchise games related to films, especially if the game doesn't live up to the film.  Auto-leveling of enemies in games like AC Odyssey.  The singstar or dancing games of the PS3 generation.  Some of the fighting games with complicated control combos.  Anything with a linear storyline, or repetitive use of game tiles for level-grind dungeons.

Grinding in Pokemon so you can beat the Elite Four and you get hardly enough experience lol

Oh yeah. LOL. I remember doing that on Pokemon Red and Yellow. Not fun, but I kept at it. It was more fun int Sun and Moon. Might be 'cause the game was in colour.

Oh it's SUPER painful in Red and Blue along with Yellow because you can't even see how much XP you've gotten

If a game blatantly pushes a political narrative, I'll usually get kinda put off.
Gacha games aka Gambling simulators
Pay to Win type games
Most FPS games (except TF2, Halo, and Left 4 Dead 2)
Most Sports games (except Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup, and Rocket League)
Battle Royale (except Fall Guys)
Politically biased games (aka Life is Strange)
Battle Royale
Clickers
"Horror" games where you cant even fight back.
All the "rpgs" that aren't jrpgs. Talk about boring. And they're all lumped into the same category so I have to go through them just to find one jrpg.
Find the impostor type games. I'm always awful at them and don't really see much appeal personally. They just seem boring. Unfortunately Among Us is really popular now so I have to deal with seeing it EVERYWHERE and people always wanting to play it despite having no interest in that type of game
I don't get the games where you take it in turns to attack one another and you have health bars. Usually there's cards involved and anime style characters. I just find that boring. 
Farming games
Racing
Sports (like basketball, football etc.)
Entirely turn-based rpg games like fire emblem
Games where you command troops to take over the enemy (clash of clans for example)
Simulators
Puzzles
Visual novels
Most rythmn games
Most fighting games

I misread that as farming racing games so lol

It's got to be level grinding. It's not terribly common in most games that come out nowadays, but going back to play an RPG that has it in spades is rough.
Mainly 'cause I don't have time to dedicate trying to level a character/party up.

Also RNG in games is the worst. Having to waste the same enemy over and over just for a chance it may drop that certain rarity or or item you need.
Linear games like Crash or side-scrolling like some Mario games, shooters because let´s face it, they´re very much same, shoot this to win.
-Gatcha games. To me it's a waste of time. If I wanna doll-up a character I can just draw it instead of chucking $100's into gatcha rolls. 
-Arcade games that are just mobile game ports
mmm I would have to say games like call of doody. or like things like League of legends. All sports games.  um... phone games I dont like either. 

I dont mind Visual novels if I dont have to read it (im not great at reading already)  and for some reason terraria. I dont really know why but I cant stand it. 
I am not a fan of rhythm games due to lack of well rhythm XD. I guess we all have to have a weakness.
Turn-based JRPGs. With all the texts, displays and menus.
Feels like playing a flight simulator
I don't enjoy games that give me a time limit from the outset, especially RPG's. Something like, you have ten days to complete an objective, or you lose, go nuts. The persona series was probably the only franchise that got me to overlook that feature. 
Idle games, I don't really see the point of them.
Bad sequels that are actually much worse than the games from before.
Cheap shovel ware games that are just trying to cash in on a popular trend or two.

And when every franchise under the sun has to be made into a fucking platformer.

I'm not a fan of Toy scanning games (Skylanders, Disney infinity, LEGO Dimensions ect.) Its one big cash grab where you buy the base game and then you had to pay even more money (Including a new shelf) to buy the figures in order to play as them in the game.

It sounds like a great idsea honestly but yeah extra money.

Typically, I feel like Idle Games are the worst. I can understand the appeal, don't get me wrong, but they do absolutely nothing for me.