Did Overwatch get bad?

Sorry for the second topic in a row. But this popped into my mind and I didn't want to wait until late morning to ask.

I remember when Overwatch was released, I liked the character designs and the bit of backstory you got. I've never actually played it though, but I have watched friends play it.

Now, it seems like everyone hates it. So my question for the people who liked it at first but now don't play it anymore, what happened?
Comments13
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Considering it's just Tumblr SJW pandering in video game form, I doubt it was ever good to start with
2 words: Mercy Nerf
Implying it was ever good.
I think a lot of people liked it upon release, regarless of what the actual quality is.

A lot of people like Amy Schumer too.

The complaints come from those who play competitive and if you have played any competitive game ever, you will know that people will always complain regardless.
I don't play games competitively so I wouldn't know.
I haven't played Overwatch in ages. Main reason is I don't actually have it, played the demo when it was out.

I think people just got kind of bored of the gameplay loop the game has. Also to me the latest character introductions honestly don't look all that interesting. Last character I checked out was Sombra I think.

2 honestly looks even worse. They decided to create a sequel over just expanding the original game... uh, why? That seems like the dumbest move they could make. The story when expanded upon doesn't much interest me as well.
Since then they have added a female robot of sorts (forgot the name) which I don't think has a great design and doesn't look like it fits with the rest of the cast.

And do you think new gameplay modes would fix the problem with gameplay loop?

That'd be... Echo it says. She was shown in a previous Overwatch short featuring McCree and Ashe. Wasn't much impressed by either character. Ashe seems... uninspired. The robot angle seems bizarre and not in keeping with the character. It'd surely make more sense for Winston to be protecting her.

I don't know much about the new gameplay modes. I did hear more about the story and it's from what I remembered more details than heart. It's the kind of stuff which should have been in the first and the Pixar inspired cinematics should have been saved for a proper story mode.

Probably for no reason other than Activision wanting more money.
I play overwatch sometimes, as far as I can tell its the same game I think just the people have changed possibly? I think everygame has a lifespan where you have played it too much and are just not having fun with it anymore like you used too.